Journal of my 30’x20’grow build from scratch

This is day 37 in Flower. I turned the co2 off to let them finish their last couple weeks out. They look great. I should get 2 plus from this light. I will miss this little dialed in room I built when I close her down. Hahaha getting closer to the big room being back up. I will show pics of that after a bit. Here are some of the day 37 pics from last night.

11 Likes

Kickass! Can’t wait to see the big Room running again.

3 Likes

Day 42 in the flowering cycle in my temperary built room. The big grows are getting close to being turned back on after all the upgrades I did. Anywau, These are looking good. Lots of frosting. Even my fan leaves have trichomes on them. Im going to deffinately ice wash those seperately to see what I get.

17 Likes

Looking like some danks buds there. Nice growing @bullfrog420 . Happy harvesting.

3 Likes

Thank you!!! Im wondering what these ladies are going to test at. I will post those numbers up later too.

4 Likes

What’s up my Brotha looking Damn good as usual. I was looking for ya on the other forum. Ill hit you back later.
What do you guess your weight will be from the mini Room?

3 Likes

I think the weight will be between 1.5-2lbs. Not sure in this one. I don’t usually use trellis netting like this. I am excited to find out! Lol

5 Likes

Whats up my man.

2 Likes

What ya have growing there my brother?

Im going to share with you some of my techniques and timing. When I look through my microscope and I know its harvest time I will let the day cycle end, and turn the light timer off. They stay in the dark with only a small fan circulatong air in the room. Then when the lights would have come back on, about an hr in, is when I start my harvesting. Yes, there is specific reasons why I use this time line, but thats way more indepth and will have to be another post up. So, I trim fan leaves off and discard them to the fire pit pile first, then I trim the sugar leaf off and put it in the future hash process pile. The plant is then cut down at the base and hung upside down to dry. When the stems get to where they bend with a slight stiffy, but no cracking or snapping, I cut the bud off and put it all in glass jars. Thats when I start the curing process of burping. As for the sugar leaf, what I plan to make is what dictates the dry. If making live rosin or bubble hash it will go in the freeze box, if making keif I will spread it out to dry in my dry room to dry out slow and normal. Also,big thanks to my buddy for letting me utilize one of his buildings for the temp grow set up.

11 Likes
I hope you guys enjoyed or liked the temperary room set up I ran for a cycle. I have to give my buddy props and much thanks for letting me use his building for that cycle. Now its time to get this post back on track. 
Im back on the big room. Getting  the hemp plants bigger at the same time to prep for cutting clones for Spring outdoor planting!!!! I will be doing more room work while doing plant work in there for a bit. I have to carry those ballast up in the attick still too. Grrrrr hahaha

10 Likes

Nice my man how ya doing. Was wishing your boy a happy B-day

2 Likes

Doing good!!! Its crazy he is 21 now…crazy!!!

4 Likes

Man how time flies right!

4 Likes

LAB:
I forgot to show you guys the lab I put together. So…The outside of the big grow I am framing in and making a nice sized veg room and a nice sized hash shed for processing. I ended up building my lab in the other building, and its coming out great. I used gym matt on the floor. Glad too, cuz Ive dropped my 5L flask 3 times now and it just goes thump and hasn’t broke yet. Uhg. Hahaha then I put the stainless steel work tables together and started putting the lab equipmemt together. It came out great. In the last pic you can not see it, but to the right is a full tarped enclosed room about 10’x6’. Thats the future tissue culture lab I am working in now. The tarp was a make shift set up to make sure thats how I want it. I will hard frame it in later.

11 Likes

Looking great! :+1:

2 Likes

I love tools. I have no idea what all this stuff is, or what it’s for exactly, for all that matters but what I do know, is that it’s cool.

9 Likes

Ah I see some short path distillation with chiller, not sure if vacuum or not. Equipment I’ve done research on and understand the process but haven’t had the pleasure of using or seeing yet. Very exciting to set up a lab!

1 Like

@kbisneau vac is on the right side of table on the floor so it is just outside of the picture shot. Hahahaha it is there tho!!!
The vac pulls the evap ethanol thru the condensor coils on the rotary evap and also the fractional distilation sonit will cool and convert back to a liquid form.
My biggest problem at the beginning was keeping my chiller down to low temps with out it freezing the water in it. I read an article and follwed it when it said add some antifreeze to the chiller water. Way better…im pulling all the ethanol out of my winterized stuff now in an hour.

6 Likes

@bullfrog420 , may I ask, how do you keep your plants healthy (ex. white powdery mildew) with so many plants close together like that? I’ve been having an issue with it in my grow room. Thanks in advance!:blush:

2 Likes