Making hash? A little advise? Using bubble hash bags

Thanks for the kind words. I like it here a lot. Thats why i hang around like stray cat. Lots of wonderful folks here. And love to read a lot also. And i truely love to help people when i can.

5 Likes

Hi @PreyBird1. Your original question was how to get the most out of your bags. If you have access to dry ice you will get a lot more than regular ice. Also you can run your trim up 3 times. My 2nd run of trim would sometimes yield the same as the first. Good luckā€¦

5 Likes

Wow thanks. I have a 1/2 lb of trim ready try. Thankyou for your response.

4 Likes

Are you talking dry ice sift here with the bagsā€¦

5 Likes

Yes. I have not been able to get dry ice and would like to try it.

3 Likes

Next run I do I am going to try getting my hands on some dry ice. I have heard nothing but good things about it other then getting burnt from it I guess like frostbite :cold_face:.

2 Likes

Yeah gloves are a must it will take the skin off if handled wrong

3 Likes

nice that looks cool

2 Likes

ā€¦lolā€¦ I thought we were talking bubble hashā€¦lolā€¦ I would never use dry ice for thatā€¦ I would be scared to shatter the plasticsā€¦ and freeze everything too solidā€¦lolā€¦

3 Likes

@Packee laughs at me as when we run the closed loop I bare hand it all the timeā€¦lolā€¦ but it is -109F so you better have callousesā€¦lolā€¦

3 Likes

Your so crazy Pete but in a good way :love_you_gesture:t2:

2 Likes

Baby :baby: :poop:? :wink:

1 Like

use dry ice to make Kief which can be rolled/pressed into hash

3 Likes

Yes ! trying to figure out what 3 bags to use 45 -90-16 microns

2 Likes

Thanks interesting - the way I decarb is not oven but crock pot - cooking it for 1 hr (high) at 180-200 degrees and then 4 hr.s on low - works everrytime - Have decarbed with oven ;rather use coock pot

2 Likes

Interesting machine !!! Think will use 2 bags a 45 and 160 microns with dry ice maybe the 220 ? Last time started with a 90 micron and then 160, anything bigger than 73 generally isnā€™t used for hash (ref : Hashish by Robert Clark ( the #1 book and hash)

2 Likes

No man dry ice is easy and works very well will never use bubble machine again nothing freezes - whole process take 5 minutes (+/-)

3 Likes

Thanks for the reading materials hawk! Good looking out.

2 Likes

Hey guys and girls! I just bought the 4 bag set 220, 120, 73 and 25. I have trim that is dried and in bags. Is this ok to use or do we want to to do it where trim is still wet and fresh? I see above where it is ok to run cured bud soā€¦

6 Likes

@beekeeper2
Go for it will work fine. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes