My Summer's Grow

Velcro is a superstar wherever he is :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Well well well I didn’t know that the praying mantis a specific species is actually the state of Connecticut insect.

The European “praying” mantis (family: Mantidae, order: Orthoptera) officially became the State Insect on October 1, 1977. The name “mantis” (derived from the Greek word for “prophet” or “diviner”) appropriately described the mantis’ distinctive habit of standing motionless on four hind legs, with the two highly specialized forelegs raised in an attitude of meditation.

The European mantis is not native to Connecticut. It originated in Northern Africa, Southern Europe, and temperate areas of Asia. These mantis can be found, however, throughout the state from early May or June until the cold weather sets in, when they die rapidly.

Harmless to humans, and averaging 2-2 1/2 inches in length, this small green or brown insect feeds on aphids, flies, grasshoppers, small caterpillars and moths. Although probably not a significant factor in biological control, mantis are beneficial insects for farmers and are therefore symbolic reminders of the importance of the natural environment to human and biological survival.
:heart:

:pray:

15 Likes

Take green garden wire poke in the pots and twist em. Then make loops down to the ground and stake them loops down.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @PreyBird1
The wood piles worked pretty well in the storm - I have to move the plants around as they start to flower so I need to wait until I find the right spacing as the branches need support…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Downstairs my 2 gals are starting week 6 (Day 35 since flipping the tent) and starting to color up - the magic of Budbusterpro is starting to show…
HEre is Loving in her eyes’ Candy Chem OG

And here is Rainbow Kush - overnight she started to color up and is supposed to give real rainbow colors which I hope they do >smile<

Outside everyone is getting ready for their natural flip - The Mantis are still guarding their homes and I just love to see them as they come out and greet me each morning.
I can see the magic starting to happen with BudBusterPro :slight_smile:

Happy Sunday!

18 Likes

OK I’m here now. Let me go back and look at what you’re doing. I’m curious about your lights. Never heard of them before.

5 Likes

I was testing their light - FANTASTIC Spectrum with great far reds

6 Likes

my little outdoor solo cup gal is doing great@

My little solo cup gal had a difficult start but here she is exactly 65 days from seed and looking really fine - and yes @TheMadFlascher I even gave her a single light application of BBP when she was 40 days old and she loved it. :slight_smile:
I will be doing many more, in fact I have thought about a full 4x4 tent full of solo cups - all different strains - they really are alot of fun.

14 Likes

raven, that would be a AWESOME project.
Put a bunch of different auto varieties in there and start them on BBP early. Let them all grow out and you could pretty much determine what each varieties potential actually is!!

I would think that irrigation might be a nightmare unless you could run a bunch of spaghetti hose w/drip emitters! I imagine it would be a weekend ordeal to replace 30% of the soil in the bottom of the cups!!

Either way a heck of a neat concept!!!

6 Likes

It would be easier to just use 3 inch rockwool cubes.

4 Likes

ah, but would it be as challenging or as much fun apeo

5 Likes

I’ve grown a bunch of plants in solo cups in Rockwool. They just don’t stand up very good. 3 inch cube would be easier.

15 Likes

That’s impressive canopy

4 Likes

Thank you so much @boozer

Two sights that make me happy every morning to see my outside girls and their little protectors. I gave the outside girls their fifth application at six mills of bud buster pro and when the sun hits them this morning I know it’s gonna happen. - magic Thanks for looking hope y’all have a great day

19 Likes

So much goodness in those 2 pictures… Very beautifully grown Mister Soul Man! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Thank you so much Kap.
Time to move some woodchips before the sun gets too high but not before I get high :sunglasses::vulcan_salute::blush:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Is that a hint of sunlight I see in the back there …:high_brightness: …nice work chief …:wink::sunglasses::v:

5 Likes

Thanks @boozer and @Arrow

Yes - I took these pictures at 6:30 this morning :slight_smile:
I am and always have been a very early riser - I get up at 3 every morning …

10 Likes

This summer I had 4 photo gals outside that started pistiling and now flowering earlier than in years past - I have found and read of this being the case even amongst many of our conclave members and in other forums including in California.
I started them on flower top dress 3 weeks ago
Don’t know all the reasons why but I will take an early flower any day!

Here is CultClassics’ Wedding Fantasy - well into flower
f7c023fe5a9315a4e68cb03e5f2e4966da40f998_2_375x500

8142549601c235c8b1aa05e10ea4934021bc79fb_2_375x500

And here is Sweet Seed’s Tropicana Poison

f22e0e54a48459719fb3be49f4a71d1aa323e488_2_375x500

25adc1aea7a13309fa25618b2201d754aa47e193_2_375x500

They are both in 7 gallon Rain Science bags and the top colas are at 6 feet so plenty big enough for me >smile< - I hope all your harvests are bountiful and early :slight_smile:

15 Likes