Introduce yourself!

Hello, I’m AnitaD of BalanceWise Books. I implement the Profit First methodology while following GAAP rules. I typically spend about a third of my days keeping abreast of changes to laws, regulations, and legislation in the US looking for tricks of the trade to maximize the dollars you get to keep. I look forward to sharing your adventures in this growing industry.

3 Likes

Welcome @AnitaD! I imagine tracking finance laws in individual states can be a headache.

2 Likes

According to the CA Public Utilities Commission, indoor cannabis cultivation is responsible for about 3% of California’s electricity consumption, which is equivalent to the electricity consumption of one million California homes, so low energy lights are important to this industry.

3 Likes

A lot of updates come straight to my inbox but it’s a lot of reading, and note taking. No more fictional novels for me at night :unamused:

2 Likes

What is the most economical skin treatment oil? I can’t afford to keep buying the $150 daily bottles I was putting on my husband. Three days was not long enough to see results but our finances said stop.

2 Likes

Hi All,
Neal here from Link4 Greenhouse Controls. We manufacture software and environmental controls for growers wanting to optimize their greenhouse production and hydroponic grow rooms. We are locally based and build everything to order here in Southern California (Anaheim).

https://www.instagram.com/link4controls/

4 Likes

@Link4Controls

Hey Neal, welcome to Growers Network! Would you be interested in sharing your knowledge about greenhouse controls on our blog?

Hey everyone! My name is Alexander Malik, I’m currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota and I’m a full time student at Colorado State majoring in Horticulture. I’m also currently job-seeking for a position as a cultivator and/or grower. With Minnesota only having two licensed medical cannabis facilities, it definitely makes the job search a bit difficult. I am also currently completing courses from Soil Food Web Inc. My end goal would be to eventually run and own a craft cultivation facility. However my current goal would be to gain employment growing or as an assistant grower. I am incredibly driven, flexible, with an insatiable thirst for knowledge. I look forward to connecting, learning, and hopefully collaborating with many of you!

3 Likes

Hey everybody! My name’s Colin and I’m a co-owner of the Funnypharm. We are a new company selling mineral based hydroponic supplements. What makes us different is our easy-to-use quart and gallon Refills.

These Refills contain proper ratios of high quality raw ingredients for one quart or gallon bottle. We’ve noticed most growers prefer liquid products over dry powders. Liquids can be easier to measure and less messy to use but they are also more expensive. The grower can mix their own water with one of our Refills and have a liquid nutrient without overpaying for it.

Whether its Calcium and Magnesium, Silica, Flush, etc. we use flat rates of $9.95 for all quart Refills and $19.95 for gallon Refills with free shipping on all orders.

Funnypharm’s founder Mark, is a disabled veteran who has been growing cannabis professionally and mixing his own nutrients for almost 30 years. We are excited to share his knowledge and to be a part of this community.

Please visit https://thefunnypharm.com/ for more details.

Thanks and have a good one!

5 Likes

@sikundermalik

Thank you for joining our community. I am confident that our community will help educate you on topics that compliment your current studies, as well as provide you potential job opportunities. You can post your resume to the #classifieds:seeking-employment category with more explanation of what you are looking for.

3 Likes

@nick I appreciate the advice! I agree, especially with trying to keep up with all the new research that seems to come out every week. I’m excited to have a place where I can have friendly chats/debates with others who are also looking for the best methods and research for growing. Happy to be involved! I’ll get on posting my resume shortly.

2 Likes

@FunnypharmColin

Welcome to Growers Network! You may be interested in educating our community about your products through our Growers Spotlight series. If you are interested, @Hunter can get you all set up!

2 Likes

That sounds great! Thanks Nick. I’ll send Hunter a message.

3 Likes

Hi! My name is Leah and I’m a part of the marketing team here at PL Light Systems, a family-owned business run out of the Niagara Region in Ontario, Canada! We manufacture both traditional HPS/MH and LED light systems. For nearly 40 years we have been a leader in supplemental lighting for the traditional horticultural sector, and are excited to see that continue into the cannabis market.

Thanks for the invite! I’m looking forward to being a part of the network!

3 Likes

Hey fellow gamer! Are you a PC or Console guy?

1 Like

@FunnypharmColin comes to Cannafriends! :slight_smile: Great people!

3 Likes

@PL_Light_Leah

Hey Leah, welcome to Growers Network! You will be right at home with all of our leading horticultural lighting manufacturers and all the growers that love to talk about lighting science. Make sure to check out the #growing:led and #growing:hps-cmh-mh categories for some great conversations that have taken place since we launched this community.

1 Like

Mainly PC (I built my own rig), but I have been toying with the Switch lately too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@FunnypharmColin if you are in the area, definitely check out Cannafriends. GN Approved! Fun networking event that helps connect our AZ cannabis community even stronger.

2 Likes

Oh absolutely, my schedule hasn’t worked out recently but I’ve been a few times, really interesting people. Amy is the best, she is so helpful. Amy - thank you so much for all your input! I’m making all the changes to my site you suggested.

3 Likes