Introducing BudBusterPro

From the “show me” state…Missouri.

Marty

8 Likes

JohnnyPotseedOG Sponsor

2d

I came back on to post a pic of some seeds lol the conversation is still going on here?
Anyways…I gleaned some seeds from a few buds and got to say, @BudBusterPro did like you said it would Bob, used on the flowers pollinated up to about 1&1/2 weeks before harvest. Created bigger/ fatter seeds! this is just the few I popped out, curious lol

16 Likes

Bob,
Two pic update for you, before and after a 25 day defol.

Before defol. Yep light light burn on the 2 over achievers… lights been adjusted, thanks.

After defol, doesn’t look like much, she’s thick as a brick, was a full paper shopping bag full of fans and larf.

Autopots on at 3.7EC pH 6.0 1.2VPD 38.8DLI

12 Likes

So you guys like those bottom watering autopots huh? Looking good, you gonna screen them?

Marty

9 Likes

I don’t understand…they are in rain science bags, in a copper sprayed pot sock…this electrically trims roots that are submerged. Or you mean scrog…I stopped using trellis nets 10 years ago…I prefer a “screenless scrog technique” keep em short, quad or sixline em, spread em wide and hit PotSil with silicon solublizers like amylolique at flip.

9 Likes

Looking Dog Gone NICE!

With that EC and number of bud sites…could be cataclysmic… in a good way!

8 Likes

This is my training wheel session, so if I crash in the hairpin…well start again.

I’ll update some pics as she goes its just about 4 weeks from flip. That big pig in the middle is Preys cross.

8 Likes

LOL, Yup if we can keep him off motorcycles, that man is headed to the summit!!

He does a damn nice job with his genetics; puts some work in stabilizing his girls! His efforts show!!

10 Likes

Yes I was talking about scroging them. Copper pot sock? No never mind I don’t wNna know lol!

Marty

13 Likes

Big Booty Bud Buster Girls update. 12/12 Flip on 4.25 (31 days - 1 week trans/3 weeks flower) stackin on up. Just getting her nails did at 3.7EC / Gonna supp. a small MKP hit and see how she likes the Big P.

Don’t mind the orange hairs, not pollinated (90% sure)/ It’s my aggressive handling to defoliate.

10 Likes

Beautiful really stacked for 3 weeks flower for sure !!

So is MPK magnesium/Phos/Pot ?

Marty

7 Likes

MKP - Mono - Potassium Phosphate. (PK boost)

Right now they are getting 2.4gm/gal of mag sulfate as part of the 2x jacks mix.

8 Likes

Well Bob I see that you are reccommending it later and later in the flower for seed. Question, if it helps seed production by continuing it through the seed formation…why would it not continue to help the seedless buds as well?

Marty

8 Likes

Good question Marty and glad to answer it here on the forum!!

The reason we put our LAST application 14 days (at a reduced 2ml/8oz rate) after the flip, is because we don’t want to have any adverse effects on trichome production!
When growing for SEED, we aren’t concerned with trichomes…we’re looking for more, larger, and highly viable seeds!

Marty, we never changed that final spray date at 14 days post flip. I think I understand your confusion, you were last using the 14 day schedule. With the revised ‘spoon feeding’ program, we cut
the CONCENTRATION in half and apply ever 7 days…

Hope that helps!
If you have any further questions, be sure and let me know?

7 Likes

No Bob I wasn’t confused at all. What I was asking is if it helps the seeds, which are in the Caylxes, which is the frostiest part of a grow sans seeds, why would it not help a seedless Caylex? That was my question. Have you tried continued application all the way till say just a few days before end of flower? Say reducing the application rate to say 1 ml per 8oz. ?

Just wondering outloud
Marty

9 Likes

What do you mean, “all the way till just a few days before flower”?
Applicating goes on up until 14 days after flower according to their program? Put that joint down for a minute Martyman! I believe because after 14 days the risk of getting a little too much potassium on the thrichs is there and undesirable for consumption.

7 Likes

The way I understand it is that you stop applying BBP after the second week of flour to prevent damage to trichomes. When growing plants for seed keep applying the BBP because you are not growing the plant to smoke. It has been shown to really increase the size of the seeds. :+1:t3::v:t3:

The fact that it can damage the trichomes after the second week of flowering should answer the question.

9 Likes

Can’t that’s my medicine lol. Just wrote it wrong, I meant until just before the END of the flower cycle.

And again has anyone tried putting it on until just before the end of flower? Bob has said that absorbtion is almost immediate. And would the glands even absorb it? Like I said just wondering outloud.

Marty

9 Likes

Wooooow!
Sorry been busy on another forum!!!1

Marty, Hap is correct. when you want your bud for consumption, we STOP our applications at 14 days post flip. Our MAJOR concern is having a negative impact on trichomes. We have NEVER proved this point…We neither want to, nor need to! If you have been applying BBP through your entire grow, your plants have an adequate accumulation to maximize your bud.

If you’re growing for seed, indeed you are looking at a different purpose…you want more seed, larger seed, with improved viability.

There is absolutely no problem with applying BBP right up to a day before you harvest your seed.
BBP is completely metabolized within 6-12 hrs after application. You laterally can’t distinguish between BBP and the ‘sap’. There is no preharvest interval for any fertilizers, anywhere.

I’m assuming, if I were planning to do this, I’d probably stop applying a week or so before harvesting the seed. Hell, I’d appreciate it if you tried it Marty! There are definitely no heath risks and I would be very interested if you could report on observations of any trichome physical damge with the later applications…We Have NEVER tried it, because again, it’s UNNECESSARY in maximizing the size and quality of your bud!!

SOOOO, if you decide to smoke your calyxes after removing seed there’s nothing stopping you!

8 Likes

Im not a fan of seeded flower to smoke. I find that once the plant is fertilized genetically from a male i find the plant changes into seed production instead of more resin and the flower flavor changes and the high off the flower is altered. I wish i had some fancy equipment to test things myself!

11 Likes