targeted recruiting strategies identify and attract top performers to
your opportunity.
Careful project planning, structured
recruiting methods, a written schedule, and thorough candidate
evaluation assure that top quality candidates will be introduced on
time.
Call us to discuss your needs and how
Cannacruiter LLC can structure a process that finds and attracts the
people you need. Phone 503 287 6754, or email: Paul@Cannacruiter.net.

3 Likes

The Cannabis Practice Group [“CPG”] of aBIZinaBOX Inc. CPA’s serves commercial cannabis industry businesses in California. The CPG have experienced > 250% growth over prior period due adult-use cannabis becoming legal in 2018. The CPG has professionals in Evanston, IL, and Oakland, CA. The practice is led by Jordan S. Zoot, CPA, Managing Director – CEO, who has been in professional practice since 1982.

Mr. Zoot is licensed as a CPA in CA, FL, IL, NY, and TX. He has a national reputation of technical and transactional taxation of pass-thru entities [Partnerships, LLC’s and S Corporations], private equity and alternative asset funds primarily in distressed mortgages and assets, professional services, real estate, venture-funded tech start-ups, and the commercial cannabis industry in California.

Mr. Zoot has extensive experience in taxpayer and practitioner representation with the Examination, Appeals and Collection functions with IRS, including Special Procedures – Bankruptcy, Insolvency, Offer in Compromise, and Circular 230 Practitioner Representation with the Office of Professional Responsibility [“OPR”]

Mr. Zoot has a member of the AICPA, and state societies [CalCPA, FICPA, ICPAS, NYSSCPA, and TSCPA] for over thirty years. He has served an appointed member of AICPA’s Responsibilities in Tax Practice, Practice Management, and Subchapter K Technical Committees and as the CITP Champion for Illinois. He has had extensive involvement in the regulation commenting process with the US Treasury.

Mr. Zoot is engaged at numerous points of contact in a lead role with AICPA senior executives in the process of developing policy, advocacy and education for CPA’s serving the legal cannabis industry. He has been involved with OPR in connection with the cannabis industry, Title 31 [FinCEN] matters and the IRS’s OVDP Amnesty Program.

Mr. Zoot is engaged with CalCPA’s Government Liaison Office in connection with SWOT analysis, talking points for engagement with the legislature, the cannabis regulatory agencies, Bureau of Cannabis Control “BCC” [Retail, Retail-Delivery, Distribution – Packaging], California Dept. of Public Health “CDPH” [Manufacturing, Processing, Extraction], California Dept. of Food and Agriculture “CDFA” [Cultivation] and the California Dept. of Tax and Fee Administration [“CDTFA”] in connection with urgently need regulatory guidance for Cannabis Cultivation, Excise and Sales Taxes.

2 Likes

Welcome @paulmillius and @jszesq!

I almost want to ask if Mr. Zoot wears a suit, but he is a lawyer, so that should be obvious.

3 Likes

I have an Xbox 360 and play Black Ops 2 Zombies. PC I used to play Diablo. :smiley:

2 Likes

Heyy @paulmillius Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

:wave: Sending a warm Welcome to ALL of our new GN members. :grinning:

Happy chatting!

3 Likes

Hello!

Simple story. Lifelong cannabis aficionado; in 2013 hit with a major health challenge qualifying me for my MA MMJ card; and also became a Registered Caregiver working with older adults, typically cancer patients, to enhance quality of life.

I started growing 4 years ago; now have a 65-day cycle (separate veg and bloom rooms - on my 14th harvest cycle) which has become a focus and passion. My time with ‘my girls’ is easily the favorite part of my day; I go visit and we sing, we dance, we have a just good ol’ time - and I love it.

Along with being a contract marketer (in my first career I’ve been a brand marketing/packaging guy for brands like Velcro™, Keurig™, and Boston Whaler™), I work at a grow store with some great folks who’ve helped me dial it in. And yes, I still love marketing - ‘my sickness’ as my wife calls it. (Good thing I know the cure!)

I’m truly happy to be here, and look forward to contributing to the group. If I can help anybody, please just let me know.

Thanks!

Tom -

508-951-0130 | thomasbowie49@gmail.com | ThomasBoston.com

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,
I want to thank Nick for allowing me into this wonderful community. My name is Noel Yan and I represent T.O. Plastics, we produce high quality thermo-formed horticultural containers such as plug trays, prop trays, inserts, square pots (2.5in-5.5in) & matching carry trays which are all in a 1020 format. Our production facility is located in Clearwater, MN. I service the Western US working with ag/hort customers and most recently added cannabis/hemp/hydroponic to the list.

This will be my 29th year in the horticultural industry and I am excited to see what happens next!
My humble experience includes greenhouse management, production, propagation, product development, sales (young plant material including tissue-culture), sales management, national key accounts. I love working with plants (all kinds) and always open to learning.
Drop me a line! :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Welcome @NoelY and @thomas.lanen! Hope you enjoy the forums!

3 Likes

Hi. My name is Don. I’m new to the grower’s network. I’m located between Colorado Springs and Denver.

I have a one-man electrical engineering company specializing in PLC - based control systems. (PLC = programmable logic controller). I typically work on smaller projects that large engineering firms would kill with their overhead costs. I’ve done work all over the USA as well as SE Asia, China, Japan, and Europe.

The systems I design have local control with alarm and/or control via internet. There are a lot of options with and without web connectivity. Very scalable from small to large systems.

I’m interested in developing control systems for growers and possibly, packaging. Let me know if you’re interested in some no-cost discussions on control strategies and project costs.

I look forward to learning more about your needs.

3 Likes

@don1 welcome to Growers Network! We are happy to have you. :slight_smile:

Hi Don,

Welcome! Are you using off the shelf PLCs and traditional LAD,etc programming, or rolling your own?

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Grower’s Network and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Heather, I am the owner of Heather’s Bookkeeping and Tax Services located in California. We are a virtual accounting company that specializes in the cannabis industry.

Having grown up in the industry I feel I can provide a unique service to your business. I have always had a passion for this industry and I look forward to connecting with all of you!

3 Likes

Hey Heather, welcome to the community! Have you full recovered since the tax season ending?

2 Likes

Hi Nick, Thank you! Yes, I have just recently recovered fully from tax season.

2 Likes

Joe - Thanks,

I mostly use off the shelf (client’s request), but have been recently been working on a low cost system utilizing a Raspberry Pi. I have some concerns about the Pi’s durability and immunity to stray voltages, but you can’t beat the cost. 90% of the applications I’ve designed use Allen-Bradley/Rockwell PLC’s. I like the quality, but not AB’s arrogance and high price. Large corporate customers dictate the platform and A-B is it in the USA. I’ve used Unitronics, Mitsubishi, and ABB and liked them. I’ve heard good things about Wago and Automation Direct, but haven’t actually used them.
There’s almost too many options.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!
I’m thrilled to join the community. I came into the industry about 4 years ago from a little bit of a different path. I exited a digital media start-up in Seattle in 2014, where I met my current business partner Tim @tbelvin . Tim and I met for a coffee soon after and had the “so what do we do now?” conversation. Knowing that Cannabis had recently legalized in Washington and Colorado, we started talking to a variety of operators regarding what kinds of tools they were using to run their businesses.
Two very prominent observations;
One - There were no common business tools being used. We saw everything from QuickBooks to Excel to a pad of paper and pencil. With compliance being on top of everyone’s list of what keeps them up at night, there was obviously an opportunity to create cannabis-friendly business software.
Two - Every one of these early-day cannabis pioneers was driven and passionate. The energy was infectious, and we knew we wanted to get involved.
Tim and I have both had long careers. (My daughter politely refers to me as a “late-stage” entrepreneur). Tim has a technology background where was a long-time executive at Microsoft and I in sales and marketing, mostly building and leading sales teams in print, digital and mobile.
So, after talking to many operators like yourselves and incorporating our “several” years of experience, we created 420Tech and built a series of software solutions that will help you run your businesses and hopefully sleep well at night.

I look forward to connecting and discovering how we can help!

5 Likes

Only way I can afford it is to purchase raw materials and make my own…it is sooo much better than anything I have found on the market too because I can customize my ingredients.

2 Likes

Very cool Don. I do know some people are making a pretty good go of it in this industry doing such as you are. Best of luck with that!

You can find ruggedized Raspberry Pi and Arduino in DIN mounting. I prefer the Pi because of the ability to use standard programming languages along with plenty of I/O and, with integrated touch-screen, web servers/browsers and node.js, you can easily use graphical programming and web application frameworks. I think this is the direction things are going.

2 Likes

@ChipCassady welcome to Growers Network, I’m happy you made the jump into the cannabis industry!

What was the name of the digital media startup you exited?

1 Like