Introduce yourself!

My name is Jean-Sebastien Gros, Managing Director of Marineland Aquaponics and Marineland Botanicals in East Palatka, FL. Marineland Aquaponics is a RAS food production project that combines the best aspects of aquaculture and hydroponics to create a living ecosystem for sustainable agriculture. Cultivating shrimp, fish and plants in a closed loop re-circulating system, fish waste is converted to plant food using natural bacterial cycles. Organic Aquaponics seeks to utilize cutting-edge techniques to grow organic vegetables for our community, educate others about aquaponics potential, and demonstrate the sustainable nature of aquaponics food production.

We are very involved in Florida government affairs and leading agriculture interests in passage of Hemp legislation in Florida. We anticipate a bill on Governor’s desk by May and licenses in early August.

Seeking seeds / clones for mother plants suitable for latitude 29 propagation year round. Certified seeds from Chile, Australia, India or Nepal of particular interest. We have CEA greenhouses for CBD specific cultivars and large outdoor acreage for fiber. Any guidance in identifying suitable genetics greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Hi Jess,
Welcome to GN!
Can you tell us more about the irrigation methodology at Zenabis?

4 Likes

Thanks Jess, that pretty much answers my question but raises a few more for me (my background is with recirculating top-feed systems).

How many lights/plants do you have per room? With 15 rooms connected to one irrigation system and outfitted with drippers I would expect it takes a while to feed.

Also, how long do you veg?

5 Likes

Hello Growers Network! My name is Kristi Moon. I am new to this forum and would love to hear from you! I work as a Business Development Manager for US Water Systems. My main purpose for joining this forum is to better understand water filtration and reclamation needs of growers. Please use me as a resource to bounce questions or concerns in regards to your water needs. I’d love to help you GROW!

Kristi aka @MoonRocks_USWaterSys

8 Likes

Hey Jess,

I’ve been involved in hydroponics for 6 years, not counting the last year and a half in which I’ve been focusing on remodeling my house while still consulting with a few clients. I started out manufacturing water filtration gear with GrowoniX as we developed the top-feed recirculation system in association with a couple clients to help test and tune the system and nutrient formulation, modifying what was known as the San-Fernando Valley formula (based on Super Nutrients SBA/SBB).

I don’t sell these systems, but am happy to answer questions to help you gain insight regarding their features and benefits. Mostly huge savings in labor and nutrient cost, reduced humidty related issues and increased yield compared to some other methods.

6 Likes

That’s very interesting!
I will contemplate this system. Expect a few questions thrown your way in the near future! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jess

4 Likes

Hi @thegirlwhogrows welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Hi @richelgroup welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Hi @kohatugreen welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Hi @Russell Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Wassup @sebgros welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Hi @bmiller - better late than never… welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Thanks very much @digicole!

5 Likes

Hi all,

My name is Matt Blair and just joined as a vendor. My brother and I have been leading Cirrus Visual since 1999. Hard to believe it’s been 20 years! The concept was combining a graphic design studio with a commercial printing company. It’s been a great ride and our products/services have really grown over the years.

I joined because I think we can offer value to the cannabis industry and I want to learn how we might serve growers and the various businesses here. What comes to mind immediately is branding, packaging design, and event support like tradeshow materials and structures as well as promotional giveaways.

I’d love to hear from any of you of what challenges you face when working with graphic design and/or printing companies. Also, is there anything missing that a company like ours might be able to help with?

I’m in Tucson and our company serves all of the U.S. and some companies outside of the U.S. When not working, I like to ride mountain bikes around the mountains of Tucson. I’ve got a family and we just started hiking a bit too. Headed down to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon this June. Cheers!

8 Likes

Hey there, @MoonRocks_USWaterSys! Welcome to our growing community! What do you hope to learn from the GN community? What is the single greatest lesson you gave learned thus far in your journey with US Water Systems?

4 Likes

Howdy, @cirrusvisual! Great to have a fellow Tucsonan joining the forum! There are many printers here in Tucson, what makes Cirrus Visual stand out from the pack? What would you say is your key competitive advantage? What initially urged you to make a foray into cannabis packaging?

Welcome again…cheers :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Welcome @cirrusvisual looking forward to spirited conversations in the community!

5 Likes

Thanks! @Growernick, you are right that there are many printing companies in Tucson as well as across the country. Our design capabilities allow our printing capabilities to stand out. Our designers understand printing really well and that can help our clients stand out when it comes to anything from packaging to events. Whether it’s foil, spot coating, printing on dark substrates or adding illumination, bringing the right creative into the mix can take it to the next level.

7 Likes

Thanks @digicole and me too!

7 Likes

Hello Community, I am Ron out of Los Angeles. I started my grow journey about 7 years ago in a closet. My good friend and I would often compete with each other on who could get the best production (quality and yield) out of a closet. Long story short we got together and built our first commercial scale project in from the ground up back in 2014. During the time I had my facility I was also going to school at UCLA for Full Stack Web Development and eventually helped launched https://grolens.com/. It’s a tool for commercial growers can use to manage task, production calendars, inventory, and compliance(for licensed growers). Would be happy to get feedback on the platform. Cheers!

8 Likes