New Indoor Auto Grow

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Flower marches on!

Zweet Inzanity has recovered from supercropping. Still way too tall. I need a taller tent.

Crescendo is looking grrreat! Just wish I had more horizontal space for her.

I bought a small dehumidifier for the tent, but the humidity is still running too high. I have a large dehumidifier running in the room, as well. So far, the room is at 50%, but the tent is at 88-90%! I also added a second fan at the bottom of the tent. What can I do to help fight humidity while still using a whole lotta water to keep these plants alive??

9 Likes

looking good :slight_smile: and nice cat :wink:

a great new year

Dequilo

8 Likes

lights off?

9 Likes

If you have an extra Hygrometer hang it at the top of your canopy or hang the one you have near the top of your canopy. It’s always good to have 2 in a tent to make sure you are getting a proper reading, by having 2 set near each other, the readings should be every close to each other. You might also try to pump heat into the tent if possible. Another thing I have done in the past is to leave the tent open when the lights are on as long as the humidity levels are lower in the room. You also should move your hygrometer away from the dehumidifier to ensure your not getting a false reading from the moisture being sucked into the dehumidifier.

8 Likes

Yup, all day long. Kinda wild.

7 Likes

I had that problem with a tent that was in an area that was colder

then the tent with the lights off it would rain in there

all the best

Dequilo

8 Likes

Happy new year @pbaker1111

7 Likes

Thanks so much!

8 Likes

I lopped off a bunch of leaves and lower bud sites. Am also leaving tent open for a bit so the 50 rh room will “rub off.” Lol! Added a second hygrometer, too.

Phew, these plants look awfully wispy. Hope I haven’t gone overboard on the defoliation.

9 Likes

funny-memes

8 Likes

Just a little off the top … That pic was 1 day ago. Come tomorrow you won’t be able to tell. Friggen weeds !! :+1:

11 Likes

ARGH!!! This is only kinda related to the grow, but it’s pretty funny and may be PSA for some other dummy.

I am sitting at my desk in my office, and I kept smelling a strong aroma of… ganja!! Couldn’t figure it out, as my routine was normal this morning… except for this one thing. I cleaned the back and sides of the tent this morning, so my head rubbed through some leaves/branches as I reached through, to the back. Once I figured it out, I rubbed my fingers through hair, and my hair reeks. Lol!! I am considering a quick rinse in the bathroom sink!

12 Likes

Is it your week for a shower? Yous at home anywho so no matter right…not like your boss wiffed you out! LoL I got on an elevator after smoking a roach one time freaking old property manager got in on the floor below me… Thank God there was a tenant in the elevator with us that I blamed it on. He went … Sniff sniff woohwee somebody is partaking. Close call .

11 Likes

I’ve taken an handful of fresh coffee grounds (not wet used ones, but you be you)…smashed em all in a papertowel, dump in trash and wipe your clothes hair whatnot - good masking smell in a pinch.

11 Likes

I don’t work from home, unfortunately. (Sure was a lot more productive back then.)

11 Likes

This is a great idea!

10 Likes

Hello! In Virginia, bald eagles used to be rare. During my childhood, I saw a total of zero bald eagles in the wild. The eagle numbers have soared (pun alert!) during the past 15-20 years, though. I routinely see one or two eagles at a particular spot on my morning commute. This morning, for the first time ever, I spotted four! This was an early highlight of 2023 for me. I have very high hopes and expectations for this year, and those new eagles really helped my confidence.

Yesterday, I took the bricks from underneath the Crescendo plant, because it, too, was stretching near the light. I hope it’s done growing taller now, because those stems are pretty thick for supercropping!

Zweet Inzanity is growing taller and uglier by the minute! I’ve had to bend over a few more branches in order to avoid frying them on the light. The canopy is ugly as sin.

As you can tell, flower is going along. Each of these plants is drinking about a gallon of my rain water per day. Z Inzanity always needed a lot of water, but the Crescendo really got thirsty, too, once she started stretching. I’ve not added anything to the subcool-ish super soil, and I am not sure I will add anything. The flowers look good to me, so far.

My tent rh is still high—75-77%. I am not sure what to do about this, except get a bigger dehumidifier for the tent. I was getting little white blotches of mold on wet tent walls, and that scared me to death, so I cleaned with a little hypochlorous acid just to be cautious. There are obviously no moths in my tent, but I’m still worried because I use collected rain water from outdoors. Anyway, worry won’t help anything. Hopefully I’ll make it safely to harvest.

Have a lovely day!!

12 Likes

You might not know it but the everglades is FILLED w baldy’s. First time I was traveling to an out of town job on west coast (of Florida) they were on like every 3 or 4 telephone poles. And how about their nests bruh. I’ had no idea them things weigh hundreds of pounds, much like Ospreys in that manner. I’ll get ya a pic of some ospreys they encircle my condo when good thermals are coming off the ocean. :ocean: You’d think Preybird would be in this Convo. LoL but I’ve always been infatuated with peregrine falcons. It was my favorite book report in school. LoL same one!! Over and over! LoL when I was young it was up to 180mph in a dive. Now they say they got em at like over 220 … I think I heard on Nat TV … my favorite channel, or discovery. But ya… badd ass dude they are.

11 Likes

Loco, now you’re talkin!! In my part of Virginia, we have always had tons of ospreys from April-November. Lots of hawks, too. My wife spotted a Northern Harrier last weekend. Over the summer, a pair of Mississippi Kites nested in big pine tree in neighbor’s yard. I got to see and hear them every day. They look nearly just like P Falcons, and they’re not common in my part of town.

10 Likes

I have a couple questions for anyone willing to weigh in.

1. When is it too late into flower to trim off lower bud sites? I assume there’s a cut point after which it won’t be helpful in terms of directing energy to the tops. Or should I just chop all the lowers through the finish line? What do you think?

2. I’m getting some yellowing on the Zweet Inzanity. I’ve been flowering for a few weeks now, so it might be normal fade. Just a lot lighter than the Crescendo plant. Do you think I ought to add something to finish flower strong? What would you add?

These first three pics are the Grandpa’s Stash x Crescendo.

These three are the Zweet Inzanity.

10 Likes