New Indoor Auto Grow

Gimme dem crappie!

7 Likes

I am enjoying the final weeks of this grow. I rotated the Crescendo x Grandpa’s Stash a bit to get some light on some other branches.

I also sprayed the inside walls of the tent with some hypochlorous acid and gave it a good wipe-down. There was some wispy white mold on the tent walls, and that’s all gone now.

I am getting some fading leaves on the upper part of the crescendo plant. Does this look ok, or could it be a deficiency? I’m hoping it’s just normal fade, as the rest of the plant is still pretty dark green.

The rain water, super soil, and GroBuckets have been a great combo for me this time. I am very grateful to @nacho151 for the recommendation. Big improvement over watering from the top.

My little cat meows at me all morning until I open the tent to do my daily maintenance. Each day, she eats exactly one fan leaf. Not sure exactly why/what she likes about it, but she really enjoys and looks forward to her daily leaf.

What is the white crust that forms on top? I guess, since I never water from the top, this is just some kind of fungus. What do you think?

This is the back of the tent. These buds are rock hard. For some reason, this Zweet Inzanity plant is a little less aromatic than had been the case in the past couple of weeks. I checked the trichomes on a few of the top, and while there are plenty of ambers on the sugar leaves, the main trichomes on the buds are mostly clear still.

Crescendo buds are looking good, but I should have been more aggressive with the defoliation and removal of lower sites. I’m gonna have lots of larf in addition to the good tops. Maybe I’ll make something.

Finally, the apple tree is still kicking, despite the shade. I am thinking hard about the best spot for this baby in my backyard. Will update in a month or so, once last frost passes.

Have a lovely day! :peace_symbol:

9 Likes

Looking good! The cat may be thinking the leaves are catnip! Lol! You might want to mist the top of your soil with a dose of Hypochlorous Acid, if it is a fungus it will take care of it, or it could be from CO2 if your using exhale bags or a cheap CO2 generator. The leaves will fade naturally as it gets closer to harvest. Happy to hear that you like the Grobuckets!

7 Likes

@pbaker1111 , You’re doing great ! Just wanted to make a couple comments…

A normal ‘fade’ will usually begin with lower leaves. When your lower leaves are all green and you haveleaves turning yellow near your bud formation, this indicates ‘nutrient robbing’. Your bud development really tests nutrient availability ! What your witnessing is the buds are requiring more nutrient, and since it’s not available, they will canabolize nutrient from the leaves…

I believe the white crust you’re seeing is probably a ‘salt’ deposit. Since you are watering from the bottom, the salts ‘leach’ upwards…this is FINE since you don’t want those salts in the root zone…

Hope that helps !
Bob

8 Likes

Bob, thank you!!

Ay caramba!! I jinxed myself in my last “all’s well” update. This yellowing started a few days ago. I appreciate you helping me understand what the plant is trying to tell me! You are right that the entire bottom of the plant is bright green. Only the leaves on the tops are drying.

I fed both plants with a good dose of nutrients. In the future, I’ll understand that, while the super soil worked wonderfully during veg for this crescendo, it wasn’t enough for later flowering. I guess that’s enough info for my purposes, but would you mind going into a little more detail about why the plant’s needs change so much during flower?

Thanks again for your help. I don’t even wanna post a new pic at the moment, because there’s been a lot more yellowing over the past 24 hours, but I’m looking forward to seeing the plant bounce back!

8 Likes

Sure… when buds begin to form, there is a tremendous nutrient demand. The plant will priotitize nutrient to the buds and translocate it there ! Remember the flower buds are REPRODUCTION ! Plants put their priority on survival of the species !

This is not unique to cannabis; fruits, vegetables, grains all do the same thing. In almost all cases the vegetative growth slows whenever flowering and fruit production begins. In many, many orchard trees you will see the lower limb’s leaves start turning yellow. When we observed it we usually described it as ‘nutrient robbing has begun’ . With trees, they will sacrafice the lower, less photosynthetic efficient leaves first !

Just like your cannabis, some veggies will start depleting the leaves closest to the fruiting site.
Now that you’ve seen it you’ll always recognize what’s going on…

OOPs, I guess I didn’t address your basic question…flower buds (or fruit for that matter) are composed of protiens, fats and carbohydrates…the compounds involved are all ‘high energy’
molecules that test the plants resources to the max…

8 Likes

Meh…nothing matters the last week anyways. LoL I’d say to the kitty… “Meow you listen here lil kitty, that’s my pot pie”.
When that apple tree gets bigger and starts dropping apples you can sit under it and get good ideas I hear.

9 Likes

I am feeding these plants plenty now, and they’re really doing well. I’ve been giving late flower doses of GH trio, and the plants seem to like it.

Here’s a few of the crescendo x grandpa’s stash. This plant is recovering from the deficiencies it was experiencing last week. In my opinion, the plant still has several weeks to go. I checked trichomes, and there’s lots of clear.

The buds on top are getting a little bleached. I wish I’d flipped earlier and/or trained more aggressively. To me, it looks like the “second tier” of buds on both plants will be better smoke than the top tops.

Here are a few of the Zweet Inzanity. This plant is benefitting from the food, too.

As you can tell, I have some foxtailing on the top tops of both plants. Next grow, I’m going to learn about light intensity and all that. I know I’m making big mistakes there, so I look forward to learning.

Ok, it’s question time! Do y’all wash your indoor buds? I am not sure what the best choice is. Thanks for any thoughts you’re willing to share!

Hope all’s well in your world!!

13 Likes

YES!!! :wink: :wink: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Search ‘bud wash’ with magnifying glass…lots of options !

9 Likes

Bob, thankfully I’ve washed my outdoor harvests, so I have a good 3-bucket washing system I can implement. As I think more about it, these indoor flowers probably have plenty of cat hair on them, so it’ll be good to wash that off, if nothing else! Thanks for your feedback!

9 Likes

I can’t remember the last time I didn’t wash a plant after harvest. :man_shrugging::+1:t3:

It looks like you have another fine harvest pending. Good on you… :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

10 Likes

Hap, thank you! I think this weekend is going to be the end of the line for the Zweet Inzanity, so I’m getting myself organized. Looking forward to this sativa-leaning strain!

10 Likes

Well, I passed a got-dang kidney stone and then immediately caught a nasty stomach bug, so the Zweet Inzanity received a stay of execution. No meaningful cannabis updates for today. Just whining! Hope for a more positive post later this week.

10 Likes

Just wasn’t her time!

9 Likes

Damn kidney stone bloody painful had a few of them hope you alguds @pbaker1111

9 Likes

Am such a pussy i have a low pain threshold :pensive:
Old age is gonna be the end of me! Lol

8 Likes

@TechDCo me to age 44yrs old my body feels like its 80yrs old

8 Likes

I keep freaking out when i catch myself deep in the thought of whats after this? I’m only 36yrs old. I guess mid-life crisises isnt just a saying what i thought when i was younger.

I ponder life too much. All i know is wherever i was before here i was there longer lol this life is such a blip in it bro.

9 Likes

Shit bro we must of been in another life i am the same

Definitely not just a saying

I think we all do brother

8 Likes

Imagine being immortal? …then imagine not being immortal? Both are as scary as each other!

8 Likes