Journal of my 30’x20’grow build from scratch

Bullfrog that’s awesome indeed. My grow space total is 36’x26’x8’ … I gutted my building when I bought it totally,it’s all block built half of the way into a hill slightly, took 2x4s tap-conned to outside walls then osb, wrapped it then vinyl siding… used XTs green board all the walls then stud walls with batting insulation.Dry walled rooms, New electric pole, 200 amp service…All rooms have in wall cadet 2500 watt heaters and thermostats 1 in veg 3 in flower(they never run that I know of), water inside building 4 stage, 2 10” exhausts out louvered casings all smooth piping wrapped, 3 mini splits ( bitch drilling 3” holes in block),18000btu in veg and 2 24000 btu in flower…
I have 4 leds and 1 1000watt halide in veg and 8 1000 watt sodium’s in flower vented out… In winter I have to run filtered intakes from attic to all temp controlled to cool rooms down it’s so insulated even with sodium’s exhausted…

Just started on a mother plant room it’s like 10’x8’ to get those mother plants out of veg and open veg room up for more plants…
Saw your room and thought man this poor guy has a lot of damn work to do and it’s a ton of work and a ton of money lol like to see that though and your doing a great job…Many L’s in that room :v:t2:

5 Likes

Hahaha thanks…I am building tables for the 4x8 trays and using wheels. I had designed the room for 16-1000w hps, but am about to put in 24 of them instead. Hahaha go big or go home rite…lmao. I should be able to bang between 45-60 lbs a harvest and I pull 6 harvests a year. I will get it done!!! Hahahaha hey,ligjting,if you research light spectea and the difference between red, far rd, and blue…the hps bulbs have more blue than the plqnts need, amd the metal halide bulbs have so mich bkue the plants do not absorb it anyway. An hps light in your veg is actually better than using a metal halide. The lab numbers proove it and plus ive done tons of side by side tests. I use hps for both flower and veg. Man, I have so mich to do still. Hahaha to add to your comments…drilling all those wholes into block aucks major ass hahahaha where your arms still vibrating later that night? Hahahaha I do like the split units tho.

5 Likes

Freshly winterized and filtered!!! Just need to do a little distilling now!!! Hahaha then I will go back to the grow build! Hahahaha

9 Likes

I have been a ghost on here for quite a while. My already poor internet got worse so I havent done much online stuff. I am out in town and have cell seevice so I thought I would show how my plants are doing in my little temperary room since I shut the big room down to do a modification. These cbg plants are 21 days in Flower.

13 Likes

Nice @bullfrog420 i whatsapped’ ya. Man those are looking fantastic since last time. Good to see your ghost bullfrog420 lol.

4 Likes

Preybird!!! I enjoy our chats brother. I am glad your getting better and better every day!!!
Here is a pic of those ladies. Day 32 of flowering today. The area is doimg something to the water. I had 1 plant in the back that yellowed hard and fast. I had same strain do that in 2 other rooms that are in other buildings. I went to the water I was feeding. My tap water is 160ppm 8.3ph now its all white and cloudy. I am teawarching ro systems again. Years ago they where 1:3 good to waste and thats terrible. Hipe they hot better in 20 yrs

9 Likes

Here is the temperary veg while I upgrade my big room. Time for more clones. The last clones ate doing well. They rooted out in 6 days.

8 Likes

Very cool @bullfrog420. Missed your threads. And B.s’n with yah. Yeah im back in the garden now. Been very busy. But only running about 8 plants now. 4 clones on the way also. Running 2 veg tents and 1 bloom tent.

4 Likes

Nice to see u back bull

2 Likes

Prey! It is so to see you able to work in the garden again!! Hoping your recovery continues on Quickly!!! Stay buzzed LOL

3 Likes

Thanks @beekeeper2 just trying to get back to work. Gardens going rehabs going. May get released for work on the 18th :thinking:

3 Likes

That is Great news Prey!!

3 Likes

The RO systems are still huge water wasters, but they work.

There may be other commercial type systems that don’t waste as much water, mixed media or sand type filers, that could work.

Are you recirculating your nutrients?

3 Likes

@PreyBird1 @bullfrog420 :joy::joy::joy: you guys are hysterical!! The mouse went for a ride on a bottle rocket…now I know where you two learned all this stuff from :upside_down_face: Me too, if it doesn’t fit right just take a hammer to it. My kids are the same way.

4 Likes

No I am not. I am top feeding and letting the run off become waste.

2 Likes

@happilyretired

1 Like

Here is the current pics of the temperary room I put together. I am finishing up an extraction then headed out to the big grow. I have 3 heaters to wire in and I am going to fire that room back up!!! Im about to blow my veg up big. Have my surround speakers ready to go and even prepping to be able to film videos. Why not. Lol

8 Likes

Looking great! Do you play music for the girls in the garden? My wife likes to sing to the plants and is giving me some insight on plants, water, and sound and the way they affect each other…

3 Likes

We were discussing the effects of music on plants. They really like violin music. I want a biowave mini to test this.

5 Likes

Theres some music that is classical mixed with bird song that is suppose to help plants.
Cant remember the name

3 Likes