I need to lean on the group - healing with Cannabis

My Lovely Bride was seriously injured in a a car crash. I lost control in a sudden blizzard and hit a tree. She has a Closed C2 fracture but no nerve damage so far. She will be fine eventually but it will take a while.

I grow weed for sport and recreation but I know there are some serious healers on this forum and I’d like to hear from someone who really knows their stuff about how to use cannabis to promote her recovery from fractures and general trauma both physical and spiritual. Not looking for a handout but Thanks in advance if you were about to offer. I don’t trust the kid down at the CBD store to A) really know their stuff and B) have high quality products.

You can direct message me if you don’t want to reply on the open forum but I am good with either way.

Again I don’t mean to be ungrateful but I am looking to be pointed in the right direction by someone with 1st hand knowledge/experience not “my brother’s wife’s sister’s mom cured her club foot using ACME Super Duper CDB injections”.

Thanks is advance!
MW

9 Likes

@Tygrow78 and @bobette do some awesome work

6 Likes

Man that’s horrible and so sorry to hear, I hope she heals up dandy like quick. Sending you good vibes and healthy mojo my fellow grower. Hopefully in the not to distant Future this will just be a “lucky to be alive” car accident story. I had no intentions of spewing pot knowledge just wanted to wish you both a speedy recovery. I will say factually that Northern Lights is a great sleep aid smoke though.

7 Likes

Hi @mrwonderful

Welcome to GN and so sorry to hear about your Queen but glad you can help her with cannabis. I have been working with a “patient” for a couple years with a an old back injury, including nerve damage. I am not sure the exact disks but he was almost paralyzed a couple years ago.

We have gone through everything since then to find something that helps him sleep at night, reduce spasms and the pain he is suffering. I am glad to say we have found something for him to live a more normal life and he even swims now!! For us it was also based on price, and we went through alot with a couple laughs, he once ate a lavender, beeswax, coconut and cannabis topical balm!!

But back to point, we eventually found a nice balance to help him. Eventhough he has given up smoking cigarettes, he still smokes a joint for short term relief of pain, and we make a coconut/cannabis infusion that he eats at night an hour before he goes to bed. This gives him the hours he needs for a decent 5/6 hour sleep.

These are all high THC treatments as CBD never worked for him. He now grows his own and makes his own "medicine’, and a fully active person. Sorry that is just my experience and we did try a combination of CBD products.

4 Likes

Let me first say how sorry we all are that you and your wife were injured.
Let me throw out the disclaimer that I am not a MD.
I have been a back surgery candidate for about 10 years.
I have L3 and L5 issues along with Neuropathy. I was the second one in my county to get a Medical Card 4 years ago when the card had to be approved by your personal physician.
I was on Oxy, Tramidal, synthetic morphine, Then depression set in, and they gave me anti depressants. It was a horrible carousel of pills.
Today, I still need surgeries, and will set them in the next couple years when I get closer to retirement. However, I am 54 years old, and on ZERO pills.
My pain relief and my depression have been replaced with Medical Marijuana.
I use tinctures, RSO’s , dry herb vape, edibles.
There are a number of us here that are in the same boat, but many strains affect us differently.
I am still learning to this day what works, but I am thankful that everything is grown by me.
Even my anti Marijuana family members look at MM very differently now.
There are so many Strains that your wife can use. However what may work for us, may not work for her, and vice versa.
It is a learn as I grow process.
If there is anything I can help with, feel free to DM me.
Prayers of comfort for you both!

4 Likes

Thanks @LoCoRocK This is already a very lucky situation. So close to a real life altering tragedy but we will have a happy ending for sure! Just kind of a road to get there.

3 Likes

Thanks @chrisj, pretty remarkable results. I may DM you about your coconut infusion.

2 Likes

I do wish you both the best of luck though. Don’t forget to come back to this thread and list results…maybe help some others with solid leads on a good pain management strain.

2 Likes

someone get this man some rso!!!

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be the first person I sent RSO too… LoL altho they say it’s made without too much fuss.

2 Likes

Benefits of Rick Simpson Oil)

1. Relief of chronic and excruciating pain
  2. Improves lung capacity
  3. Help lose weight
  4. Regulate and prevent diabetes
  5. It helps Fights cancer
  6. Helps treat depression
  7. autism treatment
  8. Mend bones
  9. Treatment for serious issues like glaucoma
  10. Alleviate anxiety
  11. Alzheimer’s disease
  12. Deal with pain linked to arthritis
  13. Helps offer relief to individuals with multiple sclerosis
  14. Reduces side effects linked to hepatitis C and upsurge the effectiveness of treatment
  15. Treats inflammatory bowel diseases
  16. Helps with tremors associated with Parkinson’s disease
  17. Helps deal with alcoholism

What is RSO?

Rick Simpson oil is a highly concentrated cannabis extract containing high levels of THC. It is extremely powerful and actually made from an Indica strain with very numbing and sedative effects.

It is very rich in numerous cannabinoids, but as compared to other cannabis oils, RSO comprises very high amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, and lower lower amounts of cannabidiol, or CBD. Because of this reason, it is remarkably psychoactive, so it will make you very, very high and possibly drugged.

Relief of chronic and excruciating pain

There are hundreds of chemical compounds in RSO, Cannabinoids have been linked to providing relief of chronic pain due to their chemical makeup and high levels of THC which are known to treat even the worst, most enduring and prolonged types of pain. Which is why RSO is commonly used for chronic pain relief and easing it.

Improves lung capacity

Unlike smoking tobacco, when smoking RSO in the form of cannabis your lungs aren’t damaged. In actual fact, a research found that RSO truly helps upsurge the capacity of the lungs than cause any damage to it.

Help lose weight

If you look through, you will notice that the avid RSO user is usually never overweight and heavy. That is for the reason that cannabis is linked to helping your body in regulating insulin also with managing caloric intake proficiently.

Regulate and prevent diabetes

With its effect on insulin, it only makes perfect sense that cannabis can help normalize and even avoid diabetes. Studies and researches which were made by the American Alliance for Medical Cannabis (AAMC) have linked cannabis to stabilize blood sugars, lower blood pressure, and progress blood regulation.

It helps Fights cancer

One of the most renowned and one of the major medical benefits of cannabis is its link to fighting cancer. Many people come across its potential benefits when at first, they want to cure cancer. There is a good amount of proof that demonstrates cannabinoids can help fight cancer and eases pain.

Helps treat depression

Another major benefit of RSO is that it is known to treat depression. Depression is fairly common without most people even knowing they are actually going through it. The cannabinoid compounds in RSO can help in stabilizing moods and have numbing characteristics which can ease and help treat depression.

Shows promise in autism treatment

RSO is well known to calm users down and control their mood and regulate their mood swings. It can aid children with autism that experience recurrent violent mood swings and can help control it.

Mend bones

Cannabidiol has been linked to help heal and treat cracked bones, rushing the process. According to other studies, it also helps toughen the bone in the course of healing. This makes it harder for the bone to break in the future and cause any other damage related to it.

Treatment for serious issues like glaucoma

Glaucoma leads to added pressure on the eyes and the eyeball which is painful for individuals going through with the disorder. RSO can help lessen the pressure applied on the eyeball providing some kind of temporary relief to individuals suffering from glaucoma.

Alleviate anxiety

If used in small doses, RSO contains predominant anxiolytic properties.

It can get rid of anxiety considerably if used moderately. Yet, according to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, THC can in fact cause anxiety if consumed in extremely large amounts, which may even lead to paranoia in those who have consumed too much.

It is therefore concentrated and advised to go slowly.

Slow development of Alzheimer’s disease

Alzheimer’s disease is one of the diseases that is caused by cognitive degeneration. As we grow older and age, cognitive degeneration is almost inescapable. RSO endocannabinoid contains anti-inflammatories that combat the brain inflammation that is caused by and leads to Alzheimer’s disease.

Deal with pain linked to arthritis

Cannabis is now normally found as creams and balms which are used by persons that have arthritis. Equally THC and Cannabis help sufferers deal with the agony and pain.

Helps offer relief to individuals with multiple sclerosis

Multiple sclerosis can be painful and crucial, and RSO is renowned to provide relief for it. Multiple sclerosis leads to painful muscle contractions and cannabis can help alleviate that pain.

Reduces side effects linked to hepatitis C and upsurge the effectiveness of treatment

The treatment for hepatitis C has various side effects that comprises vomiting, fatigue, depression, and severe muscle aches. These can last for a long time period for some hepatitis C sufferers. RSO can help lessen the side effects caused by the treatment while making it more operative along with it.

Treats inflammatory bowel diseases

People with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis can find some pain relief with the use of cannabis. THC and cannabidiol are recognized and renowned to assist improve immune response whereas they also interact with cells that play a dynamic role in the effectiveness of the gut. RSO helps battles and block off bacteria and other compounds that cause inflammation in the intestines and other places.

Helps with tremors associated with Parkinson’s disease

For those suffering from Parkinson’s disease, cannabis can help decrease tremors and pain while also helps in problems associated with sleep. It has also been exposed and revealed to improve motor skills in sufferers.

Helps deal with alcoholism

Another one of the many health benefits of RSO is that it can undoubtedly be said that cannabis is much more harmless than the usage of alcohol. While it is also not known to be 100% risk-free, it can be a much smarter way to control alcoholism by replacing it with RSO.

6 Likes

@mrwonderful
RSO is the strongest-purest form. You’ll want the strong stuff to make topicals & edibles @bobette :innocent: knows her stuff!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it might take her a bit to catch up with the message BUT she’ll be back :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you @Slym3r!
I also sent him a link in DM.
Sounds like he is doing his homework.

1 Like

Great info on rso @Slym3r. I would suggest starting with rso @mrwonderful. Preferably a strain that was 1:1 thc/cbd. If you have any specific questions about the rso process just let me know.
:v:

2 Likes

@mrwonderful yes to what they all are saying.
RSO is the way to get it into her system.

5 back surgeries, 9 fused disc’s, cervical and lumbar. I was on some awful strong meds for years. Made me very ill. Off everything now and just use cannibas, in all forms. Lotion, edibles, hash, bud…
I also have many people that come to me with cancer, MS, skin issues, pain, seizures…
Lots of info on dosing , but everyone is different. What works for some may not work for others. Do your research. If you have any questions DM me.

3 Likes

Great article @Slym3r

1 Like

Thank you all so much! I am humbled by the outpouring of love, support and information. RSO sounds like the real deal. Ya’ll are giving us a huge educational jump start and I appreciate it.

My wife is resting uncomfortably in her immobilizing neck brace. Her pain at this point is mostly the constant achy bone mending variety except when she gets muscle spasms in her neck. Those got pretty intense for a few days. We have prescription drugs (which for the first few days were a god-send) but she doesn’t like taking them and the side effects are nasty. We even got to experience some auditory hallucinations. She was sure there were people in the house and an animal rummaging around in the closet.

BUT our most probable outcome is very bright! I told MLB about this thread and all the help and well wishing. That alone has lifted her spirits and she asked me to thank all of you.

7 Likes

That is very moving @mrwonderful !! How very sweet of her especially considering the pain she is in & what she’s going through. Everyone likes to be appreciated and that is heart felt, honestly. I wish you both nothing but the best but I do need to ask 1 question. Are you currently growing anything now or were in the middle of anything now that your time is drastically more valuable having to help the misses and what not?

2 Likes

I have 2 Harlequins, 2 Cheese Quakes and 1 Sleeping Beauties I am about to flip. I had to removed 1 nice Sleeping Beauty this morning because it hermied. I was distracted and missed a watering cycle and nearly lost them all. Ironically I was in the final stages of setting up and testing my automated watering system when this all happened. I will finish it today. So in 6 to 8 weeks I will have some product to work with.

3 Likes

Things get a little better each day. Her spirits have improved and pain is a little better. I got her some 1:1 tincture yesterday to help until we get on RSO.

My current plan is to get MLB a Colorado “Red Card” and try my hand at making RSO. It seems for every ad for online RSO there were as many warnings and advice to make your own. So that is where we are headed.

I’ll let you know how it comes out. Thanks again.

3 Likes