JNL5 - First Grow Journal - Twenty20 Mendocino Whiskey Zulu auto

I am the wild child that disrupts, and sits mostly in the hall.
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Oh, this is wonderful. Thank you so much!! I know what I’ll be doing tonight!!

4 Likes

Dank you @OlyBoy and @Jimhigh66 :pray::fist: truly appreciate it, and welcome @1sttimegrower :slightly_smiling_face: first time grower myself and hooked! Watching you rock @PreyBird1 Gods and Runtz/Skywalker genetics :fire:🪴 the latter is coveted by padawans in every galaxy :star2:

@Jimhigh66 - you’d be surprised. We’d blaze before and be too paranoid to interact in class :joy: then buds blazing again after. I was a crap student, just good at science by the time I hit college :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Posted this on the Twenty20 auto thread, but this little lady flaunted her goods off :smiling_imp: @twenty20 was def showing on day 19 but it was start day 20 that I noticed and snapped this pic. The Twenty20 force is strong with this Whizzy :sunglasses:

Four hours later at next lights on

So much new growth shooting out had to bend some out

The 5-bladed leaf and growth shoot on the middle left side of the pic above was the branching from the second node (five days ago)

And she just got her first true veg feeding! 0.5 L of:

1/4 strength MaxiGro (2.5 - 1.25 - 3.5 at this strength)
1/10 strength (each) BioRoot and CALiMAGic
pH 6.3 in distilled water

Temps: Day 78 F. Night 72 F.

RH: 60-65%

Got an Inkbird IHC-200 humidity controller to dial RH in finally! :raised_hands::muscle:

7 Likes

Looking real good my friend.

4 Likes

One more update to cap week 3. Started to get an herbal smell off of her (yeah duh, but was hard to pin…kinda like minty basil plant)…hung a 4’ carbon filter (Vivosun) and scent gone from the room :raised_hands:

Zu’s filling out her 5 gal pot (roughly 12” diameter for reference)…those leaves that look like they’re in the dirt are actually hovering a centimeter or so above, they’re pinned with training wire :+1: just the tip is touching :ok_hand:

She’s shooting up, stoked i’m able to keep her this short (~ 4 inches tall at Day 21), added another LST sesh to an upper part of the main stem. Going very slow with it, tighten a little each day.

She’s become a jungle, can’t wait for the branching to stretch out so I can bend some arms :muscle:

4 Likes

Since i’m brand new to this i’m not sure if it’s normal (I know plants droop during lights out)…but about an hour before lights our and an hour into lights on Zu droops as if she’s protecting her insides…almost like a Spartan formation from “300”. Really interested if this is the plant’s circadian rhythm? Perks up during lights on so I haven’t been too worried.

Before lights out (end Day 22)

Lights on (Day 23)

Into lights on, new training on the top. Training side branches to try and keep them all level…will try to make an even canopy with the main cola as they come out. Pics are overexposed from the light :confused:

Going to start slowly adding in supplemental photo (660 nm) and far (730 nm) red LEDs at the start and end of each cycle.

3 Likes

Yup. No reason to be. Your plants are looking great!

3 Likes

Dank you :pray: I didn’t want to panic and start changing humidity settings, but wasn’t sure if I should be lowering RH at this stage? She seems to like high humidity, still at mid-upper 60% during lights on (76-78 F) and low 60% at lights off (70-72 F). Trying to keep it on the border of blue (early veg) and green (late veg/early flower) in the VPD chart @PreyBird1 posts :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Man I am just now finding your journal! Looking good so far! Ill set to follow!

5 Likes

This forum is straight up AM/PM’s business slogan…”Too much good stuff”. I keep stumbling upon new threads daily :grimacing: dank you for the kind words and welcome to my first journey @defnsmokn :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve posted this before but posts get lost in threads, feel free to give any critique or advice along the way. I’m here to learn and am nowhere near the level I want to be, i’m super open to criticism and comments :+1:

6 Likes

Got the red room going, trying before lights on (plus into lights on) and before lights out plus after. Not ideal 660 nm reds but at least got to invest in the RapidLED Far Red for the first go :+1:

She’s stretching like a mofo, got arms bent down and going to let them all stretch up now to even out with the main branch. At day 25 since breaking ground so we’re expecting to transition to flower in the next week, got three veg feedings in a row (last one was 1/4 strength each GH MaxiGro, BioRoot and CALiMAGic)…going with pH 6.4 distilled water next.

7 Likes

Day 30 - Swapped a 3000K T5HO “bloom” spectrum bulb (AgroMax) for one of the 6500K bulbs on day 29. Going to flush with distilled water to run-off and then start veg/bloom feeds. I’m really having fun with LST! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah. It’s kind of fun isn’t it?

2 Likes

It’s really fun Oly, so much fun I went past the 45* angle I was going for :joy: main branch is almost parallel to the medium at a point:

Really opened things up though, was able to get one of the first node branches across from the main branch (a little over a foot apart)…they’re almost equal height now but the pic perspective doesn’t show. All the baby buttons between them are about equal height with each other (first pic the iPhone focused on the main so everything else is blurry :expressionless:). Some fan leaves have taken a few punches but are rolling through

My fave perspective, birds eye and some close ups

Pics are Day 34 from breaking soil. Going to cut off a single leaf (lowest worst looking fan) at next lights on, haven’t taken anything off yet. Should be about halfway to the finish line!!! My main goal has been to just get a harvestable product…quality and quantity are parameters i’ll go after once my feet are truly wet in this growing game.

Got a couple new additions (humidifier being delivered tomorrow to get nighttime RH down). Giving about another week until I start the AN Bud Candy. Dank you @TheMadFlascher for the EC discussion we had, has already given me some insight to the salt buildup I was having :pray:

Hope y’all are enjoying a safe and happy weekend! :v::green_heart::smiley:

5 Likes

She’s looking really good :+1:t3: she also looks nice and symmetrical!

3 Likes

Glad to contribute @jaxsonl5. I believe you’ll exceed your expectations, and receive the pleasure you can only attain by ‘paying it forward’!

2 Likes

Danks @OlyBoy, trying to get a nice circular structure back…looking egg-shaped right now :laughing:

@TheMadFlascher :pray: i’m big on paying it forward, def will for this community whenever I can :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas, the baby mamas, and the baby mamas mamas…sorry Ms Jaxson :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I am fo reeeeeaaallll. Can’t wait to spark a joint of this with my mom and pops :+1:

Day 35 - halfway-ish there, livin’ on a prayer :pray: took off the first serrated (single blade) leaves and one junky three blade leaf for my big “defol”. Going to give a couple more days and take a few more of the yellow nasty lower fans off.

The apical dominance is strong with this one! The main branch (right) and first node branch (left) were almost same height yesterday (main was about 1/2” taller). Happy Sunday Funday to all :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

I know what you mean. :rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes