New Indoor Auto Grow

There’s no wrong way man. You can cut 50% of that plant off and it’ll be back the same by the weekend. LoL don’t ofcourse… I think they say like 20 or 30 at a seating or some crap but you get what I’m selling. Go crazy if ya want and top em, keep it short. If ya haven’t already … you will have many plants to play with in your new hobby. That one looks a lil hangry about something huh but thin’n the bush out is a great thing for indoors. Get that deep penetration … Of light I’m saying. Sickos man. All of you.

11 Likes

Looking at these photos, if it were me by would remove the large leaves that are creating the shadows that these arrows are pointing at (starting from top down). If there is no branches underneath a large leaf leave it. When you’re done you should have a few large leaves around the bottom of the plant and all of those small branches that are covered up will see the light. I think if you do this you will see the outcome and be able to make a decision whether or not to take more next time for yourself.:+1:t3::v:t3:

14 Likes

Thanks to @LoCoRocK and @happilyretired for the encouragement and guidance!

I defoliated a couple of days ago.

I flipped to 12:12 yesterday and just did some training with some plant training wire. Here’s Day 1 of flower.

The Zweet Inzanity is far taller than the Crescendo. I shouldn’t have grown these two together! Oh well, learning!

Have a great day!

14 Likes

If you flipped your lights I would pull a bunch more leaves right now. If you’re worried about the height of the other plant just put a brick or something under to raise it up a few inches. :v:t3::+1:t3:

14 Likes

:100: :+1:

I have an assortment of different things i use as stands/risers to even out the canopy. Works great.

Happy looking plants! :metal:

13 Likes

Day 2 of flowering. These ladies liked the training. Jeez! I know they’re supposed to turn right back up, but I truly didn’t expect they’d all turn back in one day!

11 Likes

I chopped off a bunch more leaves and little branches. Jeez, this is stressful! My idea is to thin the top/middle to allow more light to get in and to clean up the bottom to avoid burning energy on popcorn.

What do you think? Next steps? Thanks for any advice!

13 Likes

Good looking plants! How do you like the Grobucket’s so far?

11 Likes

I’m a beginner, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I am absolutely loving these GroBuckets!! The plants seem to be growing fast, and I don’t have to guess about watering. One of my buckets is semi-transparent, and the roots seemed to grow to the bottom of the bucket super fast. I’m betting that when I chop these babies and dig up the roots, I’ll see way more/healthier roots than on my previous indoor plants.

I have a lot to learn. Am thinking of watering with some teas once the flowers start growing. Do you do this?

12 Likes

You don’t want to be able to see the roots if that’s what you were getting at w the transparent comment. Paint or wrap the bucket with something so it’s dark dark. Oh the white bucket is what you’re talking about … hmmm that’s on you, I don’t think I’d worry. Actually I don’t know what I’d do… I’ve just never used a white bucket but thought about it for outside before so roots don’t heat up as much. BUT I am glad you pointed that out. That’s interesting :thinking:
I’m telling you man… You can abuse these things, cut them in half, whatever… And a day later you can’t tell.

12 Likes

I use Dakine 420 Nutrients. I get about a pound per plant at harvest without a lot of work! Lol! I’ve been using the Grobucket’s since September 2020 and love them!

10 Likes

I’m starting to think my 4x2 tent ain’t gonna fit these grobucket plants.

9 Likes

You know, that white bucket plant is a lot smaller… I wonder if that transparency is making a difference.

10 Likes

You could run 2 Grobucket’s in a 4x2 as long as the 4x2 tent is tall, or run only short plants in them. I started out with 4 in a 4x4, then had to move 2 of them to a different 4x4, now I just run 1 per tent.

10 Likes

Next time, I’ll go for one in my 4x2.

9 Likes

The grow goes on! I am having a great time with the GroBuckets, learning to trim/defoliate, and maxing out my tent’s height capacity.

I lifted the light to the top of my tent and cranked it up to about 90%. I lifted the clip-on fan. I rotated the carbon filter 90 degrees and stuck it over on the side.

I placed a couple bricks under Crescendo, because she’s so much shorter than Zweet Inzanity. I trained some of the taller Crescendo branches outward and down, and that seems to have opened up the middle of the plant. Can’t really train the tall/wide Zweet Inzanity any more, I don’t think.

This has been a very busy autumn and early winter. I’m grateful for my grow and for all of you who’ve provided your feedback on my journal and given me such useful help as I’ve started learning this stuff. Happy holidays!

11 Likes

I think the Zweet Inzanity is hungry/unhappy. Check out the light green.

This is Sub Cool’s super soil recipe. I used promix as the base. I did not give it time to age. Been watering with plain rain water which ph’s around 6 every time.

This plant has been under 12:12 for a week or so. Anything I can do to help at this point?

8 Likes

She doesn’t look too unhappy to me. Can you check some runoff EC?

7 Likes

I don’t have any runoff to measure w these GroBuckets, but I could ph the soil. Will post results.

7 Likes

yep but ec not ph.

7 Likes