Lets talk about our pets

Yes, that’s what happens when I get baked up and get ideas. :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Agreed, very interesting design. Looks old, but new. Howdy, Chika Dolly Cash and Rambo.

5 Likes

This isn’t the exact kit I used but very similar. Took me and the wife 5 days…and that was with medicine🙄

7 Likes

I can’t believe you built your goats their own house… that’s crazy Boo! You honestly don’t have a Billy the goat? But seriously the connection’s at the corners to the roof look difficult. I want the corner bed for sure… like a tucked in lil fort! I like it…

7 Likes

You got it my man. Actually that’s a chicken coop. The goat haven is down the way 100 yards. Lol. Ill build you a bunk.

5 Likes

Love the area I live in, wild and free. Because of the heat we have seen a number of snakes in the last 2 weeks, boomslangs, natal bush snakes, puff adders and just yesterday looking over my new cannabis patch, a cape cobra!!! 7th snake spotted in a couple weeks! These are very deadly snakes if they get the chance to bite you. Luckily they are very shy and will move away if given a chance. Our puppies spotted it, but with a little bit of a push, went back into the bush. Oh and this was a fairly small cape cobra, not fully grown, I would say just over a 1 metre long. I hate killing creatures, but if they come close to our house or are breeding, I make that call. It was beautiful to watch this fine creature lift its head and move along.

Cape cobras will rather flee from humans than attack and bite them. They do not spit venom, but bite instead, transmitting a very powerful and fast acting neurotoxic venom. Any bite from a Cape cobra is life-threatening and needs urgent medical care.

10 Likes

Damn, our biggest problem around here is gophers and voles !!

6 Likes

you have a good heart where i come from a poison snake is dead but not wasted if they have enough meat they will make a gumbo .

4 Likes

My blue staff puppy, he doesn’t leave my side.

14 Likes

Killer Pocket-pup !!! Gotta love it !!!

6 Likes

Ahhhh, wishing you many happy years ahead. What a soldier.

5 Likes

He’s amazing I understand the bond people have with there pets now he’s like a best friend and a son at the same time thanks Chris

8 Likes
My husband and I recently got a dog. Initially, we wanted a shepherd, but we realized that this option was not for us. Our choice was the Labrador breed. Training a Labrador puppy is an important and rewarding element. Character traits such as intelligence and a desire to please have made this breed highly trainable. As soon as we brought it into our home, we began to educate and train it. Labradors are amiable dogs, so our puppy communicated well with strangers from its birth. We read much information on the Internet for its training and education, consulted with experts, and tried many techniques. Dog Training was one of our initial goals.
6 Likes

I was the exactly the same I wanted a shepard and thought one would be two big now I have a blue staff, when he’s older I’m for sure getting a shepard.

You’ll make it work with the bond and love you grow for them.

Good luck

4 Likes

My son’s neighborhood has a lot of unspayed (etc.) cats, so they are always finding kittens left outside, take them in, have them fixed, find them homes, etc. They plan to get a trap, trap all the area cats and have them fixed at a low cost spay place. Here is their latest find:

I have him saving the two dark nose siamese kittens for me even though this is the stupidest decision to make at this time in my life. But, really? Is there really a ‘best’ time to take in a KITTEN??? I’ve had a lot of loss in the last year or two (elderly cat; scrub jay Birdie (the worst loss of all); job I had for 18 years; potential home purchase (can’t get a mortgage without that job, right?); burglaries; stuff I can’t disclose in public; etc. Also, I rent and have rented the same place for 12 years now but am not allowed to have pets, although I do have one evil cat named Cujo, who tragically MURDERED the scrub jay we raised for 9 weeks and released, leaving images I’ll never be able to erase.

Talk me out of taking in a new kitten or two … LOL … I’m the best pet owner one can have. I’ve always thot that heaven would be me as a cat owned by somebody like me. LOL …

I want a dog, too, but with the rental thing, I don’t see that happening until I buy my own home.

8 Likes

Those bastards are CUUUUUTTTEEE

7 Likes

What an awesome thread!!!

6 Likes

A picture of Rasta, the youngest donkey on our farm. Shortening the grass and looking after the outdoor weed plot.

12 Likes

What a great treat for your livestock ! Solid post ringed with car wash pads !!!

https://americasbestpics.com/video/Iz9EhDDC9?s=e_og1c

4 Likes

My newest monster … still deciding on a name for him. He is about 10-11 weeks old and came to us with the name Jotaro

7 Likes