Newb question again

So.

I have been addicted to researching these forums for information. I have read that heat and humidity plays a big part in flower density. This makes sense regarding my harvest last year being super fluffy as i am in the legal state of CT and was growing outside.

Fast forward to this year. I want to get an indoor grow setup for my finished basement. It is 65-70 degrees in the summer down there with decent humidity of around 60-65% (this is where i have my cigar humidor).

I dont really want to grow more than 4 plants at a time…most likely 3, because it is just me.

So my question: would it be better for me to make a grow tent setup from scratch or just toss money at the problem and get an AC infinity setup? Seems like the latter is easier, i just dont know if it is the better option.

I ordered a few items on amazon yesterday like a ph meter, soil tester etc, that i have seen on here and people recommended. There are some really nice grow setups, and while i am very handy and could probably build a setup…i am not really sure that is the best option.

So much good information on this site, i have a list that i created yesterday of problems from last year because of everyone’s posting here. Things will definitely be different this year, but i fear the end result will be the same unless i can start growing indoors.

6 Likes

AC Infinity setups are good, they make great equipment. As far as their lights, the Ionboard lights run hot, so if you can get the EVO lights instead, the ballast can be outside the tent, keeping the tent and plants cooler, and they seem a lot better to me.

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, are you able to swap lights if you buy a kit? I think that’s what they’re leaning towards one and done. I’ve never looked at their kits, Do the kits have different options for lights? I know their fans are excellent. I haven’t really heard anything bad about any of their stuff. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

This setup costs more than the one with the Ionboard light because it comes with the EVO Light, The Evo light is more expensive and I think it has more par output. I would add a A4 cloudline fan for intake also. I would also add the 16 inch sidelights to force light into the center of the plant.

4 Likes

That answers the question. Thank you.:+1:t3::+1:t3:
@schweddybawlz there you go. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

That is the one i was looking at actually.

I tried to piece mail a 5x5 setup. It is cheaper until you get to the light😂

So the 4x4 pro setup is the one i was looking at with the evo lights.

The side lights are a good idea and i will probably grab those as well.

4 Likes

I pieced that setup together. The complete kit I posted is cheaper than buying the stuff individually like I did. Here is the thread it was basically using the EVO Light with sidelights and additional UVA Lights.

4 Likes

Just so i can try and understand the idea of an intake fan.

There is already a fan that hangs from the top that has the carbon filter. I am ASsUMING that is the exhaust, but you’re saying i should grab another one to put at one of the other 4” ports as an “intake”.

Is that correct?

5 Likes

Yes, I put the 4 inch Cloudline fan at the bottom to increase cool air intake, it helps with temperatures and fresh air exchange. The Ionboard lights seem to trap heat between the light and the plant because it’s a solid board, with the Evo Light (it’s a bar light) lets the heated air rise to the top of the tent and the exhaust fan can remove the heat better, at least from what I have experienced from past grows as a comparison. Check with @HostileHippie420 I think he is using the same light setup as me, I’m not sure that he is using UVA lights though.

6 Likes

Thank you for your input.

I am getting ready to pull the trigger and i wanna make sure i have everything i need before ordering.

Nothing more i hate than to start a project and then tun back to the store because i forgot something.

Cheers!

5 Likes

If you’re a Amazon Prime member and they have that complete tent setup I posted, I would purchase from them to save shipping costs.

4 Likes

They have that one, but it is full price. If i order from the website, i can save 10%. And i went through the process and shipping was free far as i can tell.

But i am weighing my options at the moment.

I still need to go home and have the discussion with my wife….she controls my destiny😂

5 Likes

Yes I use the same setup @nacho151 an I absolutely LOVE it!!

7 Likes

Do mu use the intake fan too??

6 Likes

@LasVegas7
Six posts up. A whole paragraph on your question. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

Exhaust pulls out the old stagnant aire. I take pulls fresh air in a fan helps pull more air into the tent if u have to have the exhaust cranked for humidity reasons u r gonna want to crank a intake fan to kinda equal the balance in the tent. U don’t wanna exhaust more than u can pull in if it makes sense

5 Likes

Im just looking for the perfect set up I have a 2x4x6.7 gorilla tent with a 6 inch ac infinity carbon filter and fan and I am using a hlg 350r My tent is in my garage humidity runs high and the air just seems stagnant. I was thinking that improving the air flow into the tent would improve the whole growing environment What size fan would u suggest

5 Likes

I am using a ac infinity 6 in exhaust fan in a 2x4 is a 4 in intake going to be good

5 Likes

I use the 4 inch set at 1 for the intake and it helps. If the air in your garage has high humidity you may also want to add a whole house dehumidifier in it. They’re pretty cheap on Amazon. I have my dehumidifier set to maintain the humidity in my house at 50%, it also helps with my arthritis.

6 Likes

link me to it when you find it I am looking also :slight_smile:

4 Likes