Inkfromblood's grow #1

Day 96 - July 14, 2021
Day 33 from flip

Fed All
EC1050, pH5.8

What I’m observing is kind of interesting. Things feel slow now, but perhaps thats just because there is less vegatative growth. But, I notice the tricome production on the smaller 1 gallon plants seems more pronounced, even though the larger 5 gallon plants are developing more robust buds. Like, even the stems of the large fan leaves are covered in frosting! But almost everything looks like popcorn thus far.

1 Gallons

5 Gallons

Also, not to be cocky, but when I look at the photos of those 5 gallons pots, I am feeling PROUD.
They aren’t perfect, but they look like photos of other awesome grows I’ve seen when learning. And for a long while now, I’ve really felt like I haven’t had to do much at all beyond watering, and even that has been every other day.

7 Likes

Like your grow. Very detailed.Thanks from AUS.

2 Likes

Glad you enjoy it! Making it for my own education, but I’m glad it might be helping others as well!

2 Likes

Day 98 - July 16, 2021
Day 35 from flip

Fed All
EC1050, pH5.9

I know I said I wouldn’t touch again, but…might do another trim of the fan leaves this weekend. Things feel a little tight.

1 Gallons:

5 Gallons - when I open this tent, my god the odor is heavenly.

5 Likes

Day 100 - July 18, 2021
Day 37 from flip

Fed All
EC1000, pH6.1

Transitioned the feed formula to the “Late Bloom” from Coco for Cannabis schedule.
Hope that will boost the bud growth on the 1 gallon plants.
But one thing I noticed as I did some light trimming was that its mainly the GSCs that are not growing dense buds, where the Snow White plant is looking very nice in terms of bud density. So I’ll keep that in mind for the future.

1 Gallons

5 Gallons

3 Likes

Day 102 - July 20, 2021
Day 39 from flip

Fed All
EC1000, pH6.2

1 gallons

5 Gallons

5 Likes

Day 104 - July 22, 2021
Day 41 from flip

Fed All
EC1000, pH6.0

No major updates, just more of the same.
Unless someone says otherwise, I’m going to introduce another additive to my feed - Kool Bloom.
I noticed that it starts being used in the current CC4C schedule, and I did not have it. I don’t think the 5 gallon Gorilla Glue or GSC needs it, but I’d like to see if it makes a difference in the smaller, 1 gallons GSCs.

1 gallons

5 Gallons

4 Likes

Day 106 - July 24, 2021
Day 43 from flip

Fed All
EC1000, pH6.3

Added some Kool Bloom to the mix…hope that enhances some bud growth on the smaller plants.
Got a hand-held microscope coming in today, so I’ll be able log some photos of trichomes hopefully.

Thinking about future grows after this one.
I’ve got several options to choose from:

1. I’ve got some GSC clones I made, that I’m kinda just fuckin around with. I’ve got about 4 that I’m training in a spiral shape, for whatever reason. and another 4 that I jus topped. They aren’t in a tent at the moment, so they’re healthy but not in the best environment.

2. I’ve got some AK-47 femm’d autoflower seeds. Would be interesting to try those out. See what happens.

3. A buddy of mine actually found a seed in a recent batch from a dispensary, and its one of their top shelf strains. I’m kinda curious what a single grow might be like. It’d be a fun opportunity to really push the training and get one plant to fill out the 2x4 tent. If I went that route, I might actually also set myself up for a perpetual grow.

When I think about perpetual grows and cloning, it makes me want to get a third tent…

well, here’s the photos!

1 Gallons

5 Gallons

6 Likes

First trichome pic.

4 Likes

Day 108 - July 24, 2021
Day 45 from flip

Fed All
EC1050, pH6.2

1 Gallons

5 Gallons

6 Likes

Day 114 - July 30, 2021
Day 51 from flip

Fed All
EC1050, pH6.2

Missed an update, but thats fine. Everything is kind of looking the same at this point. Just getting slightly plumper and ripening.

Also, just to compare I looked at tricomes by putting a crappy jeweler’s loupe to my phone and the images come out way better. Photographically, but that crappy 20 dollar USB microscope lets me see more things in focus.

1 Gallons - mostly gonna be popcorn buds.

5 Gallons - can’t wait to see how much I harvest. My goal with this grow was “It’d be nice to get an ounce.” I think I’m going to exceed that…

First signs of amber, or could be the lighting…

4 Likes

Day 116 - August 1, 2021
Day 53 from flip

Fed All
EC1050, pH6.2

just some tricome pics today. Oddly, things don’t look super cloudy, but I’m seeing some amber here and there too…

4 Likes

Day 118 - August 3, 2021
Day 55 from flip

Fed All
EC1050, pH5.9

Not too much growth, BUT unfortunately my Gorilla Glue is foxtailing. Some colas definitely getting too close to the light, so I kicked the intensity down to about 60% see if that at least slows that down.

1 Gallons - seem to be bulking a little

5 Gallons

Foxtailing :frowning:

Random tricome pics (Lost track of which plants they’re from :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Day 124 - August 9, 2021
Day 61 from flip

Fed All
EC1050, pH6.2

SO CLOSE TO FINISHING THIS GROW!!!
Starting to see more Amber popping up.
So I think my plan is to go to darkness on Friday after one final watering.
Then start cutting and hanging on Sunday!

1 Gallons

5 Gallons

4 Likes

Day 128 - August 13, 2021
Day 65 from flip

The End begins!
Last watering was just Ph’D water, as well as this morning.
As of today, the lovely ladies are going into darkness.

As of 6pm thursday, until Saturday morning, when I plan to do the cutting and hanging.

VERY Excited.

4 Likes

Day 129 - August 14, 2021
Day 66 from flip

Harvest day.
Went to the local New England Hydroponics shop, and picked up a couple of those wire drying hanger things. Worked great and probably saved me a ton of time an effort.

One thing I noticed. All the GSC had droopy branches, really using the trellis and walls to stay up as they grew. Lots of flopping over when I pulled them out. BUT the Snow White was firm all over and everything was up. Wondering if its a strain thing, or my feeding, or what.

ANyhow, here’s how things look. Zero clue how much this is gonna yield me. But I’d be open to guess if people have any!

(thumbs up for scale)
From the 1 gallons - GSC on the left, Snow White on the right

From the 5 gallons - Gorilla Glue on the left, GSC on the right (notice the height differencce)

5 Likes

I’ll be over shortly… :joy:

4 Likes

that’s lookin mighty nice

2 Likes

Day 134 - August 19, 2021

Nothing much to update just noting state of tents.

Lights off of course.
small 6" inch clip on fans are off.
Small oscillating towers are on, and reduced speed to 1.
Main exhaust fans are on.
Ensured that everything hung does not have direct air on it.

Tents maintaining ROH of 57% Perhaps a little low, but not too bad.

4 Likes

Day 144 - August 29, 2021

This will be the last update for this grow journal!

Harvested, trimmed and weighed.
Here is my output:

1 Gallon Snow White - 20.66g / .73oz
1 Gallon GSCs (Three total plants) - 55.3g / 1.95oz
5 gallon GSC - 75.2g / 2.65oz
5 gallon Gorilla Glue - 158.46g / 5.61oz

So my total take: 10.94 oz.

That FAR exceeds what I hoped for.
I can’t believe I got 5.6 oz off ONE plant.

I learned a LOT - especially thanks to the community here.
I hope my curing process goes well.

7 Likes