Magi's Grow and chatroom

I use AC Infinity and Vivo Sun exhaust systems. I got the Vivo to test and still use it. I have AC Infinity in six , Vivo in two. They both work well.

I run HLG & KIND LED Lights. I own/tested an AC Infinity Ionbeam and replaced it , too much light diminishment on the ends, even though four foot coverage was claimed

6 Likes

I donā€™t disagree that gorilla is a good brand. Iā€™ve had 2 gorilla tents one I still use. What I donā€™t like is the price and the fact that when my room lights are off and the clone tent light is on(100 watt led ) I can see a dim glow of light through the material, within 6 months the foil/ Mylar interior started to bubble up and separate , the zippers are extremely stiff and I have to hold the tent in place so it doesnā€™t move when unzipping it and knock everything over and I paid 120$ for it. So personally Iā€™m not impressed for what it cost. , I bought a 45$ tent off Amazon and it is built as good if not better , rolled and wrapped seams , smooth operating heavy duty zippers.thicker outer canvas So far Iā€™m happy and if it only last a year , Iā€™m still ahead of the game spending 1/3 of what the gorilla tent cost me.Iā€™m all about keeping the cost down, but I donā€™t have any issues spending the money if it worth it. Just not into wasting money . I donā€™t think The gorilla tent is worth what they cost. .just my experiences and opinions

6 Likes

I have had the opposite experience .

7 Likes

My brother is a commercial grower has 15 gorilla tents half of them are perfect the other half have issues . So I donā€™t know. Maybe I got one made on a Friday payday. Lol. But it kinda pushed me away from spending that kind of money to not last any longer than the cheap ones

8 Likes

I apologize for having a different opinion/experience than you.

You are right. Have a nice day.

6 Likes

@wow_arizona Oh no donā€™t apologize my friend. Thatā€™s part of this great community, to share our experiences and knowledge with each other. I like the tent. Just not impressed because of the cost and my experience So I chose a different route is all. Everything is expensive anymore and I donā€™t want my grows to cost me dispensaries prices :joy::rofl:

9 Likes

Have a nice day.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: @bigj

5 Likes

Thanks bro, i split so everybody is happy i take one gorilla en one other:p and try :rose::heart::pray::snowman_with_snow:

6 Likes

If i could go back in time and start again i would of bought the best light i could have. You just cant get the results im sure your looking for with a subpar light. Next i would make sure you have an exhaust fan its important you set that up right. Intake air at the the bottem. After that your goi g to be spending money on randomness. Heater ac humidifier dehumidifier fans pots nutes yadda yadda. You can keep building as you go it all starts with quality light!

9 Likes

Thanks mate verry good speak :speaking_head::stuck_out_tongue: :heart:. Do you have tips of best light or that light u recommended ? @nwnative ?

6 Likes

Lmao im saving up for hlgā€™s scorpion diablo. I hear really good things on all hlg lights. First you need to know what your tents footprint is. Then look for a light that fits. Just go with full spectrum so you can use it through the whole grow. Alot of guys on here can vouch for hlg. I am currently using spider farmer sf2000 which is entry level imo. I do get waaay better results than using a cheap light or blurple.

5 Likes

I thought your purpose for your post was to get opinions. I simply offered mine. I did not negate or state anybody elseā€™s experience was false, nor try to convince anyone that because of my experience mine had better value. I simply stated what my experience was.

And and, in my opinion, I concur with one of your replying posters, get a great light, you wonā€™t grow good weed with a crappy light

11 Likes

Yes I appreciate all info :pray::rose: @wow_arizona

10 Likes

Ive got 2 gorilla tents and 6 vivosuns and 1 hydrocrunch. I like them all. The gorillas have the best zippers and weight hanging ability. If you use the shit out of your tents you should get 3-6yrs of use before replacing them again. Buy them of marketplace or used cheaply vs new. I founf 3x new tents last year on a local website for 1/3 the price.

13 Likes

All Iā€™m hearing about is lights and tents. A second spent on fans. Thatā€™s fairly well covered. Another item that is very very important. Is a good pH meter. Better yet with a big budget. Two of them. The blue labs is a top-notch unit. Many others on here have that also.

There is a lot of good growers on this forum. I think you should decide what media you want to grow in and start there. There is a bunch of good lights out there. Good for different reasons. Cruise around and look at some of these grows. Go check out @treetrunks or @PreyBird1 or @nacho151. check out the new kid on the block thatā€™s a natural. Growing fire out of the gate @HostileHippie420. thereā€™s many more also. You can search in the top right corner to find whatever you need for the most part.

When you decide what media you want to grow in, then find a grower that grows in that media. Let that person mentor you and other people will chime in with suggestions. Trying to listen to 10 different people can be problematic. :+1:t3::v:t3:

11 Likes

Thank you for the kinda words! I am always here if I can help in any way !

7 Likes

I honestly use Ac Infinityā€™s set up I have a 3x3 an 4x4 soon to add another 5x5 by them Iā€™ve had good luck with them so I donā€™t fix what hasnā€™t brokeā€‹:man_shrugging:t3::man_shrugging:t3: but allot of others know far more about lighting than I even pretend to know lol

9 Likes

Who can link me a good light donā€™t tink about the price:p I will use gorilla tent 5x5

I donā€™t know with one to chose so manny to pick :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Them lumitek ones u showed r pretty slick. Add a uva bar or 2 for each light and u have a sweet light setup nice tents best start there. Ac fans u got picked r good stuff. Down to media pH pen and nutes now.

6 Likes