New to the forum

New to the forum some what new to the industry. Hope everyone is having a successful year! My name is Cooper AKA ”OG clone doctor”. I’m 23 years old and cannabis is my passion. I currently work at Quail Creek Farms in Chular, California. My job title is clone lab operations manager/scientist. I run a lab filled with 80,000 clones at any given time. My team is currently cutting around 7,000 new clones per week. Even more when we’re in full production. Dealing with various genetics, a lot of research and development is always going on. Ive been learning this business throughout the past two years. I’m still perfecting my craft. I heard about growers network and the forum and thought of this as a perfect place to ask for questions and help with anything that might pop up. Here to listen to any feedback and excited to explore all the interesting topics being brought up. Always down for a good conversation also! Say what’s up!

Here are some photos of my office.

10 Likes

WELCOME! Hey i love cloning its what i enjoy most. I consider myself a permacloner! Im excited to see that many clones and amazing quantities.

2 Likes

wow so many questions.

1. Whats the sponge like media?
  2. Not a single browning on the leaves where there cut.
  3. How old are the clones.
  4. How long to generate roots?
  5. Any tips how to clone like that?
    I like a areponic cloner. I have one.
    I like a float table with plugs in it.
    I stick cuts into rockwool works ok.
  6. What temp and RH?
  7. What lights are in use? And height of light to plant?
  8. Wow
  9. Wow
  10. Whats that tray of white rocks the roots are in Pearlite?
4 Likes

Here is where i post my cloning.

2 Likes

The sponge I’m using at the moment is Oasis roots cube. We rinse and pre soak all cubes before poking.

No browning on leafs is due to constantly disinfecting our tools and never cross contaminate between strains/genetics. Clean scissors every 20 cuts. Replace razor blades after 25 pokes.

Roots show up around 10 days and don’t fully complete rooting stage untill days 13-20. Every strain is different. I just recently started working with a new cross of Legend OG and have gotten full roots in 11 days. The ones pictured are 13 day rooting.

I’m blessed to be able to work in a very expensive lab room. Temps are always kept between 73-75. Humidity kept at 67-69. Clones 3 days and younger kept under domes on a strict vent opening and spray schedule.

At the moment I’m using led strip lights. About 12 inches above the plants.

And yes! The tray has perlite. I use this in all trays with signs of roots. I spray the perlite in Mykos before putting in tray. I have found the perlite helps with keeping the roots nice and white and always helps promote further growth.

2 Likes

Soooo cool. Insane! Ive been trying to do tissue culture and learn new stuff always.
Heres a link to my home lab thread.

1 Like

80000?!?!? I couldn’t imagine. Your job is awesome!

2 Likes

I am certain I don’t have any info for you. I know nothing compared to most, let alone you! Lol. I am listening to everything you say though!

3 Likes

Heres a cool picture of one of my rooms. This one is currently holding 25,000 clones!

5 Likes

i love it there in that room i can see myself there now. Amazing.

2 Likes

You guys hiring?

3 Likes

Welcome! You truly have a pretty awesome job! Looking forward to see more of your updates & can definitely learn interesting info from you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @cooperm!
I am sure you have most of us dreaming of your job!
I am no where near what you do. Following along…

1 Like

Welcome to forum your office looks awesome

2 Likes

Welcome Cooperm! Great to see someone so young know what they love to do. Send in the clones!

1 Like