Katmwall first grow!

Lucky is starting to come back to life but it took a hard hit.

it’s new leaves look fine but the old ones are turning yellow or brown. I got some stuff to flush it’s roots because my other grower friend thinks it may have root rot. She also is sending me CalMag to supplement it’s nutrients. The leaves aren’t curling down anymore though, they are now sticking straight out. Hopefully they point up towards the light soon. I’m watching how much water lucky gets very closely. I’ve increased the humidity in my grow room to 60% yesterday per the chart recommendations that prey gave me to give lucky its best chance. I’m expecting it to start flowering soon because it’s supposedly an auto. I’m waiting to change the light cycle until it starts flowering because if I can keep it in its vegetative stage for now, I want it to get a little bigger.

3 Likes

9/28/2020

So I just checked on lucky and I think it might be a girl!! What do you guys think???

I also switched lucky back to the 24:0 light cycle. I read in my book that the 18:6 can sometimes cause hermaphroditism, especially in poor genetics plants that were hermies already. Seeing that I got my seed from bag seed I’m guessing the plant I got it from was a hermie, which explains how I got the seed. So I don’t want to stress it at all or give it any reason not to be female. I tied one of the fan leaves out of the way so more bud sites can get light as well. Please let me know if you think it’s a girl. Pic is from near the top of the plant at the node. I know it’s not the leaves that are growing there but if you look closely I think I see pistols? Does that mean that it’s about to flower and I should switch the light cycle to 12:12? It’s supposedly an auto plant so it might have started flowering or is preflowering Already. This is my first plant so still don’t know exactly what I’m looking for here. Let me know what you think! :grin: thanks guys!

2 Likes

If it’s an auto flower I would leave the lights on a 24:0 autos will flower when they feel like it. You might be in luck with it being a female tho I would wait a few days just to be sure.

1 Like

Lucky is doing pretty good now that I’ve stopped watering so much. My new rule of thumb is if I think it needs to be watered, I give it one more day. :joy: better to underwater than overwater. Still getting this watering thing down. My grower friend is sending me dr zymes to flush the roots for root rot. I’m waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Also waiting on the rest of the stuff to arrive so I can build my light! I can’t wait for my light to be better. My only concern is it’s been so long since I bought my original light that they might no longer return it. (Since I cant return it till my new light is up and running). I’m hoping that maybe I can get store credit and buy the DaKine 420 nutrient starter kit with the money. We will see what happens. At this point I have tried my best. If they don’t take it back I can always use it for seedlings and vegging. Here’s a pic of lucky yesterday, she’s getting big!!

5 Likes

Looking good @katmwall!

1 Like

coming along very nicely!

2 Likes

10/1

Lucky has some white speckles of powder like substance on its leaves today. I noticed when I went to refill my humidifier. Someone suggested it’s pre-mold but It’s not sticking to the leaves so I’m not sure. Here’s pics if you can make out what I’m talking about.

to deal with it I increased airflow in my tent by adding an oscillating fan and turning my inline fan up a bit. I also decreased the humidity to 60%. I’m wondering if I should do some preventative measures to keep the mold away? Like a spray or something. I would hate for my first crop to be ruined by mold. here’s some more pics of lucky today. Also should I keep LST my plant or let it grow naturally at this point? It’s in pre-flower on a 24:0 light cycle currently. Also I believe it’s an autoflower strain which apparently makes a difference for plant training. As always I super appreciate all your advice and help!

1 Like

its looking way better now… you probably had damaged your roots a tad from the over watering. but she looks like she bounced right back and is looking nice. you can pull out those ulgly leaves… they are serving little use at this point. your plants would probably be a tad bigger if all that didn’t happen… but you have to make mistakes to learn. they are looking way better now tho… good job on getting it back on track

2 Likes

It has been determined that it is not pre-mold on my plant and I’m praying that people are right. Although, my grower friend says dr zymes will help with the roots and any other possible mold. So win win! I’m still getting this watering thing down though. It’s really hard for me to get the right amount of water every time. I’m debating letting lucky grow wild at this point instead of continuing to LST it. How long do you normally LST a plant? Lucky is in pre-flower so I don’t want to stress it too much and make it go hermie.

1 Like

We go back and forth. Its still us reading this lol.

1 Like

Sorry I’m a handful.

1 Like

That’s okay. I don’t think you’re a handful. Lolz. Me on the other hand… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m a lot sometimes. :rofl:

3 Likes

no stress on yourself - remember at the end of the day - it’s a weed…

once your new light is lit - you will be happy - like standing on the sun happy…

:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Oh I can’t wait! I’m so stoked!! I’m hoping to get it installed this weekend!!

1 Like

Update on lucky 10/3/2020

I have finally gotten my dr zymes and gave lucky a foliar treatment to protect against mold and a soil drench to deal with the potential root rot. I watered the dr zymes into the soil with DI water pH adjusted to 6.3. Lucky still looks pretty wilted and is displaying the claw on some of the leaves. Also some leaves are twisted I believe this to be a symptom from the root rot. It could be excess nitrogen since I started the plant in Miracle grow initially. :woman_facepalming:t3: I have turned off the light for the next 4-5 hours so dr zymes can dry off the plant’s leaves before the light turns back on. I have also decreased the speed of the fan and pointed it lower so the wind isn’t hitting the plant as much. Hoping that it shows improvements tomorrow. Hopefully I should also be installing my light tomorrow so that’s exciting! :grin:

3 Likes

Exciting news all! My dad is helping me wire an outlet exclusively for my grow tent. (He doesn’t want me blowing a fuse with the new light. Lolz) then we will be installing my new light and tidying up my grow space. Pictures soon to follow! Lucky is doing…alright. I think it’s starting to show the problems of planting in miracle grow. :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3: Welp. Now I know for next time. Will keep you posted on progress.

2 Likes

Lucky got it’s new light today!!! We Wired a whole new fuse for a new outlet so I don’t break the fuse for my whole basement. Lolz. The pedestal is now gone. Lucky is on the floor. I’m going to put something under lucky tomorrow to insulate it against the cold of the floor of the basement. (It’s unfinished concrete). Here’s pics!

I continued to LST lucky by cutting some tiny holes in the pot it’s in to tie down some of the branches.

4 Likes

Getting close to defoliation time…

1 Like

I keep the inside trimmed up for good air flow. Keeps her from getting to humid

1 Like

Don’t go to much. Steer on the side of to little.

1 Like