Introduce yourself!

@nicholas thank you for asking. My partner & sweetie has been in operation all of his adult life; 40 years or so. The site , 7 or 8 years, 8 mo as a market place.

5 Likes

Hi! My name is Don. I’m produce medical and adult-use cannabis content, based in Maryland. Have some shows and partnerships in production to help end prohibition and the stigma surrounding cannabis.

6 Likes

Hi @Vangst_Andrew and @donjr. Welcome to the community! Where in Maryland are you located Don? I used to live in the Maryland suburbs outside DC.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Bob Clifford, Ph.D., General Manager at Shimadzu Scientific Instruments a manufacturer of laboratory instruments for the analysis of cannabis potency, terpenes, pesticides screening, residual solvents, heavy metals, moisture content, mycotoxins and a lot more. If you would like more on these topic go to www.growyourlab.com. Also, I have published and presented over 125 papers in the fields of food, pharmaceutical, environmental, energy, geology, material science, photonics, and marijuana. I worked for organizations such as Campbell Soup Company and the FDA, but have been with Shimadzu the last 25 years. In March, Shimadzu will be releasing a new, dedicated “Cannabis Analyzer for Potency” where the user can be running the HPLC system the next day and does NOT need a chemistry background.

8 Likes

Hi My name is Dawn and I am the Co-CEO of Tax Defense Partners (http://cannabistaxrelief.com/)). We are a nationwide firm that specializes in Tax Management (resolution, tax problems, audit, levy’s and liens, tax preparation, etc.) We have been in the tax arena for some 18 years and we specialize in Cannabis tax issues.

If you would like to hear us and get to know our team please feel free to listen to our podcast http://cannabistaxrelief.com/cannabis-tax-relief-podcast/. Here you can here me and one of our Attorney’s talk about what the cannabis industry faces in the tax compliance area.

So glad to be part of this group! Looking forward to meeting you!

7 Likes

Welcome @rhclifford and @cannabistaxrelief!

2 Likes

This past year, Steve filed 2 patents for unique consumer-oriented pharmaceutically elegant cannabis consumer products, with breakthrough cost-effective manufacturing processes. His active consulting practice for cannabis clients is managed through the C3 Consulting Group and pharmaceutical/medical device clients are managed through Regulatory Affairs Associates since 2001. He co-founded Pinnacle Lab in Troy, Michigan as the only cannabis-testing laboratory that meets stringent FDA drug standards.

Mr. Goldner actively volunteers to improve the Cannabis industry, serving as Chairman of the Cannabis Testing Labs Committee for FOCUS, the ISO Cannabis standard setting organization. The Cannabis Law Journal recently nominated him to their Editorial Board, and Mr. Goldner was the USA representative to the UNGASS 2016 United Nations colloquium to adjust the United Nations ‘War on Drugs’ Policy.

Steve’s career started when he developed and published many of the first laboratory methods to detect drugs, while serving as Supervisor Forensic Toxicologist at the New York Chief Medical Examiner’s Office. Working with his mentor, John Broich, he then formulated the only non-abuseable narcotic [oral liquid dose methadone] in 1974. They founded Mifflin Laboratories [Lewistown, PA] and Steve obtained FDA and DEA approval within a year for that innovative drug. Mr. Goldner became Lab Director and COO and set a benchmark for a fast-to-market successful pharmaceutical launch in a highly regulated [DEA Schedule 1 Narcotic] market.
Methadone has become THE worldwide standard of care for opioid addiction.

Joining Unilever R/D, they paid for law school [licensed in Connecticut] and he began practicing FDA Regulatory Law while serving as Manager, Corporate Regulatory Affairs/FDA at Unilever. Steve moved on to become Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, ICN Pharmaceuticals and then Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Ferndale Pharma. In 2001, he founded and continues as CEO/President of Regulatory Affairs Associates, LLC. Steve and his teams have obtained FDA approval for over 240 medical devices and drugs, with additional successful regulatory filings into 40 other countries.

Steve’s unique talent to bridge many disciplines include serving as FDA advisor to the National Institutes of Health, presenting on the main stage at TEDMED Taking the "search" out of clinical research - YouTube

7 Likes

I am the Director of Marketing for Coast of Maine Organic Products. We make and distribute the world’s best, organically approved growing mediums using ocean residuals like lobster shells and seaweed.

6 Likes

Welcome @sgoldner and @cameronb!

2 Likes

Howdy!

This is a bit of a delayed intro, but I am a Customer Success Manager for Baker Technologies. We help dispensaries build their brand, create happy customers, and generate more revenue in 10 states and Canada. Although we have been focused on helping dispensaries, we have been working in a beta with producers (Grows, MIPS, Extraction Labs) to help them achieve the same goals.

I am always looking to connect with people in the industry to share insights and ideas. Although I work for a retail solution, I have a background in agriculture (mainly greenhouse tomatoes) and consider all things plant related as my passion. More specifically, I am passionate about high tech, CEA growing.

I have already seen how great this group is and look forward to seeing it continue to grow!

6 Likes

Rachel,
Do you have any interest in quality assurance/quality control of medical cannabis? I have clients in the Ontario who would be interested in your skillset. If you are interested in hearing more about roles and what my company Vangst could offer, please email me at andrew@vangsttalent.com.

2 Likes

Pleased to meet you Harrison. Welcome to the group!

Geoff James

www.cannatechgroup.com
“IT for the cannabis industry”

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

Thanks so much for the invite. We are Lilli and Carolyn, aka Cannawise Brand Cultivators. Cannawise.co is a full-service creative agency, specializing in cannabis and wellness. We create compelling brands, storytelling and strategy; campaigns, digital experiences, and retail product launch. We deliver marketshare for our clients in the B2B / B2C new cannabis economy.

We’re here to answer questions about marketing and branding, design, so don’t be afraid to ask, we’ll try to help out if we can!

5 Likes

Hey I know this guy. Real pro. Hi Sjoerd!

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay. I’m just south of Baltimore on the way to D.C.

2 Likes

Hello, Bob! Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is one of our Show Sponsors! The Medical Cannabis Report “Table Discussions 2016” series filmed here in Baltimore. Are you in the Columbia office?

Here’s a great Shimadzu video they shared with us:

2 Likes

Hi Donjr
Thanks for the Shimadzu video I really like that video on cannabis. Yes I am in the Columbia, MD office. Stop by 7102 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, MD 21146 if you want a lab tour.

Bob Clifford

2 Likes

Hey everyone. My name is Alex and I’m the founder of Terpene Botanicals (http://terpenebotanicals.com), a manufacturer of terpene flavor profiles based out of Massachusetts. We work with manufacturers of concentrate vapor cartridges by providing a scalable and financially feasible additive.

I would love to network with growers out there looking to maximize returns on their harvests - and bring more cannabis-derived terpene extracts to the market.

Also very eager to talk terpenes. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to all the new folks that joined over the weekend!

@donjr it looks like your video embed isn’t working due to a bug in the interaction with our community platform and certain dropbox links. Here’s the URL without the embed for anyone who wants to watch the video. Clicking on the link will open it in a new window:

@AlexJacobs - check out out thread on terpenes here: Terpenes - and all things under this subject

2 Likes

Thanks for the invite and if anyone wants to here about our new high quality Galaxy Grow Tents, drop me a line.

1 Like