How many Veterans on the forum?

• to bad you can’'t smell it !!! WOW
1 Like

lil something i came across.

4 Likes

Does this piss off any other veterans?

(It’s not about politics, it’s about civility) (it’s a phone call for kids, with the President, how cool is that for kids you know)

6 Likes

US Navy. FMF Hospital Corpsman. 1976-1981.

MOS 8404

Okinawa Japan 7th Communications Battalion US Marines

10 Likes

@calipharms

Welcome back!

6 Likes

Much respect. I have love for all combat medics the most valuable man in the group besides comes and maybe the supply guys and cooks. Thank you for your service. I’m a fellow squid, navy expeditionary.

6 Likes

And sleepless nights

4 Likes

Can’t believe all the Veterans that have chimmed in - think this post will be active for quite some time (I sure hope so) Peace !!!

7 Likes

Getting out of Active Duty 08 Jan 2022. Camp Pendleton, CA.
US Marine. CPL / E-4
2018-2022 - MOS 3051
Truly want to be a part of this community. Just unsure what educational requirements are needed. I want to start college on Feb 14, 2022. Just not currently sure what educational requirements/majors are needed to become a cannabis grower.

8 Likes

SHORT! Welcome. Everything you want to know is here someplace.

4 Likes

Save all your medical paperwork and tell the Dr everything that is wrong with you!

99% confident that the military as an institution tells soldiers getting out to not say anything is wrong, and that’s bullshit. They tell you things like, it will take you longer to get out, or that you might ended up having to stay in longer, all kinds of bullshit. You will have a nightmare of a time trying to get the VA to approve claims and compensation if you don’t talk to your Dr while in service about any and all issues you may have.

You might not be physically hurt right now, or you might not think you are entitled to your benefits, or that your too tough… Those are all dumb reasons to not take advantage of your benefits. I just can not emphasize enough, save all your paperwork and be open to your Dr about everything while you are still in service.

7 Likes

Sounds like the voice of experience to me and I agree 100%. I should have gotten a hearing disability for working around turbine engines … but I was “fine” and ready to get out.

5 Likes

If I am not mistaken the most compensation you will ever receive for any level of hearing loss is 10%. The plus side to having the VA acknowledge your tinnitus is that you will be entitled to hearing aids and their batteries for life. They will also offer you a CBT course to help you with managing the mental state of tinnitus.

It’s the same CBT course as for depression and/or PTSD.

4 Likes

there are a few schools that offer cannabis certificates in all aspects of the cannabis indrustry - here is one that has been in usiness for about 5 years “Cannabis Training University” (thectu.com) - courses are a bit expensive BUT these certificate’s CAN help for employment. But one can learn alot from fourms like this one - ther are a few other very good fourms out there (PM me for a shprt list of) this site is very good full of experienced cultivators + their CannaCribs Podcasts are full of current information _ Hope this helps

3 Likes

You can - right now _ just apply for your hearing disability - I got my disability even tho it was many years since I served _ APPLY for your disability NOW - Yea! it will take some time (Yr +)

5 Likes

It will take some time for sure, but if you create a fully developed claim and use an organization such as AMVETS, you can usually see a decision in under 6 months, mostly due to doing the work for the VA.

I was fortunate enough to meet a rater in real life, it’s like meeting the DoD Chairman, and he confirmed for me that almost all decisions are matriculated by keywords from the doctor’s notes. When I learned that I asked him if we have the right to read the notes, which we do. Casually mentioning that you read notes or look at your record when at VA appointments surprisingly helps with more worthwhile doctor notes.

The whole situation is crooked to the side for sure. @Omar_Castro_2323 just make sure you talk to your Dr when out processing about every single little thing that is wrong with you, or that has happened since you have been in, everything!

3 Likes

you will get a 10% disability for (tinnitus - have to prove, service leated)) + Free medical the rest of you life know a few guy’ from vietnam that fired the big boys and got tinnitus - if you have a ruptured ears drums a surely positive out come is yours (sounds like

1 Like

If there are any veterans who are in need of help with figuring out how to file a claim for compensation from the VA, just DM me.

I don’t need to know your name or social, that is not relevant to instructions. I can help with just about any claim with the exception of dental.

Uncle Sam will not take care of a single veteran unless they ask for it, you served so ask for it!

7 Likes

Hi @Omar_Castro_2323

Welcome to GN, great to have you here and looking forward to seeing your progress in cannabis. you can start by registering for 4 free comprehensive cannabis courses at :

And you can go down the rabbit hole on here and see all the topics and posts about topics that interest you. If you have any questions, just ask, we are all here to help eachother.

5 Likes

Vietnam, 1968-1972, 4th 77th ARA, UH1H, AH-1G Cobra Armament E-5

10 Likes