Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the community, @ben_spectrah! Are your lights available in the States?

2 Likes

Hey @jeffcampbell welcome to GN! After 18 years of industry experience, what makes you still passionate about cannabis? What makes your lights stand out against the ever-widening pack of LED manufacturers?

1 Like

Thanks @Growernick! Our lights are available for world-wide shipping, however we are looking for local partners in the States who understand the key benefits of LED growing to help represent us!
:sunglasses: :leaves:

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
I am Paul Herment, a 22 years old french horticultural engineer, passionated by therapeutical plants. I represent Richel Group here, which is a greenhouse builder compagny, leader of plastic greenhouses all around the world. My presence here is not to sell you some of our products, not of all. I work at Richel to develop our knowledge about cannabis cultivation in order to be able to give to our cannabis grower clients, the best technical proposals. I am not from the commercial world. I study plants for many years, and I want to know everything about plants growing, especially cannabis cultivation.
See you on GNET!

6 Likes

Greetings all! super excited to be a part of this forum!

I’m in New Zealand and have just created a cannabis farm called Kohatu Cannabis Farm.

Kohatu is a Maori word - ( the indigenous peoples of New Zealand or Aoe Tea Roa) and means stone.

we are still dealing with the hassles of prohibition here currently but very shorty this should be ending as we wait for the government to roll out the new regulations around growing medical cannabis.

I myself have been growing for a number a year from a young age and I’m dedicated to growing the best marijuana possible!.

my business partner and I are coming over to the west coast in July for an R & D tip and can’t wait to be getting involved with the industry and the great people that make it!

A huge pleasure to be here and I look forward to connecting with like-minded folks…

Peace

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, @Russell! Good luck on the new license! How do you feel medical cannabis can impact social equity in Zimbabwe?

2 Likes

Hey there, @richelgroup! We are all passionate about cannabis here and our community is committed to nurturing your cultivation abilities and skills. What makes Richel the leader of plastic greenhouses?

2 Likes

I am so glad to be here so. We are the leader of the plastic greenhouse because of our expertise (we are designing greenhouse and equipment for more than 50 years), our customer contact and our flexibility. At the moment 90% of our projects are concerned by vegetables cultivation (especially tomatoes and strawberries), and we know the technical settings of these kind of productions. In that way we can accompany our clients for their project and answer problems quickly, whatever the location.
For cannabis, this is different. The production process is not normalized unlike tomato or strawberry. Every growers want to produce in its own way. It is quite difficult to build a model of a cannabis cultivation under greenhouse right now… but this is my mission. Actually I am in apprenticeship. So I need to complete this mission to graduate!

4 Likes

Many thanks Nick. I am excited to be here.

I believe that currently the entry point for the average Zimbabwe is not attainable. The ceiling for entry has been set too high. (Licensing fees and establishment costs are prohibitive.) With this in mind however I believe that industry leaders who enter successfully into the Zimbabwean space will have an opportunity to establish and help with initial funding to educate less fortunate communities via corporate responsibility projects. This will hopefully ‘sow the seeds’ for further roll on corporate responsibility projects.

Africa is where some of the hugest levels of poverty exist. I believe the climatic conditions prevalent here will allow for very low cost production of some very lucrative crop. If production and processing are completed in Africa the poverty alleviation effects could be dramatic.

3 Likes

Welcome to GNET, @kohatugreen! It’s exciting to see all the new development happening in Australia and New Zealand! When do you plan on coming stateside for your trip? Perhaps we can put you in touch with some folks here who can help you make the most of your research! That’s one of the things this community is great for: giving back! What are you most hoping to learn on your visit and from us here at GN?

3 Likes

We have seen similar cost issues plaguing licensing processes here in the U.S. as well. The cost of entry is too high for many people from disadvantaged backgrounds to break into the cannabis industry and big businesses swoop in and scoop up all the licenses. Here in AZ the average cost of attaining an existing license is in the range of $9 million USD! Crazy!

How do you hope to help overcome this social inequity in Zimbabwe?

2 Likes

There are not enough emojis to adequately respond to a license cost of 9M. That is ridiculous!

The majority of the population in Zimbabwe is rural. The average earning per rural household is just above the poverty datum line. That basically means most of the rural folk are unable to accomplish a better quality of life without some form of direction and assistance. Once our company has turned profit, a percentage of all profit is budgeted for social responsibility projects that will include industry education (such as growing, selling paths and more) to help bring these communities into the industry and hopefully alleviate poverty levels by introducing self sufficiency.

3 Likes

Welcome @kohatugreen!

I’m on the left coast in Los Angeles. Please let me know before your visit and I’ll see what I can do to arrange meetings with cultivators and dispensary owners. Also, will be happy to discuss the top-feed recirculating method of nutrient delivery and its benefits.

4 Likes

Hi all! I’m Eric, with High Caliper Growing, but you probably know our product as, Smart Pots! We invented the fabric growing container. Everything else is a knockoff. We have been doing a lot of custom raised bed liners, tray liners and commercial orders lately, but we are still loved by the home/ hobby grower who wants the largest yields possible. Smart Pots provides maximum oxygen to the root zone, prevents root circling, and makes over-watering your plants less of an issue. Please hit me up if we can help your personal, or commercial growing operation. I’m happy to answer any questions on root development or plant science in general. Looking forward to networking with you!!!

Eric O.

7 Likes

Greetings GNet my name is Kirk Miller, and I am the practice leader at Emergent Risk.

Emergent is a Commercial Insurance, Risk Management, and Employee Benefits firm focused exclusively on the Cannabis Industry. We work with Cultivators, Manufactures, Distributors, Retailers, and Investors. Our offices are located in San Francisco and Walnut Creek CA.

As the cannabis practice leader, I collaborate with a team of subject matter experts and industry professionals who are passionate, talented and kind, for the sole purpose of delivering the best possible coverage options, experience, and service! We take the time to learn about each of our client’s needs so that we can add value beyond the insurance transaction.

I live in Alameda with my wife and daughter. I’ve been involved in the cannabis space for over ten years, recently went back to school and earned my MBA in social responsibility and sustainability.

Excited to be part of this community. Do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of service. https://emergentrisk.com/

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, @emergentrisk! I loved your scene in Canna Cribs. It really sounds like you go to bat for your clients! How did cannabis find you?

2 Likes

Hello, @Growernick I appreciate the warm welcome and kind words regarding Canna Cribs E6. We are always looking for opportunities to be of service.

Living in the San Francisco Bay area for over twenty years has provided me with many opportunities in The Cannabis Space. I first started working with some Prop 215 growers in Trinity and Mendocino. After Grad School I took some classes at Oaksterdam and then once Prop 64 passed in CA, I started doing some compliance consulting for cultivators and then was recruited to lead Emergent. https://emergentrisk.com/

4 Likes

Hi All,

My name is Jessie Boekelder.
I’m the irrigation supervisor at a Canadian Licensed Producer called Zenabis. We supply both the medical and recreational market here in Canada with our products on the shelves of most provinces and territories. We have a couple facilities across the country and I am currently located at one of our largest ones in New Brunswick.
My passion for growing and understanding these beautiful plants runs deep. Aside from growing cannabis, I also really enjoy nature, music, and anything that helps me broaden my knowledge base.

I look forward to meeting and connecting with many people on this site and I’m always open to discussing topics of any sort.

Cheers,
Jess

6 Likes

Welcome to the community, @Jess! How did you become the irrigation supervisor at such a big facility?

2 Likes

Thank you, @Growernick.
I was into gardening when I was younger. As I grew older, I began to form quite a passion for cannabis. This passion, coupled with the fact that an LP opened up 15 minutes away from my town, caused me to enroll in some cannabis cultivation courses. I applied and got the job at Zenabis, quickly moved up in the ladder of authority, and now I’m the irrigation supervisor and loving it!

Thanks for the warm welcome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes