Katmwall first grow!

Read up on LST my plant. I have now tied it down using a pipe cleaner to a rubber wire used for orchids.

I hope I’m doing this right! From what I’ve read they don’t recommend topping autoflowers and since it’s 3 weeks old I don’t really want to take that chance right now given that it might start flowering next week (Unless everyone thinks I should). I think I’ll try topping with my next round of plants. I hope I didn’t hurt lucky by bending it too much!

2 Likes

@katmwall Wow your plant’s looking healthy! you’ll be fine :slight_smile: plant will be okay

2 Likes

You’ll find even when you snap a branch… tape it up and shell keep growing. It does grow like weed.

2 Likes

I have a grow tent!!

I have my carbon filter and inline fan on low-medium. I think they affect the temperature in the grow tent. Currently it’s only 72 degrees in there. I don’t know how to make it hotter. I have lucky under the crappy light. I’m still trying to figure out how to get a better light. I know all the cords are on the ground right now and that’s a big no no. I plan on getting a better power strip and ziptieing it to the ceiling or wall. What do you guys think of my set up so far? I got my humidifier set to turn on and keep it at about 50%. This is week 3 of lucky’s growth. I have an oscillating fan on blowing up towards lucky but not directly on it. One vent in the bottom of the tent is open for air intake. Am I supposed to do that or keep them all sealed?

4 Likes

Airflow is best. Not massive, just light and breezy.

2 Likes

Yel i need a bigger osilating fan for my 10x10 tent

1 Like

Well I got a return label from growershouse.com but am afraid to send my non-damaged light back in. I have emailed them to discuss if I can return it even if it’s not damaged. Will keep y’all posted on the progress. Hopefully they say yes and I can buy that other light. In other news I got my perlite today… the bag is MUCH bigger than I expected.

I could fit inside the box! Now I’m just waiting on my compost, soil, and coco coir to be able to transplant lucky. I’m hoping it arrives soon and so do its nutrients. Shipping is really taking forever on some of this stuff. Lucky is doing really well and handling the LST like a champ. The bottom leaves are really starting to grow fast with that light directly over them. lucky looks a little wilted to me. Is that normal? I watered it yesterday so it shouldn’t be thirsty, the soil is still wet.

2 Likes

@katmwall nice work so far, you’ve done well on a budget. Knowledge and passion will always grow better than just shelling out senseless money!! Unfortunate about the light :frowning:.
If you are set on LED lighting there are videos on YouTube by a guy called Mr.canuk grows. He provides coupon codes for some of the equipment he uses and he only uses LED. some of the codes also work on Amazon. If im being honest I haven’t used any of the codes for the lights as I am an HID guy myself. However I used the code for the ac infinity fan and ducting and it worked.

As far as lucky goes, how often are you watering? Lucky looks a little over watered but I’m sure others will probably know better. As i am still learning as well

3 Likes

@mkneller33 I water once about every 3 days. I wait till the soil is dry/warm to the touch when I use the back of my 2 fingers to check the soil. I saw it in a video on this website. I will definitely check out that guy’s videos. Any educational tool that is out there I will gladly take!! There’s so much to learn about growing!

Yummy, those are awesome looking budz @preybird1 !! :drooling_face::clap::fire:

Awesome @katmwall, congrats on getting the grow setup going full speed! Looking great, can’t wait to see the flowering stage :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Too much water leave it alone until the leaves start to point upwards. Then water a little. Like @mkneller33 said. Leaves pointing down always means somethings up. My plants are always happy when there reaching up to the light. Soon you will understand this also. Part of growing is to become a grower. NOT A CHART GROWER. Watch the plant it will talk to you in ways you had no idea were even possible. Amazing just listen and watch her speak :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Good news! Growershouse.com is returning my light! They are charging a 20% restocking fee but it’s better than getting stuck with a horrible light. I plan on getting the light that preybird suggested instead! Lucky is still looking a little limp, I think it’s because I need to transplant her. I got the FF ocean forest potting soil in. I’m waiting on the compost and coco coir or should I just transfer her now into the bigger fabric pot and only use the perlite and soil? How bad is it to be in too small of a pot for too long? Also I noticed my fan stopped working so I need a new oscillating fan in my tent.

here’s lucky today. I noticed the top leaves are yellowish/orangeish around the tips. What do you think could be causing this? It’s not flowering yet is it?

1 Like

thays cool AF. The triple board light will kill it all day compared to that one they sold you.

2 Likes

I got my nutrients!! Someone said to always do the silica first. How would you best recommend feeding this all to my plant? I haven’t given it any nutrients yet so I don’t really know how much to give and when. I do have a PPM meter if that helps and pH up and down and a pH meter.

here’s everything that I have. lucky is 3 weeks old so far.

1 Like

I transplanted Lucky into her big girl pot last night! My compost has yet to arrive so I used worm castings instead. I did a mix of 1/4 perlite, 1/4 Coco coir, 1/4 worm castings and 1/4 FF ocean forest potting soil. It’s in a 3 gallon fabric pot. Here is what it looked like last night.

I watered her a little last night to help with the transplant. Should I do anything else or watch out for anything now that I’ve moved her into her forever home?

1 Like

Try to stay in one thread. Separating them will make your Journaling system hard to manage. Keeping in the one thread will allow you to see where you did, what you did, when you did it.

It also helps others to learn from your progress.

1 Like

I didn’t know if people were more likely to answer a question in a new post or if people would get to it if I posted it on here so I figured I would try both. But that is a good point. I will try to keep my posts on this thread so I don’t need to jump around. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

I’m also wondering if my leaves are pointing down because of my light? Is that possible? That it’s not strong enough which is why lucky looks so sad?

1 Like

No its overwatered

2 Likes
1 Like