Marty, remember all observations are valid !!!
My guess is you definitely changed the metabolism on plants that had the 2 weeks of 12/12…they shifted
their nutrient allocation to flower vs veg…
I think it is probably best to await the final product before drawing conclusions …but neat observations none the same !!!
Marty, remember all observations are valid !!!
Well looks like I am going to get my Dakine nutrients today. UPS has had it since a couple of days before the new year, but it got shuffled around the warehouse/sorting facility 5 miles away and never put on the truck for delivery. Along with a truck breakdown coming into Denver CO delayed it by a couple of days also.
So if I get them, will be starting my Dakine nourishment program tomorrow, as it is also water day. Still have about 7 weeks to go on flower. Just 3 days past 3 weeks now. YaHoo lol !
Yes I noticed this same thing by momma nature, we turn the lights down bam all at once, nature looses a little light a day and they start a slow going into bloom process for weeks prior to full on bloom. I noticed this a long time ago when I used to grow outside.
The two biggest bud producers, were alreay most of the way back into veg, just not completely, the other had reverted back and were increasing the number of leaflets on each new leaf again. I’m thinking that they will all look the same pretty much at the end of the grow. I think that maybe the two that didn’t have to go through my screwup on the light cycle will just take a week or so longer to finish.
I was just wondering if anyone tried a day by day reduction in the light cycle to imitate nature and if they did, did it make bigger buds?
Check out the last post in ravenchif’s ‘my summer grow’ thread…he is implementing the gas latern
program and you may get some GREAT info from him…
What a difference 5 days makes…! Three weeks, three days flip.
I love this part of the grow the best.
Looks like you’re going to get some good weight out of this one.
Did you get that trimmer yet? You are a lot closer to them than me.
I got tracking today! Waiting for it im gonna chop some plants maybe thursday
I’m waiting on my little one too. Supposed to be here Thursday.
Ok guys here we are at the first day of week five past flip. Really starting to get a lot of sparkels and I’m hyped lol. They smell really nice too, especially right after I water, kinda a orange diesel mix, if you rub the stems or pick a leaf it is real strong citrus/orange.
A overall shot of part of the grow
Some bud closeups
Woo hoo, only halfway through flower and they are getting SO frosty! Tomorrow is end of week 5 flower.
I stressed them a little this week and went one day longer on the water, first time in this grow I have done that. Not wilting down, just right before… the leaves went from praying to flat, then I watered.
Well today is the beginning (first day) of week six. Just a small set of photos, things are coming along nicely. Just starting to get a few yellowing leaves, but only on the biggest plant and I think it is because of my stressing them a bit by going one day longer on the water. Just beginning to get a few brown pistils here and there. And a few of the seed calyxes are beginning to get some purple highlights !
And well took these with my phone, because it takes so much better closeups than my Nikon 35 dslr, and the sideways pictures tell me that I just experienced the same problem you other guys have, it is the info in the phone picture that the forum is not reading correctly to make them the right orientation. Sorry for the sideways pictures lol. The two that are in landscape are right the ones that I took with the phone upright like normal are the ones that are sideways. Beats me.
LOL. Pleaseee don’t get happilyretired fired up again !!!
I have no idea, but am guessing perhaps the site software is messing up…possibly used too much when it was new !!!
Actually the solution is to turn the phone sideways and ALWAYS take your picture that way, then everything SHOULD be in the right orientation? Course there are lots of orientations these days according to some lol.
I do believe you’re going to notice a big difference in your buds.
Sure hope so Hap! The ones lower down are already getting bigger, maybe I should have taken a lot more off, plucking all them buds was hard to do lol.
You don’t have to do it all at once. You can do it over a week if we want. There you are plants, do what you Gotta do. And yeah you probably could’ve took them up a little more but that’s all right baby steps, you got to start somewhere take a look in your tent that’s where you started.
Well my ppm had marched up to (yesterday) 12.5 ppm. So using RO filter with a DI final filter it should have been much lower. I hooked it up last summer, then didn’t use it for a good 6 months or so. It was ok in the beginning at around 3 when I first started using it, but it quickly started climbing, so yesterday I changed out all the filters and cleaned the system with H2O3, installed everything, and ran it for 40 minutes to flush all the new filters. Almost full this morning (30 gal) but didn’t finish it until around 3-4pm yesterday so pretty close to on track for a 50 gpd unit.
Checked the barrel this morning and it’s all good news.