Hoppiefrogs indoor no till living soil and knf techniques (10k ig giveaway, win a full size spiderfarmer led and much more on my Instagram!)

finally finished cleaning up the russet mites damage and we are on the flush 3 of the 40 remaining plants will have to come down a bit early but that’s alright we have plenty that will go full term.we had to crank up the temps to around 87f to slow down the reproductive cycle but we made it thru all that was thrown at us.

6 Likes

diversity will be the key around here over the next couple grows we have so many new genetics to check out there’s no way we will ever loose a full crop.we did very well with some phenos basically untouched at all, and a few tcb and sorbetto that seemed to take the brunt of it. luckily there were only 4 plants that were hit much at all.tho it took a CPL hundred hrs to keep the f’ers at bey.but as always there’s benefits to being in the room 12 hrs a day! the room is getting dialed in and polished up for the upcoming pheno hunts flower cycle. it’s cooling down enough soon we can fire up the CO2 generator again.tho we have a different location to operate in that’s away from the canopy and we are planning to buy the cooling heatsink set up for it off this crop if all goes as planned. this will allow us to drastically reduce waste heat in room and help heat our Canadian home for the winter!

8 Likes

seedlings are getting a spinosay spray then a castle soap spray and then a sulphur/frass spray in a 3 day rotation., predators as they enter late veg

9 Likes

tcb “y” sativa leaning keeper

13 Likes

got one of the new se5000 lights coming in the mail from our sponsor spiderfarmer , this one has a better spectrum including uv. can’t wait to try it out we need a few more

11 Likes

the sf5000 showed up
c3dccc7a251b1379ae080bd36b07824402a1179e_2_375x500

14 Likes

oooooooo! so pretty! new toys! congrats!

10 Likes

Have you ever used the QB 260 lights? I have been using them for a few years now and wondering how they compare.

8 Likes

no I haven’t used any other LEDs than the hlg scorpion, sf4000, sf 1000, a homemade led from a store entry lighting display and now just a couple days with the SE 5000. tho I can say I like the sf4000 best so far.my hlg scorpion is amazing for veg but I find light is spread out too much for flower production.

10 Likes
5 Likes

I have been told if I want it I got it, up to 1200$ worth every 3 months with the odd bonus shipment, it’s all about the likes and time required to break 1000 likes on i.g. we are about to break 1000 likes in 3 days this time, close to a record for spiderfarmer testers! so we don’t need to buy equipment so much anymore, wish they made heat pumps lol.jut love spiderfarmer great enthusiastic people!

10 Likes

Very happy for you my friend. About time you get a break! :wink:

8 Likes

we will be eating meat and veggies on a regular basis!! :yum: things are changing in our lives in a rush, I knew a half lifetime of bad luck had to come around if I could hold in there, I truly believe in the laws of average. like a gambling addict I knew this had to pay out at some point, so we kept at it and it seems like better times are on the horizon,now to build a new building and set up solar power and we are all good! but that will open up another can of worms I just know it lol!

12 Likes

Heya @hoppiefrog , glad things are looking good and your plants are looking great. Keep it up.

6 Likes

Ok thanks. I have 12 QB 260XLS at the moment so no need on changing anything yet. Just wondering how they would compare.

7 Likes

I like your set up. I’m new to growing cannabis and I’m experimenting with indoor and outdoor grows. Here’s a silly question because I wanna learn. Do you lower those lights or are they stationary? Most indoor setups I’ve seen they lower them and you have to keep them x distance away from the plant to maintain optimal plant health. Is that what you do? Also what’s the Instagram thing you’re talking about?

3 Likes

yes you definitely want to slowly lower the lights as the plants advance to true flowering cycle peaking light levels around week 4-6 of flower. u can also just dim them if you don’t wantho raise and lower them but best to be with 10-18" of canopy depending on the light

6 Likes

getting the thug pug starts into the stepwell super soil, using a few extras ie microbes, enzymes and mulch will post pics later after the work is done.
harvesting this weekend and then doing a high temp cleansing of my flower space to ensure my living soil is free of russet mites upstairs is now clear and seedlings never had a single bug with being careful, we are going to start spraying them to be safe tho now they are big enough. Munson #4 has bounced back in a serious way, we are going to have a old school kracken or two this crop can’t wait to see where all this change is taking us! our power bill is about to start getting smaller and smaller now we can start replacing HP’s lights w LEDs (all but one de HPS)

8 Likes

with each HP’s we switch out we can put up two 4x4 LEDs , making use of new spaces possible, we will soon light a testing/quarantine space and then the veg space which will finally allow for a secure breeding chamber, there’s a whole lot to juggle and consider in a set up like this and space and power supply are our roadblocks without question at 100 amp service and using so much 120v service we are always maxed out, we could sure do good to buy 240v fans and dehumidifiers and AC units

5 Likes

Ha Ha! Thats were I started. Told the wife we would save $$$$ by using lights with half the wattage. But it doesn’t work quite as much when you buy two lights for one. You do get more yield with more light but end up with the same electric bill. :sunglasses: :metal:

6 Likes