My Summer's Grow

I have been away for a couple of days visiting my beloved aunt and uncle in Florida - My aunt is in the final stage of Alzeheimers and my uncle won’t last without her - they have been married 64 years. But my wife took very good care of my tents.The smaller girls are 24 days and the larger are 32 days

I have not topped them and was going to let them grow out and bend over - but watching the way they are growing and having used BudBusterPro early I see lateral branching that suggests I should top

My little mutant is pulling out of it and my stunted gal seems to be growing so I will leave things be.
I have dedicated Lovin in her eyes Spanish Moon as my Aunt Florence’s honor plant - I hope I can do her justice.

Thank you for looking

13 Likes

Lost my mom to Alzheimer’s. Can only say there is no worse, excruciating way to lose a loved one…
God Bless and I can only say I hope it’s quick…

9 Likes

Thank you @TheMadFlascher

My little mutant honor plant is growing a stalk

Its painfully slow, but I am committed to keeping her going as long as she is going…
This is such a fun phase in their lives - All have established in their new homes and after settling in have some new growth energy - everyday you can see growth - I never tire of it.
Today is a proper Tea day for everyone -
Thanks for looking :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@ravenchief @TheMadFlascher alzheimers is a thief and steals your memories. Im am saddened by your loss. But you guys were there and took/take care of them thats awesome in my book. I have 6 brothers and none of them really helped me and my wife take care of my parents when it was there time. It made it harder to take care of them and my saint of a wife took the brunt of it so i could work and pay the bills. You guys are awesome hang in there because the struggle is real and we really never forget but time helps a bit.

7 Likes

Thank you @PreyBird1
and I am saddened to hear of your loss and experience. Your wife proves that family has little to do with blood relations and more to do with properly aligned foundations.

7 Likes

Saw this on Green Bodhi’s Instagram page and couldn’t resist

I am loving his Trichome pics and I am growing out one of his collabs PureBreeding/Green Bohdi - Rootbeer x GMO x Hazy Kush
but for today Happy Valentine’s Day

10 Likes

ur grow looks fantastic even with one male but the rest of ur friends have a life of their own

5 Likes

Thank you so much @LasVegas7

5 Likes

@ravenchief I am also looking to this setup as I live in a rural area on a no exit road and our power is out several times a year.
I am wondering what size genset you use?
I have a 100m2 house with 4people two freezers, two water pumps and an effluent(liquids) pump-all single phase. H/W is a 150l cylinder but I have a caliphont on studio also.
I was looking at 7Kva but not sure how to estimate how big I may need- any help greatly appreciated

4 Likes

Hi Tubular -
I have a Honeywell 7500E running watts with 9375 starting watts. The wired panel for this generator covers 20 circuit breakers - Our waterpump, 2 refrigerators, HVAC, several rooms, some kitchen appliances, and my Lights downstairs (at full bore I run about 2000true watts)
I am not 100% sure of the best and safest way to estimate the size of the generator - I had to have an electrician come and put in a separate panel to run it and that determined the minimum -
Honestly this is the best investment I have ever made - I cannot tell you how many times this has saved a grow and our comfort - The electrician was about $1200 the generator was about $800 - so $2000 for peace of mind and continued grows :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This morning I moved all the girls into the big tent - they are still in their one gallons but they started to crowd in the small tent - I want to execute my plan to up-pot them to 3 gallons for a few weeks then into their 5 and 7 gallons 10 days before I flip them to flower so I needed more room :slight_smile: -
Everyone is doing really well - and I think they will like their new digs - I will hold off using the UV lights until they get more established in a day or 2.

My little mutant honor plant has turned a corner and is starting to show normalizing signs above ground which makes me happy.

However, last night I received disturbing news of a good friend and partner (I was on the board of his non-profit org) Stan Tenen died - He had been very sick with advancing Parkinson’s and other complications for years - He was a genius and has come up with some revelatory scientific discoveries that his wife will try to continue.
I designated Pure Breeding’s New England Rock Cotton Candy as his honor plant - He was from Massachusetts

and here is my 3rd honor plant this run

I am not very happy with how this year has started out - I know that as I get older, more and more will I lose people I know and am close to - that doesn’t make a broken heart mend.
I also plan to experiment with cuttings - I decided that I will top everyone and take their main stalks and plant them - I will keep them in 1/2 gallon fabric bags (Thank you @Arrow ) until they are ready to go outside for my summer run - All the genetics are worth saving and having a headstart with 6-9 plants this summer will be fantastic :slight_smile: )

Thank you for looking.

12 Likes

you are a kind man my friend… :pray:…only good vibes being send to you… :peace_symbol:

7 Likes

I decided I should top’um - I did four

This is Tahiti Lime x Biker OG I am trying a different technique than ever before -

I am cutting the cola further than I would normally to make it easier for an even canopy -

And I am going to root the cuttings and keep them going until I can put them outside and grow them out.

I am using a new product that was sent to me for free by Athena called Cuts which is a rooting hormone gel - I like the athena line and will try it some day but I am happy with my current fertilizer and have lots on hand :slight_smile:
This will be the first time I am trying to grow clones intently - all my other successful clones were in a glass of water on my window sill and rooted -
Thanks for looking

14 Likes

Athena blend is the shit! But its not cheap. Big stimey from exotic genetics (head grower) uses that. And he is getting monster plants. Im gonna do the ventana nutrients test here in a week. Then athena is next!

5 Likes

I have heard good things about the product line and their IG pics are pretty hard not to LOVE - I was really surprised, one day, out of the blue they sent me their IPM and Stack product and then a couple of weeks later their Cuts product - You gotta love a company that does that haha

10 Likes

Ok thanks for that-thats about the size i was guesstimating. I dont have that much draw but will future proof for expansion i think. On farms here they have a 3 way switch. mains-off-generator so this runs through main circut board.
many thanks for your reply AND awesome uploads of your grows here.
:kissing_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

So
Miracles do happen
These 2 have been trouble from the start - The one on the right is the mutant and doesn’t really have a normal central cola stalk (but I love her just the same :slight_smile: ) She is the honor plant for Dr. H.
the one on the left had been stunted from birth and hadn’t changed in 2 - 3 weeks -
I declare them to be recovered and on track to become beauty queens

I have been giving them very light treatments of BBP and lots of love

12 Likes

I’m going to have to buy some of this BBP.

9 Likes

You will love it and all the ways to help your garden and make great pot. It’s my not so secret weapon :vulcan_salute::sunglasses::pray:

7 Likes

I topped 3 more gals and now have 7 main colas as cuttings in my propagation box under a 50wled 24 inches away - This is my first real attempt at cloning - All my others were accidental cuttings in water rooting on a window sill -

I soaked the rooter plugs in a diluted em1 solution and dipped the cuttings into Athena Cuts rooting gel.

I will take cuttings of the mutant when she grows taller and healthier.
The cuttings I did 3 days ago are bending to the light source and look good - I am misting with Coconut water.

9 Likes