New experimental round

Micro-growers know: growing cannabis in a stealthy space is an art and a science. One of the best, most versatile, and easiest options is to retrofit a computer tower. Hide your operation in plain sight and harvest a personal stash of quality bud!

Although cannabis is seeing swift legalization and acceptance across many areas of the world, other regions still frown upon its use and cultivation. People growing the herb in these areas often look for strains that offer stealthy traits such as compact size and fast flowering time. Occupying the other end of the spectrum when compared to towering sativa giants, some cannabis strains have been purposefully bred to maintain a tiny stature, making them easy to conceal and manage. Such a small size enables growers to cultivate these dwarf varieties in incredibly hidden places ranging from kitchen cupboards to cardboard boxes.

This form of cultivation is known as micro-growing; it’s an artform in itself, and is a technique that was developed to achieve good yields in the most unexpected of places. Micro-growers get very creative when it comes to the location of their grow. However, these is one location that beats all others when it comes to stealth grows: computer towers!

A computer grow box is essentially the outside skeleton of a tower, with all of the wiring and hardware removed from the inside. The interior is swapped out with a light, a pot or a hydroponic box, a fan, and potentially a monitoring system to track humidity and temperature.

COMPUTER TOWERS FOR ULTIMATE DISCRETION
Setting up a micro-grow within a computer tower is as stealthy as it gets. Visitors are not likely to show any interest in a random computer unit sitting on a desk, and will ask fewer questions in comparison to coming across a large grow tent with a ventilation pipe sticking out of it. Setting up your PC grow box next to your actual computer setup, along with monitors, a mouse, and speaker, will make it blend in entirely with the environment.

A computer tower is a small space, so realistically, growers will only be able to cultivate one plant or two extra-small plants in such an environment. This also means yields will be relatively small. However, if discretion is your top priority, then there really is no other option. Plus, it’s enough to end up with a small personal stash on a regular basis.

Modified computer towers can be purchased that are ready to grow in. Alternatively, you can make your own with ease.

LIGHTING
Adequate lighting is one of the most important components of a cannabis grow and will greatly determine the quality of the yield. Because computer towers have little surface area, LED lights are probably the best option here. They put out only small amounts of heat in comparison to other light sources, lowering the chance of excess heat buildup, which is detrimental to plants and may pose a fire hazard.

LED lights are also relatively cheap to run and won’t make as much of a dent on your electricity bill. Moreover, LED lights come in small and portable sizes, making them a great match for a computer tower growing operation. A single light can be fixed to the inside roof of the computer tower, or LED strips can be placed on the roof and walls.

ODOUR CONTROL
It’s no secret that cannabis is a smelly plant. This aromatic herb has perhaps one of the most recognisable scents within the plant kingdom. No matter how discreet your growing setup is, if it isn’t sealed and odour-proof, then it will still be easily detectable. For this reason, it is important to use carbon filters or gel systems within your grow to make sure that the odour is absorbed or masked.

Sealing the inside of your computer tower with duct tape is important to help to minimise the smell. Lining the inside with reflective material, such as foil, will also help to prevent any light from leaking out and raising suspicion. Gel blocks can be placed inside the grow space to help absorb pungent aromas from the air. Small and almost silent PC fans can also be used for air exchange to keep fresh air moving through the unit.

CHOOSE YOUR STRAIN WISELY
Different cannabis strains vary massively. Some have been bred to explode to towering heights of 3m, whereas others have been carefully modified over time to remain tiny. You’ll be wanting a strain with the latter trait for your computer tower grow space.

LST FOR INCREASED CONTROL AND YIELD
LST, or low stress training, is a perfect technique to get the most out of these small varieties. This method allows growers to shape their plant by bending and tying growth, therefore maintaining more control over its stature. The main stem is tied down to the soil line, allowing branches to grow off of it vertically, forming a bush. This allows bud sites far more access to light than they would have in a vertical growth pattern. Defoliating plants during the grow cycle will also let more light in, resulting in larger buds and bigger yields.

3 Likes

@Hemp_Nature that’s the full article. Have you got access to a VPN service or some other way to protect your location from being tracked?

3 Likes

Fantastic, so I’ll add two more CFL bulbs, exactly like that kind, or similar if its not available in the nearest stores then, and we will see how the results will be in the end of this experiment,

Great, the result will be 340 in watts by 4 bulbs then. In nearly100cm x 96.5cm grow room. @rickles

3 Likes

If you have an android phone you can use this app to help you measure the light in PAR. Divide the number in Lux by 100 to equal PAR.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, no. Because I don’t know which VPN I trust, there are many, and I don’t know how I could install it correctly without break the iPone main warranty. Am sure that am already being tracked because you just told me that, which I never expected to happen because I haven’t installed the VPN as you mentioned.

1 Like

No, I have iPhone. Do you recommend me to use that,

2 Likes

Any trustworthy VPN that you recommend me to install, and what is your advice for me to do now? Keep in mind that, I think but not a hundred percent sure, if the main iPhone’s warranty break the VPN will not going to work well, and my iPhone will be without immunity anymore.

1 Like

I really appreciated your all assistance so much.

And, am sure that the Apple, the forum, and Instagram they all have securities.

I’ll keep posting my journal, and I wish everything goes alright without disappointment, including with safe and healthy live and life for every single one wherever you will be or go.

1 Like

Thank a lot for my friend for your assisting me and showing that clearly to me up.

2 Likes

I’ve utilized the cling film for covering the top instead of the food keeper’s cap which came with, because their weak level of translucence.

Which made nearly the temperature & humidity on that level as shown in the pictures below, but not stable because the A/C’s running times and it’s breaks that I prepared for it, plus the A/C’s compressor automatic breaks, as I mentioned previously.

2 Likes

December 11, 2019

Las update on that baby was nearly before five hours and a few minutes ago,

Fortunately, that little black amount was a few of potting soil has been fallen down accidentally, but the leaflets looking fine so far with out spider mite’s eggs.

2 Likes

December 11,2019

Last update on that baby was before nearly five hours and a few minutes ago,

@rickles

Unfortunately, I seen one of the thrips has been played on one of their leaflets and one black little spot as well yesterday.

3 Likes

December 11, 2019

Las update on that baby was nearly before five hours and a few minutes ago.

I think there are a few signs of thrips on that baby leaflets, but not obvious in fully yet.

4 Likes

December 11, 2019

Last update was nearly before less than six hours ago,

I picked up the testa and that was easy by tweezer, but that membrane still hard to remove it away from it yet.

3 Likes

December 11, 2019

Last update on that baby was nearly before less than six hours ago.

I’ll complete the pictures when the light switch On.

3 Likes

December 11, 2019

Last update was nearly before six hours and a few minutes ago, on that little baby.

4 Likes

It’s like performing surgery… Steady hands and some patience lol

3 Likes

4 Likes

That’s some weird growth there…I can’t wait to see when you have new leaves, what they are going to look like!
Nice photos though!!

3 Likes

Thank you for encouraging me so much. Yeah, me too.

That weird growth nearly look like what that baby had right now,

3 Likes