I’m new to all of this

You need to wire nut and wrap those electric lines. Humidity can get anywhere.

1 Like

Thank you brother. I will get on that today anything else I might want to do?

2 Likes

So I would like to here some input on what size pot to use. My room is 3’11 x 3’11 then floor to light is 5’9. I also have that back area that about 3x3’11 but the top angles up starting at 3’6 I would like to maximize my grow area. I have pots that go up to 3 gallon. Also do I need to start in smaller pots and then transplant them. Or can I just plant in the pot I am going to finish in.

1 Like

I’d put a wall mounted fan in as high as u can. get it to move that heat out of there your in an attic so every bit of heat produced by or in the home is funneled through the attic space and through roof eves slowly

2 Likes

I run 7 gallon fabric in a 3x4

How many can you fit in there? @mouse935

Only 2 small space though

2 Likes

It’s usually best to start with smaller pots and then up pot when needed but each person likes their way

It’s easy to overwater a small plant in a large pot but if you’re careful it can work fine

Are you growing autos or photos? Some people don’t like repotting autos as it may add stress and slow growth a bit and you’re already on a schedule with autos

2 Likes

@lacombe82 keep up the great work and welcome to the community! :sunglasses:

Check out this recent interview for some grow advice.

Also for your small part, look for something that stays compact, the Dwarf Low Flyer plants I’m just about to harvest is said to stay under 18” I kept mine under 2 feet in a 5 gallon pot

2 Likes

No I don’t start in 7 gallon pots lol thats what I build to although I try to only transplant twice

2 Likes

Here we go. Let’s do it so the first thing I did was put them in water for 24 hours then they went into the paper towel for 24 hours so far. I’m going to get my soil in the pots tomorrow and mixed up well until these roots get a little bigger. I’m planning on using my special blend of soil. But here are a few photos so far.

5 Likes

Update day 4 two have popped one is almost popped and the other is not there yet. image image image image image image image
If you have any suggestions for me please let me know. I like learning new things.

1 Like

Love your solo cup plastic bottle greenhouse. Great way to recycle!!! @lacombe82

1 Like

@kkustom those are actually 4 in pots that I start all my lemon trees in. And the 2lt bottles but the solo cup and 20zo bottles could work I think. But thank you I try not to spend much on anything really I love to recycle anything I can. I am making a worm farm and gathering all the worms from my yard I can.

2 Likes

Looking good

Keep an eye on the last one there, make sure it sheds the shell alright, looks like it’s still on, might do it itself yet. If it doesn’t come off on its own you’ll have to get it off, just use some tweezers and be careful, try different angles

2 Likes

Also some cheap metal picks from harbor freight work well to remove shells. I have lost like 8 plants to shells not coming off withing 12 hours.

2 Likes

So @stevie and @PreyBird1 I did get the bean shell off. But while I was checking on the others I noticed that I had broken the top off the Pineapple upside down cake. Is there any chance it will continue to grow or should I just start a new one. I’m only at day 5 in this grow. Would it be to late to start another fem photo?

1 Like

No its dead chuck it. Damn I’ve done that also. I use fine tweezers to hold shell and the pick to pull the rest off.

2 Likes

Thi try s is where I wish there was a thumbs down button. Thank you for the response even though it is one I didn’t want to hear. Well I got some other stuff. Blue dream strawberry cough white widow a mixed pack. I have blue widow and harlequin coming. I think I want to save the blue dream to cross with the harlequin. I am also looking to cross critical mass with ac/dc. And then cross the two crosses. @preybird1

1 Like