No effects from edibles

Ok spent yesterday making candies, and eating them and Nothing. This is not first time, I have tried my neighbors yummy edibles she makes from butter. Same batches that lay out grown men. For me Nothing. Have tried tinctures from Michigan dispensaries… Nothing. I soaked 2 ounces of y-g in 190 everclear 2 weeks then evaporated the alcohol reducing by half. This is tincture i used yesterday. Neighbors loved them… for me… just candy… uuuggghhhh I wanna enjoy them toooo… ok so a little about me… I have been smoking almost daily for 37 years. I have lost my gallbladder, my ascending and about 6 ft of small intestines. So the gallbladder could account for not being able to breakdown the butter but the RSO? I would love to chat with anyone with knowledge on this subject. Happy smoking…

3 Likes

The way the liver processes has alot to do with it also. Some people don’t feel any effects from ingesting

1 Like

Have you heard of Nova Decarb unit, this will decarb your lot at 100%, Nova will never under decarb not getting all the convertion or over shoot and loose some high in the over decarbing. Also, hard candy has you raising the temps to 300 degrees and that will also loose some of your high, maybe try gummy bears which are low temp because high temp splits the gelatin. Same story as me so I disappeared and asked for knowledge then I learned that temps can effect the type of high your looking for for example at higher candy temps you can make your meds like sleeping pills and at lower temps people become very talkative and energetic, even with an Indica Only starting mix you have full control, but only with perfectly decarbed cannabis. It may not just be good in, good out, it’s knowledge because I myself for 15 years + now only get the sugar and popcorn, and since I’ve never get buds, I have learned to make the best I can with garbage. Sadly though, I grow now with a heavy heart because my grower isn’t well.

3 Likes

I am not an expert but I am going to say that because your digestive system has been significantly altered , for whatever reason, your absorption of nutrients and chemicals and maybe how long they remain in your digestive tract may have been altered as well. The absence of your ascending colon and a good portion of your small intestine could set you up for short gut issues so even if you could absorb them they are moving through too quickly. I don’t know your exact situation and details of your medical history but that seems to me to be a possible explanation. Having no gallbladder in regards to breakdown of fat based foods may be a factor but I am not sure by how much. Maybe?

6 Likes

There is an additive u add into edibles that helps the absorption and break down of the thc i believe leciathinor something like that u get it at health stores. @kapouic can tell u all about it what it does he has a better understanding of it and what it does i believe. It moght help u out

5 Likes

Yes, it’s lecithin. It helps the liver better absorbs the THC and faster too… :nerd_face:
I use Sunflower Lecithin now, and my edibles kicks in a lot faster and harder! :thinking:

10 Likes

I made some brownies the other day with shake from my last grow, put about an ounce of shake in two boxes of brownie mix. Absolutely laid me out lol. Don’t know how you are making your edibles but it’s my understanding (old school from way back when) that it has to be subjected to heat no matter how you do it. Too hot you ruin it, not hot enough it won’t absorb.

4 Likes

Thank you all so much for the input!!. I will try the lethicin and gummies at lower Temps. I was diagnosed with the crohns 30 years ago and what a f-in ride it has been. My liver is in great shape though. . Never was any good as a drinker and now its maybe a beer on my birthday kindathing. Thank you all again I will keep trying!!

4 Likes

I have soy lecithin and no unflavored gelatin so I am going to coop and picking these up. I made my rso from a home grown y griega strain I cured it for 30 days then decarbed the flower. This was put into 190 proof everclear soaked for 2 weeks then strained and slowly reduced this to half. I made the jolly ranchers from this batch. Gave my neighbor 1 and it laid him out. He is an experienced user. I had eaten about 6 or seven while I was making them and nothing for me… with all your help I will figure this out… thank you all!!!

3 Likes

After reading and searching more there is another line of thought concerning liver enzymes cup and their effect on metabolizing certain drugs. This kinda makes sense concerning me as I have always had a high tolerance to pain meds and things like muscle relaxers. I am only 5 ft and 110-115 lbs. Going to see if my doc can check this. On the other hand I made more gummy bears with lecithin this time… I guess this is one of the fun times being a guinea pig…

2 Likes
1 Like

My wife has chrones with no Colen and loss of some of her intestines and my edibles work with her and my gummies I don’t use lecithin but will start good info kapouic :clap:t3: When absorbed through the liver your body converts it to a different form of thc than with smoking and maybe your body genetics doesn’t accept that form .like when that one guy in your group who smokes but doesn’t get high while everybody else has 5 lit :smoking: in the ashtray we are born with receptors in our body and. Eeverbodys is a little different hopefully the lecithin will help

2 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

What started your love for edibles?

1 Like

Hey @kkustom would you happen to have red hair by any chance?

1 Like

I love the way that I can tailor my high as I want.
Eat just a little at a time, a few times a day and you have a functional happy day.
Eat a lot and get stoned stupid for a couples of hours… or anything in between… :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Someone’s watching you!!! Lol

Soy lecithin you shouldn’t use. Absorption isn’t good with soy, the way the body absorbs and breakdown. Sunflower is much better, molecules break down better to absord the THC and in the body. Just what I’ve learned…:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thank you all. Sorry been sick this last week no energy to communicate. @truthhound funny question i am a brunette with reddish undertones. @bobette I have been looking for the sunflower lecithin. Will try that next last night I tried some digestive enzymes with some canna honey . Didn’t feel anything per se but I did sleep better last night… hope everyone is staying safe. Oh and hehe I may need an emotional support Canadian if things here don’t settle down. Xo to all

4 Likes