Introduce Yourself to Growers Network!

Yessir

I usually grow two indoor plants at a time.

I got broke into and robbed last year and even though I have completely rebuilt everything and I have two tents, only one tent has a plant in it right now

I’ll harvest this gal in two weeks then get both tents up and going

Since being broke into I just finished my last big DIY project to the room by sealing it off.

I had to do some AC work after I did that but I put together a small journal here on that project

4 Likes

First thing I was taught don’t let anyone know you grow.

5 Likes

Ya don’t tell anyone. Lucky me the person who did it is now sitting in prison for the next 6 years :blush:

6 Likes

Hey everyone!

Thanks for letting me be a part of the community!! I am @sdgreene and I’ve been growing for about 3-4 years. I mostly focus on autoflowers, but love growing any kin d of cannabis. I am also an amateur herbalist about to start a degree so I work all sorts of healing and restorative plants as well as cannabis .I love helping people learn how to grow and heal from the plant and have been an active member of another forum for a few years now. My buddy @macgyver_stoner toked me about this place and I am stoked to be here!

shout out to @Growernick for setting this up, the place looks dope

also, hey @tdubwilly and Cheryl…(cant find your user name.) good to see you both!

Current strains going:

x1 Cindyxxx
x2 White Widow auto
x1 northern lights auto
x1 xskittlez auto

Here is a pic of my last blueberry auto plant… she is in soil and a 5 gallon pot…gave me somewhere around 4.5 -5 oz :slight_smile:

Now lets grow some herb.

7 Likes

Cheers to that! Welcome to the community, @sdgreene :evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello to all, I am Joeyt67, and grateful to be a part of this community. After 40 years of hiding and persecution I finally feel like I have been set free to grow our gift from God, cannabis. Now primarily a personal grow for myself and my family.

After several years of testing I feel I have come up with a viable plan to grow some of best quality cannabis available to those only on the west coast, here in Michigan. Currently testing a full run of 10 Northern Light Auto/Feminized, and 1 Grape Ape Feminized. So far with complete success in stretching the veg time, with out stressing the autos into bud. 59 days so far with 18 days left to go before plants will be placed outdoors to receive a natural 12/12, 61 day bud cycle.

I like to call this process, “SLOWN GROWN”, quality from seed to flower. The combination of controlled interior vegetation growth and outdoor 12/12 naturally through our summer here in Michigan, mimmicks a natural west coast growth cycle. Definitely showing some promising results so far, and I will post future updates. Thank you again for a “Hobbiest” Membership, I am definitely proud to be member. Joeyt67

8 Likes

What’s up @joeyt67 and @sdgreene, great to have you guys here

6 Likes

Thank God for you guys, man such a breath of fresh air… thank you again. @joeyt67

6 Likes

Welcome to our community, @joeyt67! We are all here to help you be a successful grower :evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Thank you. This is my first official grow. I cant wait for my state to make cannabis recreationally available to me. They say it will be available by the second quarter of 2020. That timeline to me is ridiculous. So We will do for ourselves.

4 Likes

How long you been growing @joeyt67

I see you said you’ve been working several years on it

3 Likes

Lol your not alone in your wait. I’m sure I’ll be waiting longer than you. I’m in Texas

4 Likes

First time germinating seeds was at the age of 13 in my bedroom window, which my dad found and I got in trouble for…lol I just turned 52.

5 Likes

…Lol…

Ya I had some guerilla grows in the 2000s that were not very successful

5 Likes

Just glad to be here and now…

5 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Al (or Bog/Bogleg). I am a hobby grower in MA. I started growing when they legalized recreational cannabis in my state.

Right now, I am growing in a combined 40 square feet using a variety of methods.

First, I maintain a 4x4 “veg” tent for housing moms. This tent is lit by QB-like PCBs (four of them at 60w each) in a 4k spectrum. I keep moms in cloth pots with a coco/perlite mix (70/30ish).

In addition to that, I maintain a pair of 2x2 spaces (one an actual grow tent, one manufactured from an old soft-sided dog crate). I use the 2x2 grow tent for a breeding tent, and the dog crate for a seedling/cloning enclosure. I run a DIY 17-spot cloner under a 125w CFL (6500K spectrum).

And lastly, I am running a 4x4 tent for flowering with a 3x3 ebb and flow tray and 40 gallon reservoir. My flower tent is lit by DIY COB rails using Citizens CLU048-1212 COBs, five per rail, running at 40w each for a total of 600w in a 90cri 3k spectrum.

The grow above was harvested last week. I’ve only been doing ebb and flow for two grows now - prior to that it was all DWC indoors. I do grow outside as well, but I don’t factor the outdoor plants into my growing schedule. I just do it outside for a little more fun. I guess kind of like having sex outside. :wink:

Right now I am through a first generation pheno hunting exercise on seeds from an Alien Fruit Cake (Northcoast Genetix) x Cinderella 99 (Brothers Grimm) cross (I’m calling it “Dejah” for convenience). This last grow I started with 14 plants from seed. After culling males and a couple of weaker looking plants, I ended up flowering out 7 plants. I selected three of them and bred them with a “Dejah” male from the same seed batch - those plants are nearly done so I should be collecting seeds from them soon.

In the mean time, I have taken a bunch of clones from one of those same “Dejah” moms and have them in the cloner now. Assuming the cloning goes as planned, I should be starting up another flower run here in a couple of weeks with 16 plants in the 4x4. I made a cheapo lid for my tray and hung 16 4" net pots off of it in hydroton.

Up until the conclusion of this past grow, I had been using GH Flora nutes in a Lucas Formula schedule with calmag and silica supplements. I normally add a PK booster after the transition period in flower. I just recently switched to Jacks 3-2-1 (JR Peters) and have been feeding my moms now for a week with the Jacks 3-2-1 schedule.

In addition to the growing, I also own a Source Turbo for QWET and a 10 ton press with 4x7 heated plates for solventless extraction. I have been on a quest to make my own e-juice for the past couple of years and am finally getting close to something I like.

Future plans for me include a basement build out (all my tents are in my unfinished basement) for a more controlled environment/grow space.

I currently work in the software industry as a pre-sales consultant, but like most hobby growers, I suppose, have a dream to somehow transition into the cannabis industry - ideally as an extractor and maker of concentrates.

Happy to be here!

13 Likes

Hi all…my name is Ralph, kabongster, kabongzilla, el_kabong…I’ve grown marijuana seriously the last 4 - 6 years, for myself, a few plants at a time…before that I tried growing outdoors in our back yard 20 years ago but it was too great a challenge keeping it secret from people…I agree, rule number one, don’t tell anyone you are growing.

my state is talking about legalizing the devil weed…somehow I’m sure the politicians will screw it up, some have already expressed no interest in allowing personal growing.

I like outdoor gardening but the last few years our region has experienced severe outbreaks of gypsy moths and their caterpillar stage killed a bunch of my oak trees and ruined going out in the yard, unless you liked the by product of all those eaten leaves falling on your head.

9 Likes

Great news! I didn’t realize that person got caught! Yay!:clap:

Hi there, looks like I was over on the professional side for awhile, lol

Haven’t looked around this side yet, but the professional side is definitely…

…cheering them on, guess that’s why I’m called “pom” a lot. Like @sdgreene, @el_kabong, @tdubwilly, @Bogleg and @dbrn32, I was made aware of this place from my friend @macgyver_stoner. I look forward to making some new friends around here! :hugs:

8 Likes

whats up to all my lab ppl @el_kabong @tdubwilly @pomeroymc @Bogleg @dbrn32 @macgyver_stoner

9 Likes

Good morning, how are you?

7 Likes