Looking for Cannabis myths to "bust"

There are more myths in growing cannabis then truths . I can understand that because it was prohibited crop to grow , and people who used to be first to grow they approach the plant on different way as ART , from agricultural point there are not a lot myths that needed to be busted , the agriculture is old thousands of years , the first scientific knowledges came because of the agriculture . And to be honest i think the cannabis growers dont have enough knowledge comparing with people growing other crops , because of that approach to the plant as ART . I dont blame them i dont think is wrong , some people feel better with that approach . Like i said how many people understand PH and Alkalinity in cannabis world very few , ask any grower of other crop will tell you about PH and Alkalinity , CEC Base/Saturation . And the manufactures sense that and they start playing the game, the ART game selling things in bottles for everything , bottle for terpenes , bottle for bigger buds , bottle for more smelling buds , bottle for terpenoids , biopesticides that showing 0% efficiency and etc .

But for me the biggest myth is adjusting the solution PH ( to be honest i didnt know at the start either ) and rootbounding . The second i dont know if its even possible in soilless mediums , my mother sometimes are 6 feet tall in 3 gallons , doing great . Not saying i recommend that , but i dont know if its possible , i guess it is but it needs to be something crazy big in small pot …

2 Likes

The last study i was reading it was from some Lithuanian University comparing cannabis plants fed with CANNA and some cheap fertilizer ( u can find it on net ) , they didnt found any difference in yield , even the cheap fertilizer it was showing just slightly bigger yield . I dont think they need the study , its obvious just read the bottles . But then you have so many people using CANNA and of course starving plants with food-water or with water-water-food schedule because you cant afford for constant feeding , and even like that they spent thousands of dollars $$$ . Go and explain them , impossible - the food is the biggest expense for them instead to be the lowest .

1 Like

Rootbound is a real thing. The smaller the pot the smaller the plant. U want to keep a plant small keep it in a small pot.

As soon as I transplant a plant into a larger pot it bursts. Just like planting them directly in the ground. I’ve had them get 12 ft tall.

2 Likes

Why I love 35-50gallon pots… they grow a beautiful 5-8’ with out the monster plant issues… I love a 12’… the weather where I live doesn’t…lol…

2 Likes

Of course it will bursts , when plant get bigger they burst and they more resilient on everything . You could leave it in same pot it was gonna burst , just patience give the time to form root ball and get strength . And the comparison needs to be with empiric methods , not just like that . Even in medicine when they test drugs they have 3 groups : group taking the medicine , group thinking that they take the medicine ( placebo ) and group not taking . Sometimes we see what we want to see …

I would just correct myself growing in organic - yes bigger pot better ;
But growing with salts in soilless mediums - better to form that root ball and easier control root environment more frequent feedings , more dry-wet , more yield , with good aerated medium , actually the hydroponic is everything about it , taking advantages .

2 Likes

Even in hydroponic. More gallons bigger yield.

1 Like

I know in outdoor crops turn purple by letting them the grow late into the fall passed first frost.if you do the same with purple genetics like GDP they almost looke black

Its a genetic thing , if doesnt have predisposition it will not turn , no matter how cold it is …

1 Like

You remind me on my neighbor, she is one of them that grow the plants as art , she excavated a huge hole in the ground for her outdoor . At the end she was ‘’ i was expecting more yield ‘’ , the hole was so big like 500 gallons big , of course she pulled a little more then pound and half , less then me , btw i plant outdoors in 40 gallons …been there done that !

1 Like

There is a point where u have gone over the return. U can only expect the bigger pot to get u so far. But it is the concept.

I dig a hole big enough to fit my stalk and cover it. No bigger. Why dig a big hole? Just to fill it in? I plant directly in the ground no planter.

1 Like

I have seen a meme about hemp being planted for radioactive areas. Stating it was on the same vibration and able to repair the issues. I’d be interested in where this has come from. IMG_8259

2 Likes

I wouldnt want to smoke it :face_vomiting::nauseated_face::grimacing:

Or mayb I would :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_facepalming:t2: lol

3 Likes

I’m game to smoke it, it might make me normal :wink:

3 Likes

Who wants to be normal?
Who want to be like the common sheep following trends made by money hungry asshole ??

3 Likes

Now that’s an interesting one…

2 Likes

This is what i am talking about . People will hear some information and they make hypes , someone will translate wrong , someone will add something and then we have quote like this ‘’ vibration ‘’ - like some magic its happening . Its actually very simple thing called phytoremediation , where bioaccumulators like the hemp and marijuana ( and many other plants ) have ability to store big quantities of nutrients , especially toxic heavy metals .

Many fertilizer companies they claim they have very little heavy metal content in their bottles , and they comply with state rules , but if you feed bioaccumulator plants with those bottles you will finish with final product full with toxic heavy metal , especially some types of extractions that dont filter heavy metals .

If you grow organic you have more chances to finish with heavy metals , and you will be surprised if you test your organic extractions on heavy metals …

3 Likes

To go overboard on soil is dependent on size of plant imo. Check out George Cervantes at Oregon with the sunseekers on u tube :wink: and tell me size of soil don’t matter haha.j can buy a cheap house with any plant in the outdoor garden lol for reals trees u could put a tree stand up in them babies.theg have a great example and answer to this debate haha. Check out the two feilds with smaller loads of dirt.they were all ,like every one was half the size with just one dump truck load of soil instead of three haha. These are bad boys!!! No questions in my mind on this one haha.it is organic btw;)

6 Likes

Ok, so it looks like it could…

What does it mean for consumption (smoke/dab/eat) with a plant that accumulates heavy metals. @eldinuplijak

1 Like

This is pretty neat stuff!

1 Like

Depends from the final product , lets say :

• in the cannabis flower you may find little concentration of heavy metals
  • extractions like oils they go through the reverse osmosis , so the final product will be clean from heavy metals
  • the biggest problem are the mechanic extractions , like lets say buble water hash , you will finish with concentrated product of cannabinoids but with concentration of toxic heavy metals too .
  • when we talk about heavy metals in negative way we talk usually about the 4 toxic heavy metals : cadmium , lead , arsenic and mercury ; which are not biodegradable and they cant be flushed ; other heavy metals as zinc , iron , copper are useful for the plants and human body ; so when we talk about heavy metals in a bad way we talk usually about those 4 , which are most common for heavy metal poisoning ;
3 Likes