Houston grower journal White Runtz Grow

Well I have only had a couple that have done that. I just decide it was a genetic mutation and the bud smoked good when I harvested it. If more than one in a strain did it I would kind of be shy of buying more seeds from the breeder of the seeds.

2 Likes

Only thing I’m not liking is the bud size their smaller because that plant only started to produce flowers 4 weeks after the other two all the pants had the same nutes only difference is I put that one outside for 3weeks because I didn’t know if it was going to herm but it didn’t just just mutated it have more purple to it and loud smell @nacho151

2 Likes

3 Likes

@htowngrower here is an article on 3 leaf plants.

3 Likes

That’s just the way they are sometimes. I have one tha the pistols are starting to turn brown mostly, and another one that they are still completely white. Just different pheontypes in the same cultivar. One expresses more or less of one or more of the parent genes. Shorter/longer flower time and quicker or slower bud onset.

Marty

5 Likes

Yup, it’s a very basic principle that growers of ANY crop have to accept…you can NEVER OVERCOME genetic limitations/traits. In every commercial crop there is a litany of cultivars that just never performed…they were carefully developed and tested but when the got to the field just fell on their ass !!!

No matter the physiological excellence (nutrient, environment) the ‘firewall’ always has been and always will be GENETICS ! FWIW

4 Likes

That’s everything I experience with this plant it was a joy not knowing what to expect out of it

3 Likes

Your right i tired everything when I thought it was some wrong with it till I looked closer at them leaf’s

2 Likes

In the words of Tommy Chong, “All weed is good weed”,in my words “All weed is good weed unless it’s moldy” Lol!

3 Likes

You can still blast moldy weed with butane or CO2 for distillate or terp sauce. Cut it, freeze it, and pick out the bad. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve never had a problem with moldy weed so far, knock on wood! If I did I would destroy it.

5 Likes

I never kept any personally. It’s just something I know some commercial extractors do. They will buy cannabis in almost any quality.

3 Likes

I’m a week or two away from dry and cure any good methods last time my buds dried to fast and got airy @PreyBird1 @TheMadFlascher @nacho151 @happilyretired @fist-ninja @Slym3r @sssportsmfg
And I can I run my ac to keep the temp low in the closet by opening the door I have a dehumidifier I wanna slow dry to preserve trichomes

3 Likes

Well I don’t always have the option of a cool or warm place or a place that’s low humidity or high humidity. Especially my winter stuff. There is solutions that are relatively easy if you have a general idea of what’s gonna happen and have everything you need in place when the time comes. If it’s drying too fast and I need to slow it down usually I use a bucket with a fan and a towel. Hang the towel in the bucket fill the bucket with water for the fan blowing on it. Boom poor mans humidifier. It works good if you need more use a articulating fan two buckets and two towels.
Or if you know it’s gonna dry too fast you can do the cardboard box set up from the beginning and be ready for it, or if your plants just get a little bit too dry and you want them to slow down a little bit throw them in paper bags. And if you forget to check on them and they get completely toasted dry in two days you throw them in a barrel and seal it. Hopefully you have fairly large branches and just not small buds and when you seal it in the barrel the moisture will come out of the stems and rehydrate the flowers. And if your humidity is too high throw a dehumidifier in with it and or fans making a whole lot of air movement. :thinking:… that’s all I got.

6 Likes

The problem I’m having is my grow space is 4x4x8 when I ran the fan they dried fast I can get my Humidity on point I have a dehumidifier could I been Central AC down with no fans and just open the door?

3 Likes

I just told you how to do it. It’s all right there. Try cardboard boxes if you’re drying too fast. Smaller environment easier to control. You got this. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

If you’re extremely limited just do like @happilyretired recommended. Brown bags or cardboard boxes. Throw in a hygrometer and a boveda pack about half way through drying and you’ll be golden.

3 Likes

I personally like the integra packs. I dry my buds until there crispy outside and slightly soft still inside. I have been teaching my wife how to “feel” the buds to see if there ready to come off the stems and into jars. @htowngrower @happilyretired got you going in the right direction. The moisture packs bovida/intergras are 2-way and give moisture or take it away. So toss the right sized moisture pack into your jar. And just come check on it daily.

3 Likes

What makes you choose integra over boveda? Never tried them and I’m really curious. Do they last longer?

3 Likes

Well i love there monitoring card. I can see into the jar without opening up and instantly see if the humidity is needing any adjustment. And they seem to have the best flavor. Its harder to taste but take some bud and put some into a container with each type of moisture control pack brand.

3 Likes