New Indoor Auto Grow

Mr Baker,
That fade is a little premature from what I see…you still have a LOT of bud to form and fill.
I would encourage you to check your nutrients and see if there is some potassium sulfate in any of those…supplementing the nute that contains potassium sulfate may pay big dividends…also keep some nitrogen in your mix…proteins are amino acids, and amino acids require nitrogen…your buds are protein and require nitrogen to adequately fill…
Let me know if I can help you out with any specifics…

13 Likes

Your Eagle friends are interesting. I haven’t seen one in the wild ever. I do have this owl that likes to sit around my house he or she is a great horned owl and it hoots at me whenever it gets the chance. (I walk at night sometimes.)When I’m in the car i honk at it and it Flys low over the hood. I still don’t get too close because I know they are killers.

9 Likes

Do we absolutely need to add in molasses for the carbs and sugars?

8 Likes

@excommunicato,

That’s a bunch of Broscience!
Molasses is a great stimulant for microbes…that’s about it! In fact, when we buy commercial microbes for soil inoculation (liquid formulations) some molasses is sent in seperate containers. We put the microbes in a 1000 gal nurse tank and add the molasses…leave it overnight and apply through the irrigation system the next morning. You see, the microbes are shipped as ‘spore forming’ bacteria/fungi. The molasses is a food source for the microbes that activates the spores…

Sugar (glucose) is produced through photosynthesis. It’s the ‘miracle’ of life…without plant life to produce glucose there would be NO ANIMAL life on earth. Complex carbohydrates (polysaccharide)
are highly dependent on Potassium content. (It’s a little complicated) But if you ever eat fruit or vegetables that are not very sweet (or even bitter) you can be assured that they were potassium deficient…FWIW

11 Likes

That makes more sense in a practical way when you explain it that way. Thanks a lot. Maybe i am trying to do too much instead of enhancing the natural process. It gave me something to think about.

10 Likes

Too many words I don’t understand. I’ll let you guys hash this out. From my experience, the less you worry about all the stuff the easier your grow goes. Growing these plants is really not that difficult. Good media good nutrients good water and good tools to make sure everything is where it needs to be. in my opinion constantly adjusting your grow to try something new that somebody said worked just costs money and time. Pick a media that you like pick a Nutrient line that you like, and go. To be honest with you the only product that I’ve ever used that really made a HUGE difference in the growth of my plants is Bud Buster Pro. So if what you like to do is try new stuff constantly with very small or no negligible results go for it. :+1:t3:

My last indoor, I had set up to where I only had to go look at it once a week to fill the nutrient tank. Of course I was still in there just about every day checking things out, but I didn’t need to be. Didn’t need to make Constant adjustments just basically watched it happen. :man_shrugging:

@pbaker1111

I don’t know the correct answer to this. But what I can tell you is anything I see that is not going to be productive or achieve my end goal gets removed, whenever I see it doesn’t matter. Less plant matter that I have to deal with when I harvest the better. Anything that I remove before harvest that I don’t want I don’t have to deal with later. That’s how I look at it.

I defer to @TheMadFlascher :wink::v:t3:

14 Likes

No deference necessary Hap, well said !!

11 Likes

That take away gentlemen, is that microbiology doesn’t matter.

11 Likes

Bob, thank you!! I refreshed my memory on what’s what in my soil mixture. Kelp meal and the coco coir are the main sources of Potassium in the recipe I used. Not sure about Potassium Sulfate.

6 Likes

Thanks! I went ahead and lopped off a bunch of the lower sites and even a few little branches.

11 Likes

I am trying to do as little as possible in terms of “confounding variables,” so I didn’t want to add anything more than my rain water (with mosquito dunks) this grow.

But I was losing a few big fan leaves per day to premature yellowing, so I went ahead and added some nutes to the Zweet Inzanity. I have the gen hydro trio, and I added an early flower half-dose, plus a little extra “Gro” in case the problem is nitrogen.

Hopefully, the yellowing will slow down!

Thanks to each of you for your comments and for your own journals. I learn a lot from y’all.

11 Likes

It wasn’t all that long ago you would’ve been asking questions about the yellowing leaves. And here you are diagnosing it and making a very good decision. I love it, good job! :+1:t3::v:t3:

12 Likes

Given the chance, check your nutrients and see if there are any ‘sulfates’ Your kelp meal potassium is probably derived from potassium hydroxide. The reason I mention the sulfate is that nitrogen metabolism is highly dependent on a sulfur source…sometimes your cal mag may contain some magnesium sulfate
(epsom salts). Any form of ‘sulfate’ may green your leaves up pretty quick !

9 Likes

@happilyretired well said brother and something i have learned to do and definitely agree about the BBP spray

8 Likes

Mehhhh… Glucose is overated!! Says the diabetic!! LoL kidding I’m not diabetic just yet.

9 Likes

I’ve not seen a wild owl in many years. They are too shy! You are very lucky! I know they’re in my area, so I keep high hopes. You should look around underneath where you see the owl for pellets. If you find feathers, beware. I always heard it’s illegal to possess predator bird feathers…

10 Likes

I used that BBP on a couple autos last year. Those autos struggled for a variety of reasons. @TheMadFlascher, I accidentally stored my BBP in my warm/hot garage for a few weeks. Is it still ok to use, or should I order a new bottle?

8 Likes

Thanks so much for your encouragement! Truly made my day. :slight_smile: I really enjoy learning about this stuff, and I am grateful to you for sharing your perspectives with me ever since I picked this up two summers ago.

9 Likes

I’ll have to look around where he nest during the day. He likes to sit on this radio tower. And it is illegal for sure for hawks i never actually considered owls.

9 Likes

No, You should be just fine. I always urge storage in indoor cabinets just to assure safety, however I have about 1/2 gallon that I store in my uninsulated garage without issues (minimum temp is about28-30F, however summer heat here in Chico get’s pretty warm 118F this summer),

Go for it !!
Bob

11 Likes