My Outdoor Grow and beyond

My outdoor auto grow was a disaster. We been having water issues lately and making plans to fix the waterworks, with an outcome to get a regular supply of decent water. Currently down to about 5000 litres of water for all of us on the farm, most of the water we pump from underground is being used for the cabbages ( about 2000 ) we are growing.

Just planted about 50 cannabis seeds and a variety of strains, as well as three varieties of chilli plants, including a cherry pepper. Some friends gave me several plants which I transplanted about a week ago outdoors in soil. We also have a couple good looking plants popping up in our veggie garden from last seasons seeds.

I will post pictures in the morning as the day has already passed, here comes my late spring/summer grow.

6 Likes

Set to watch. I’m counting on you guys south of the equator to get my outdoor fix this winter. :wink::+1:t3:

3 Likes

Some ass is photo bombing your picture :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Bahahaha… that’s a good one :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Ran outside before the sun sets and grabbed some pictures. A bit of a late start to the season. Have about 15 plants rooted and vegging outdoors and three varities of seeds sprouted. And we are off… more updates coming soon.

The Seedlings

My Garden

MJs Garden

The Orchard and Ivy

6 Likes

Slow to catch the worm on my side, but planted all my seedlings today. Trying out some seeds called Ramblers Surprise, a couple durban hybrids and lemon haze. The peppers coming along nicely to.

Partners garden/ veggie garden growing like weed and coming along nicely.

Just planted a whole bunch of dragonfruit cuttings in tyres and mulched them. Hoping the fence line will be a good support for the offshoots and fruit.

Lovely time of year. Much needed rain, its also very colorful. Jacaranda and the silver oaks are flowering, and the san pedros to flower next.

Ivy keeping a watchful eye out for the monkeys, who are causing havoc with our chicken eggs, fruit and veggies.

5 Likes

Time to start taking pictures the right side up. Sorry guys, phones and me dont work.

3 Likes

A quick morning update. Been away for a couple days, lots of rain, clearing of weeds and mulching. Plus 2 days ago, realised and took the plunge in building a community from scratch. More about that later. Have a couple plant problems, a mite infestation and copper rust on about 4 plants. Just taken control of the garden again, so its a whole bunch of work and problems will be taken care of.

Black Domina ( mites )

Rust spots and mites

3 Likes

I’ve been getting sideways pictures also and some upside down. It’s only on this site. When I go to other sites I have no problem. :man_shrugging:

Looks like a heck of a start on your outdoor :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Had Simon Strainhunter at my place for the last couple days. So he spent sometime in my garden, giving advice and smoking some good weed.

5 Likes

Wow. Things have really changed here since your last post 24 days ago, hint hint. :wink::joy:
Your plants are looking a lot healthier. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hey, this is South Africa, we do things very slow here and then smoke a joint. Still got my blerry pictures upside down!!! Trust you well. Updates coming, not much to report back on, just proper growth.

1 Like

Glad to see that. As I recall it was a little bit stressful a while back. How did you wind up resolving your problem? Did it fix itself by chance?

2 Likes

Yes, @happilyretired , I cleaned out the infected leaves, removed lots of extra “bush” from the bottom up, did a light foliar spray of lime sulphur and plants are bouncing back. I still see signs of of fungi on the leaves, also found a melon plant fully infected with mites the other day.

Just a little worried about their height now as we going into the hot windy months, Jan/Feb, so thinking of topping most of them.

4 Likes

2022 was a total failure when it comes to home growing. Lack of attention, crazy weather, pets, dieseases and attention on new projects. Alot of my plants got fertilized by a new growers towering male, so they were seed from top to toe. Anyway this is what is left and going to be harvested soon.

There you have it. Looking forward to spring and the new season outdoors. Check out my indoor grow coming soon.

3 Likes