Introduce yourself!

That was terrific Nick and Hunter!!

Could we get a transcript of the questions and answers?

We want to put that up on our website.

Best Sam.

2 Likes

Welcome @samuel.horton21! What products do you serve at the Ganja Gourmet?

1 Like

Hi Sam!

We don’t have a tool yet to post the transcript from the Discourse. There is a way to do it though, by disabling javascript on your browser and downloading the page as a PDF, as detailed here. When we reach 12:00 MST, I’ll go ahead and do that for you if you’d like.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Amye King and I’m happy to be on this network with so many brilliant people - the real movers and shakers of the industry! We are a captive insurance firm that was originated after the devastating CA fires last fall - so hard for us to watch those fires ruin so many crops that had no insurance on them. We have been doing captive formation and management for over a decade for non cannabis clients but at that point, we knew we needed to form a new company that could help growers, producers, distributors and others who struggled to find insurance coverage. Lately, my days are mostly spent talking with hemp investors and farmers who are looking for outdoor crop coverage, but with a captive program, we can work with anyone to tailor the coverage to your unique risks - So whatever risks you have, I’d be honor to talk with you about getting those covered! We also do a free risk assessment of your current commercial policies to see what gaps, exclusions and additional protection you may want to look into.

Amye@EmeraldRiskSolutions.com

4 Likes

Hey @amyeking! We have heard so many tragic stories here in the GNET office resulting from those fires! Those fires underscored the very real need for farmers to insure their crops. Thanks for recognizing a need and standing up to help resolve it!

3 Likes

Captive insurance has been used to cover various cannabis businesses interruption, product recall, investigation defense, environmental liability (pesticides, smog etc) and another big one besides outdoor crop has been for trace and track cyber risk liability. We’ve have made our solution affordable and obtainable - it’s not just for the guys making all the green, it’s for anyone since whether you buy the insurance or not, the risk is still there! :grimacing:

3 Likes

What a great forum, congrats @hunter.

I am a San Diego-based consultant ( JD, MBA) with an interesting journey into state sanctioned cannabis. For almost two years I have been helping a very noteworthy “cannaprenuer” with his multi-state, multi-function brand - including a farm, an innovative extraction lab and a hot concentrate brand.

In CA, I also work for a firm that combines my business acumen with a land-use expert and his team to develop local and state applications that the authorities LOVE! Our packages are 200-300 pages minimum and full of everything they need to approve.

Many of our clients have the real estate locked in but a great deal of them need help identifying and acquiring rights to operate. For this latter group, we offer discovery services. We even run across potential investors looking to support or participate in existing operations from time to time.

If any of this sounds interesting, please reach out.

WHATEVER YOU DO > Please don’t pay a consultant to “get you a license” or accept guarantees of any kind. This is an unreasonable expectation/promise and most likely a sign of bad things to come in your relationship.

6 Likes

Hey there, @coachchriscahill! What a diverse background you are coming from! It sounds like you have created a great family of brands! Your expertise will be very welcome here (and I guarantee you will learn more!)

Awesome to have you here!

1 Like

Welcome Chris,

Look forward to visiting with you.

Terry

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Christina Weed. I am a Co–Founder of Weed Law, PC: weedlawpc.com.

Our law firm assists clients in the cannabis industry with federal and state taxation, business law, tax and business disputes, civil litigation, licensing, advocacy, and estate planning. We are located in the SF bay area but assist clients throughout the state of California. In addition, we are involved in lobbying efforts at the state level through the Conference of California Bar Associations: http://calconference.org/html/

Excited to have been invited to this group!

• C. Weed
3 Likes

@cweed…I’m sure you get this one all the time: is Weed your REAL last name, or did you change to appropriately suit this industry?!

Either way, it’s very cool to have you and your services here! I am looking forward to your contributions!

1 Like

Ha! Yes, it’s my REAL last name. Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

So fortuitous! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi,

My name is Keenan I am currently the owner of KB Trading, a licensed distributor and manufacture in Oakland,Ca. This has been a great platform to see the different professionals and their expertise in the industry.

3 Likes

Hey Keenan and KB Trading! Welcome to GNET! We love seeing the interaction too! Thanks for being part of the action!

1 Like

Hello Everyone
This is Doug from Greenmark Consulting.
My background is in Operations Management, Logistics and Procurement.

We work with Growers, Retail, Dispensaries, Processors and all Product Manufacturers

Greenmark Consulting can help you:

*Learn ways to Decrease your COGS and Increase your Profit

*What are the Operational components that affect your CGB

*Understand the RISKS of not implementing Controls

*Learn the Importance of Analysis and Planning

*Understand the Role of Procurement and its influence on your CGB

We can Increase the Profit Margin of your Business

Contact us @ www.expreduce.com or call 360-977-3771

4 Likes

Hey there, Doug from @GreenmarkConsulting!

Welcome to GNET! I think you’ll find a community of fine cannabis professionals interested in the services you have to offer. Just reach out and start interacting!

1 Like

Greetings!
My name is Jenny Germano and I am the owner of ICS Consulting Service based in Denver, Colorado.

I began in this industry as an employee back in 2009 as a dispensary manager in the medical cannabis market in Colorado. I moved out of the medical dispensary side and helped open an adult-use dispensary in Denver in 2014 which was very exciting times, being the first state to legalize recreational cannabis.

I fully understand what it takes to go from unregulated market to a heavily regulated market and it requires stamina. I lived in the trenches as an employee and now I help owners move through the process!

In 2015 I transitioned from being an employee to an owner of a compliance support business. I currently work in Colorado, Maryland and Michigan. But I am looking to expand my horizons! I am open to teaming up on projects as an independent contractor.

Services provided

• Compliance Support

• SOP Development

• 3rd Party Audits - All Licensed Facility Types (Grows, Production, Dispensary)

• Employee Compliance Training

• Build-out Support - Compliance at every phase of your build-out

• Dispensary Training & Opening

• HR for the Cannabis Industry

• METRC Support - Seed to Sale Tracking & Inventory management

• Upper Management Facility Training

• Health & Sanitation & OSHA

Feel free to check out my website

https://www.ICSconsultingservice.com

My business email: Jenny@ICSconsultingservice.com
720-309-6146

Looking forward to connecting!

3 Likes

Hey Jenny!

Wow! What an abundance of experience you have managed to attain in such a relatively short period of time! Great intro!

2 Likes

Hey Folks, My name is Vic, I run a company called Humboldt Vape Tech in Humboldt County. Can’t think of a better place to make quality Vaporizers. We like to think we are making the best vaporizers on the market. We use only the best quality materials, and really focus on quality, and efficiency more than anything else. My wholesale pricing leaves you plenty of room to mark things up, we have a large inventory. We ship everything the same day up until about 1:30pm. Look for our ads in all the magazines. Come see us at your favorite Trade Shows. Or just give me a call at 844-Oil-Coil to learn about my products. You can also sign up for a wholesale account and purchase directly from us at www.humboldtvapetech.com.

We are a small family business. My girls usually go home at 2pm everyday after the mail gets picked up. But I am almost always available to take your calls.

Looking to make your own quality branded merchandise, I can help you there as well. Also willing to work with you to bring new products to market if they are going to fit in with the industry. So, looking for new ideas all the time.

6 Likes