My Summer's Grow

My army of established clones is growing >smile< :slight_smile:
These gals are the first ones I cut and transplanted and within a few days they are ready to rock ‘n’ roll - I have a funny feeling that they aren’t going to let me keep them small for long which will create a conundrum whose solution is within the problem itself…

And a couple more cutting’s experiments and the 3 autos that will be in solo cup type pots and will be in my tents which are flowering so 11/13 light schedule - One popped yesterday The Mephisto cross - I did not do my normal germination process. I only soaked the seed in tap water for 2 hours and then directly in dirt an dunder the lights -

I have 3 more cuttings that are getting established in their small pots downstairs - I am surprised because these 3 didn’t look like they would make it in the soil but after several days they have convinced me they will be viable plants .
Thanks for looking.

9 Likes

I decided that I was NOT going to cause another light incident in early flower in my grows since my last 2 grows something dumb that didn’t need to happen happened - So I invested in a Y1 wifi camera so I can make sure that lights are out when they are supposed to be :slight_smile:
It was also nice to be able to stare at my big tent while I was waiting in my accountant’s office to do taxes haha
I will be taking the big tent to 36 hours of dark starting Sunday night and on a 11/13 schedule when they emerge.The feeding tube modification that I did is working flawlessly and allows me all kinds of possibilities that were not available before. I will be giving everyone their BBP application before lights out Sunday.

The small tent will stay in veg for 2 more weeks - They are younger than the big tent gals and also had some slow starters and I want to give them a chance to be the big beautiful girls I know they are… To that end, I put boh tents on a 16/8 schedule yesterday

My clone army has grown and there are 2 more downstairs that are still pretty ugly but turning around to my amazment

and a couple more experimental clones and the 3 autos that I just decided to drop/keep small/squeez in somewhere/and play around with
Thank you for looking and happy Weekend!!!

12 Likes

I hadn’t done a video in a while and I will be putting the big tent into the dark to night for 36 hours to begin their transition to flower - the small tent will stay in veg for 2 more weeks +/-

Everybody has well adjusted to their final pots and are ready to rock’n’roll - I will be giving them a bloom microbe tea through the tube tonight before I put them to sleep as well as a BBP application -
I can’t wait till Tuesday morning when I take a peek :slight_smile:
I have begun giving the res more pk (banana water)
Thank you for looking - have a great Sunday!

6 Likes

I’m totally gonna do that in the future!! I had to wait over 100 days! LOL … Nobody believed me until @OlyBoy stopped over and verified it.

6 Likes

I love that!! My kids got me a Ring cam for xmas after having too many car break-ins and a car stolen. It’s so fun to watch on my cell from elsewhere! I may have to consider putting a cam on my grows.

6 Likes

Progress update on my cloning experiment
Everybody and I mean everybody is established in their pots and using their roots to feed - I have been experimenting with BudBusterPro as a tool in multiple situations and different times in the plants’ life cycles and I am finding that it helps sick plants get better, and even promotes good root development on cuttings - I used a 2ml BBP per 8 ounce of RO water rate immediately after cutting and dipping and then again 7 days later and again when I transplanted approximately 14 days later. I did NOT saturate them, but rather a good, but light misting @TheMadFlascher - Bob- I would declare that BBP has been beneficial in my cloning of very thick central stalks -

Even the ugly ducklings have turned around - these two looked so bad I thought they would die but instead they are growing new leaves -

All of these cuttings will be going outside this summer -

Its hard to see but in the first picture are the 3 autos that I dropped and all have popped - I only soaked the seeds in water and 1000:1 em1 solution for 1 hour and then directly into the soil - 2 days later the first popped. - These are going downstairs into the small tent and will be under 11/13 bloom light schedule for most of their lives in solo or like pots…
I peeked at my girls in the big tent this morning with my camera
5f9b17e89a58700289adf306c02df0a3c892c81f
I gave everyone a bloom microbe tea last night just before lights out.
0e343fd43e2d1a3c25b072736f01d96d21fc11dc
The pic is 12 hours earlier than the pic in the pic above it - makes me happy…
they are all still in the dark all day.
It took ALL of my willpower to not open the tent - but then I remembered what my mother told me - good things happen to those that can wait - and the older I get the smarter my mother was…:slight_smile: Thank s for looking.

11 Likes

One of my favorite times in growing (I LOVE them all but) is after putting the tent into darkness for 36 hours initializing the flip to flower - This time I did have my camera which gave me an idea of how tall they were stretching but I couldn’t make out the budsite development until this morning.
What a happy sight!

I have added more pk (Banana Water) to their res.
Budsites are forming perfectly - it makes me happy

Thank you for looking…

14 Likes

This morning - more stretching and bud developing -e4d10ed05b1e67fa3209b81aa03a7d79a729620b_2_375x500
a3bb7f5f31aa97e15d5b80d87d53d63f66dcdde6

All the gals are showing their sex and early pistils -
I will only show one :slight_smile:

This is what the longer dark period does for the transition to flower - it quickens.
This is one day after turning the lights back on…

11 Likes

My clones are past the danger point and I declare they will make it to the summer :slight_smile:

Time to introduce them to you
In the back row starting from the left going right is
Pure Breeding - New England Cotton Candy Rock Candy
Fishermanseeds - Gorilla breath x Ceral Milk
Lovin in her eyes - Spanish Moon

In the front row starting from the left going right is
Pure Breeding/Green Bodhi - Rootbeer x GMO x Hazy Kush
Fishermanseeds - Platinum Garlic x Biker OG
and the last 2 on the right are
Special crosses - RS11 x Divine Gelato

I have a few more that are stabilizing - I am very happy with the results of using Athena.ag Cuts and BudBusterPro to help these gals grow big and strong -

And in the big tent everyone is stretching :slight_smile:

Thanks for looking…:slight_smile:

8 Likes

So the clones will be grown outdoors?

4 Likes

Yes - I have a current grow that will finish around the time that I can put some plants outside - I try to close down the tents for 2-3 months.
I am hoping I can also manage about 15 more seeds - I have alot of strains I want to try…:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sweet they should get huge, I pretty much do the same. I usually start mine mid April. Do you use a greenhouse?

5 Likes

I have a small portable greenhouse that I usually harden plants off in or if the weather doesn’t warm as usual - I had been starting my seeds end of march and putting them out early May here in NE - This year my tents are occupied with my current grow which I started later than normal so I don’t have the ability to take on too many plants - I can fir these clones in a light box and keep small till time to go outside.

6 Likes

Cool I’ll be watching if your posting pics. I’m in Mich. I have a self made greenhouse with a couple portable ones, because of the late fall nights of high humidity pretty much ruins my plants with rot. I Run a couple large dehumidifiers for the last 5 to 6 weeks.

7 Likes

Ive never heard of doing a 36 hr dark period to transition to flower? Interesting now i have to try that out!

7 Likes

@preybird1
Jake was the sales VP for Grow More nutrients -one of the biggest agro nute companies around - he was very knowledgeable about growing in general but also Cannabis specifically -
I created a playlist that if you wanted to listen there are several videos that he spoke - I recommend giving them a listen - I like to put my earbuds on and my iphone in pocket and take my puppy for walks and listen and learn -

I think he talked about the dark in a couple of these especially the longer ones haha
but they are all good.
I use some of their products like Avalanche and their honey and enzymes - They seem to have dropped out of the marijuana industry but they could have been a leader if they kept modernizing and specializing their formulas
I already got pistils after one day coming out of the dark on all the girls :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Nice im definatly gonna do that next flip. Its very interesting

6 Likes

@PreyBird1 - I have been tweaking this technique and found a real winner this last run - I gave the girls a bloom microbe tea with a little extra PK just before lights out - I think that is a big reason why I got pistils in one day after lights on - I hope it works as well for you too…

5 Likes

Thats interesting. I have been adding more roots organic hp2 a few days before and i still use roots organic surge then i flip but i still use the veg nutrients. I flip and after i get skittle sized buds forming i add the bloom nutrient and the veg nutrient and then over 3-5 days i come off the grow nutrients and stay with the flower nutrients only. Works like it should this way because its more subtle and better transition. lots of folks change the light schedule and there like oh im flowering i need to switch to the flower nutrients.

6 Likes

I like to introduce a little PK in Banana water - it makes a great additive and is very available so when I give the bloom tea they get all the good stuff to munch on - and I do like you introducing bloom nute in conjunction with veg nutes for the first week after putting them in the dark - I have seen lots of people cut their veg nutes too early and their plants crave the nitrogen that is missing - especially after using BBP - they get really hungry :slight_smile:

4 Likes