My first set up and little one

and honestly… i’m all about it! i do NOT wanna mess this up. I’d cry… no joke.

3 Likes

The biggest mistake we make when we start is fiddling too much with our plants. Just make sure she doesn’t dry out for the next couple of days and she’ll be stronger. It will then be easier to fix if you make a mistake!

6 Likes

ok gotcha, i’ll watch her water for sure. I can’t wait to watch her grow!

4 Likes

I dont use advanced nutrients, but if kap says dont ph, then dont ph, I use General Hydroponics and I keep my ph at around 5.8.

7 Likes

yeah i’m not gonna ph… she seems to be doing just fine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I will be starting soon…do you have any suggestions?

3 Likes

Yep! Patience and make sure you have everything ready to go before you even start! I made the mistake of… not doing that and it was frustrating waiting for everything to get to my house to move onto the next steps if you will. If at all, you need help just make a thread on the forum and people can and will help you. Everyone here is lovely and very willing to share their knowledge. Welcome! and have fun!

8 Likes

When you decide to flip to flower your gonna wanna add another light i have one of those maxsisun 1000w they pull 230ish watts from the wall it will work for one plant if you drop it down closer yo the plant at flip

7 Likes

Well, that may be a HUGE problem. I’ve hit my “limit” on what i can spend on the card i have. So i have no idea how i’m going to be able to do that. :frowning: sigh.

5 Likes

And keep your canopy as level as possible. That light won’t penetrate very deep.

7 Likes

Sure, you don’t have the perfect lights yet. But don’t worry to much, @deusoboy420 and @pomeroymc both gave you great advice that will help. You can still get some nice buds with what you have… just not High Times magazine worthy yet… If you are doing it for yourself and not for profit, you have nothing to lose. Start learning about the lights and when you have at least one grow done, you’ll have a better idea what you can do… Otherwise, if you rush it too much, you’ll end up spending your hard earned monies on things you will want to upgrade soon… :nerd_face:

My first few grows were with much cheaper lights than what you have and I have made it anyway. Sure better lights = better buds but we just have to be patient and go with what we need, not what we want. (at first) :wink:

8 Likes

Where about are you located? @TrashPanda

7 Likes

I’m in the east coast. if you need more info as to where i can PM ya.

6 Likes

yeah, i feel as if i got way in over my head sometimes. i had a (what i like to call) high limit money wise and then bam… it was gone. Now i have what i have and that’s it for now. It’s frustrating to say the least.

6 Likes

That’s why I’m saying don’t rush… Plenty of nice people here to help you figure it out! :smiley: I’ve been there, heck I am still there. But slowly, I buy the right equipement when I can afford it and in the meantime I try to perfect my growing knowlegde… :nerd_face:
I would strongly suggest you read a few of the grow journals here. There are so many styles of growing it can be intimidating. Once you find a growing style you like, follow that grower. Ask them advices. Don’t be shy. As long as we are polite and respectful most everybody will want to help. Some of the growers here like to teach, some like to brag, but we all like to show off our plants!

I don’t know enough yet to be anybody’s mentor, but I could be a friend to everybody and try to steer you away from the pitfalls I went through. Others, like @deusoboy420 and almost every grower here would make a great mentor! :smiley:

11 Likes

Oh, i’ve been reading SO MUCH and i think i need a smallll break. Overwhelming to say the least. Like you said, there are so many roads to take when growing so i’m just… kinda reading and trying to take in what i can. The no money now thing is killing me though. Like, yesterday i thought my fan was going to break bc of the way it was moving, or lack there of and it made me panic until i realized i just had to push the button in further hahaha :laughing: if anything breaks/stops working… i am so… going to be in a very very bad spot.

9 Likes

If anything breaks, ask here first before rushing to buy replacements…
Those stoners are really inventive when the times comes to save their plants! All my life, people around me have been degrading and underevaluating cannabis cultivators and users, I have been here for a few months and I have had the most scientific conversations I ever had with intelligent people. A lot more than I ever had with “straight” people. If there is a way to do things, these people here will probably know about it! :nerd_face:

11 Likes

being here i feel like i have a good and FRIENDLY safety net. I don’t feel alone anymore. I feel like i can talk about what i’m doing instead of hiding it and i feel like i am among friends, feel at home. I’m SO glad @nick (i think it’s him/you who made this forum? please correct me if i’m wrong) and for everyone else who has helped me from day one. I’d @ you all but… there’s just to many! You are one of the many Kap! so thank you, thank you all! You have all lifted so much weight off my shoulders in so many ways. :heart:

14 Likes

I believe @nick started this up. Either way, you are right : Thanks GN!

11 Likes

Thank you for that! I didn’t create the forum, that was @nick, but we all strive to maintain this space for the exact reasons you described! I am very happy that you’ve found a place to comfortably share in your passion for cannabis!

15 Likes