Introduce yourself!

Actually, I put a suit on very infrequently. Further, though I have the education, I am not licensed to practice law. Rather I am very experienced certified public accountant licensed in California, Florida, Illinois, New York and Texas. Our cannabis practice is focused heavily on California, though we occasionally will take on cannabis work in OR, WA, or CO. We find it difficult to be an expert in multiple jurisdictions and tend to concentrate on what we know. What we can say is that we are a thirty professional firm with offices in Oakland, Chicago, and NYC which gives us national reach and diversity. Nice to meet everyone, there is a “tie fee” if you want me to put one on.

Suffice to say that we tend to be very focused on what we do.

1 Like

Thanks Nick! It was called Visible Brands. It was an indoor location media company that delivered relevant advertising based on a shopper’s path inside brick and mortar retailers. Pretty cutting edge at the time. Target, Home Depot and CVS use similar technology today to help shoppers to navigate stores and receive personalized deals. Amazon Go also uses this type of technology in it’s walk-in walk-out grab-and-go store in Seattle. Cool stuff. Very Jetsons!

4 Likes

That sounds awesome!

Welcome, @ChipCassady! Can’t wait to hear more of your input!

1 Like

I love to hear the backstories of all our new members! Everyone comes from such a diverse background! I’m stoked to see we’ve all been guided here to Growers Network by our combined passion service to others through cannabis.

It’s especially exciting for me as a fellow conscious grower to see the multitude of people fulfilling a lifelong to pursue cultivation of such a remarkably powerful plant. It truly moves my soul! :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome one and all!

2 Likes

Hello Growers Network!

We are Terry and Salma, the creators of Kindbot.io

We built Kindbot to help us monitor/control our home grow because we aren’t always around to watch the plants.

We began with a microcontroller and environmental sensors to create the first consumer level environmental control unit. Adding a camera and an application, we can view the grow or control appliances (lights, irrigation) while away.

Using AI, we developed models to parse important visual cues from the image feed.
This means that Kindbot can respond dynamically to signs of stress. For example, Kindbot can turn on the irrigation pump when the plants look droopy or send a notification when Kindbot detects signs of deficiencies or pests.

Kindbot brings home automation to home grow by integrating with off-the-shelf smart plugs to control your appliances. Kindbot records your environmental statistics and maintains a collection of photos for playing back a time lapse of your grow.

Kindbot maintains a stable, optimal growing environment with PID control.

Kindbot can perform color correction for easier inspection of your greens under lighting which isn’t full spectrum.

We wanted to create the swiss army knife of cannabis home grow by building a small, but powerful device, agnostic to particular sensor/controller platforms.

We believe the underlying computer vision technology will make important signals more accessible and empower the grower with more information.

We believe there is a role for this technology in commercial platforms and we are continuously developing and pushing Kindbot to do more.

We’d love to hear more about the challenges other growers face. Perhaps Kindbot can handle some small part to make things easier and more efficient. We’re interested in putting out a few Kindbots for user testing, message us about the Kindbot Collectif. :grinning:

Thanks for your time,
Team Kindbot

P.S. If you’re interested in the underlying technology, check out our Hackster.io post!

5 Likes

Very cool. I signed up for more info as the product goes live.

3 Likes

Welcome John! Hello to a fellow Tucsonan! Welcome, can’t wait to see what dispensaries you’re working with!

1 Like

I’m so stoked to see what Kindbot can do!! What a great addition to GNET!Thanks for being here!

2 Likes

Hey, my name is Medi or Roger I’am a caregiver, patient, living in a legal medical marijuana state: Michigan Looking forward to networking with all of you. I run 24 strains on a perpetual grow.

3 Likes

Welcome @Medijuana.inc2010! How is Michigan this time of year? I’m already tired of AZ summers.

2 Likes

Sweet right now, not too hot & not too cold

2 Likes

Hello Everyone, I’m John O’Brien from RBC Insurance Associates.

We write all lines of commercial insurance for Cannabis related industry accounts. We are located on the east coast in Somerset, NJ and I live with my family on the Jersey Shore. Love golf and being outdoors!

I am happy to join the growers network and be part of the forum. Looking forward to connecting with everyone and contributing ideas to the forum!

4 Likes

Greetings from within the inner workings of the dank cavern! I just want to take a moment at the commencement of this long Memorial Day weekend to thank those who served and to wish all our members a very happy, safe and joyous weekend. Summer is unofficially here!

Welcome to all our new users! So very cool to watch the growth of this unique space…I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Happy Day! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hey John, welcome to Growers Network!

1 Like

John,

My name’s Alex, a Community Builder here at Growers Network. Welcome aboard! Although I’m in Tucson now, I was born and raised on the Jersey Shore. I can still close my eyes and taste the pizza! Jersey is a small place, so I’m sure we know a lot of the same people. Feel free to direct message me to see if we can make some connections. Cannabis is about to blow up in NJ!

Best,
Alex

3 Likes

Keep up that Jersey Pride! Can’t wait to see the scene blow up on the East Coast! Welcome!

1 Like

G’day I’m Ivor from Canna Air Care which is an organic mold preventative product that we manufacture in Sydney Australia. I’m the CEO and founder of the company that is specifically focused in the cannabis growing industry. (Company in Australia install the product in large A/C systems of hospitals for Staph bacteria and molds).
My first foray into the world of cultivation was back in 1995 which allowed a great test bed for experimentations mainly in injecting corona discharged ozone into air and water and monitoring the effects on molds and plant diseases.
Sydney is a notoriously high humidity city so dealing with mold was a perpetual trauma.
Good news is that i now get to live in LA as i was based here for months whilst we underwent several months of onsite before and after trials in a commercial cannabis production facility. (all of which was done by a cannabis lab with on site visits only by PhD’s… really exciting results on molds, bacteria and PM

If i can be of any help to anyone in regards to molds in cannabis and how to reduce, please feel free to reach out!

4 Likes

Welcome, Ivor!

Mold and fungi are serious issues cannabis growers the world over face. Prevention is key. Any innovation geared at stopping mold or PM before it hits that dreaded “outbreak status” is clutch!

Very exciting to have you here!

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I’m the founder of Strainly.
We’re based in Canada and our goal is to make support cannabis biodiversity by being a stronger community of growers and breeders.

Happy to be here and looking forward to networking…

Cheers!

7 Likes