Houston grower journal White Runtz Grow

I also like to use Cvaults and they have a nice little place built in to hold the packs in the lids.

4 Likes

Sounds way slicker than the Onyx cvaults I’m used to. Thanks for the info. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Pretty much what Hap said. I do it a little different, but I have that option, I don’t grow anywhere near as much, and it is much eaiser for me to do. When it’s harvest time I just cut em down and put them in my tent, set my AC Infinity fan controller to the humidity I want to keep the tent at and the fan does the rest. If I go a little too far I do just like Hap does, without the towel. I just put a couple of the saucers I use while growing in the tent with water in them and it rehumidifies them. Then put them in two gallon jars and put in Boveda packs and watch them with the little RH digital meters I got for each jar. Personally I think that 62% RH is too high, I like 58%. Don’t let the fan blow directly on the plants while drying. Just circulate the air in the enclosure so you don’t get mold, and change the air out too. Get the majority of the moisture out fairly quick so you don’t get mold then slow the process down.

Marty

1 Like

This year I didn’t use any moisture packs. I dried them down to about 55% maybe 50% put them in grove bags they came back up to between 58 and 64%. I left them in the bags for over a month after the moisture was stabilized and everything‘s been holding perfect sense. I also took some bags that were about gallon size and put my best flower from several plants and several of those bags and sealed them with the heat sealer. I haven’t opened them yet they’ve been closed since November. And I will let you guys know how they turned out when I decide to open them. But all the other stuff is holding moisture flavor everything beautifully with no moisture packs.

4 Likes

Yep and on that note…And I am sure everybody knows or has found out after not much trial and error…zip lock bags do NOT keep moisture in or out. Even the thicker freezer versions. I use Mylar film bags the thick ones those do keep moisture in, at least for a reasonable amount of time. And they are also like Hap said sealable, the flap is made to be heat sealed on the part past the zipper lock. Put perfect pot in a ziplock and throw it on the counter and in a month it will be crispy and dry as a bone. I get the 9 mil thick ones, you can get them pretty cheap on Amazon. That’s the same reason the food companies use Mylar film bags for chips and whatnot, they keep the moisture OUT.

Marty

3 Likes

@sssportsmfg @TheMadFlascher @PreyBird1 @Dog_Fart1 @happilyretired @nacho151 @Slym3r any of u guy tried the ice method ?

1 Like

Nope, not I. I’m a simple kinda guy, just the basics.

Marty

2 Likes

I tired it on my last plants I seen a lil different in trichomes production and Terpenes

2 Likes

I’ve tried almost all of them. Except 48 hours of dark. If you do side-by-side with or without you won’t see much difference if any in my experience anyways. If you don’t do a comparison with the same strain in the same gro you really have no idea if there’s any difference. The cannabis clubs are full of weed that is very top shelf, and none of the professional grow facilities that supply that huge volume of high quality flower put ice on their roots or do excessively long dark periods. There’s also extremely high-quality outdoor grown with giant plants and they do none of this stuff. So if you want to try all these things do it. I did…Nothing like firsthand experience. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

The only time I’ve tried ice is to try to bring out the purple color in GDP.

4 Likes

I’d pick a bud and try it, I bet it will rock your world, they are all looking cloudy to me, outta be a great uplifting high. About another week I would say for the 5-10% amber. Looking really really frosty ! Great job!

Marty

5 Likes

Have u tried 30-40% amber that’s what I was aiming for

1 Like

That’s too much of a put you too sleep stone for me, I sleep fine, I use mine for arthritis. Earlier is better for that. It’s all up to the user what they like or what works for them.

Marty

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m looking for a sleepy aid with a nice potent hight not to much Couch potato

2 Likes

Then don’t go 30-40% amber go 5-10%.

Marty

4 Likes

Okay thanks

2 Likes

So guys the shroom sprouts caught in the bottom of one of my pots

@nacho151 @PreyBird1 @happilyretired @TheMadFlascher @sssportsmfg @ultrapuff @Slym3r

5 Likes

LOL, we call that ‘double croppin!’
Personally, I stay away from them because I can’t tell the good ones from the bad ones !1
Kinda like sharks…I don’t eat them, they don’t eat me !!!

4 Likes