Northern Upper Michigan outdoor grow

Oh of course not. The rain was expected, the hail wasn’t. Couldn’t make cages yet either, I was wearing a heart halter for a bit n the two activities don’t mix. Nope, they out there as nature intended, naked to the world. Gonna check em soon as my kid gets off the bus n show more sad pics.

5 Likes

They survived…

4 Likes

No real wind damage but I’m gonna have to clean em up before mold n rot become issues.

7 Likes

Yeah I’d strip all the yellow off if it has any green leaves it be but the yellow will just die off. I do like random days I’ll just go up to the yellows and a slight touch of it comes off it’s meant to be. Lol. If it takes any effort I’d leave it as it is possibly working still but he’ll green is good for a frost accident. Lol. @kapouic had some outside and had snow and all looked dead I believe he left it and they grew back they r stronger than one thinks. Autos not so much but photos r killer when stuff like that happens.

6 Likes

I hadn’t taken the yellow leaves yet because I had just transferred them outside, then the weather hit and I didn’t want to stress them more. Now they’re wet, making it hard to strip em without damage, so I hope tomorrow is nicer lol. still have to assess the other spot.

4 Likes

it’s a halfway decent day out, so I kicked the Boy outside n played with my plants.they all looked ok, one top had to be cut off cus grey mold developed. A couple had pinned themselves to the ground, so that was interesting. Buckets of yellow and crispy leaves came off. So, enjoy these babies in natural recovery.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I still need to mow lol

5 Likes

Def look so much better now. They will kick back full swing now. As long as weather cooperates. Lol. If u know frost is coming that night go outside and wrap them in big towels to keep the weather off them. The towel will help insulate them and keep them from hopefully freezing.

Ur plants made me wait it out another week before I gave my aunt her outdoor ones I was giving her to do. Lol.

5 Likes

Glad I could serve a purpose lol. I usually have cages on em and when I know frost is coming I have a few dozen blankets that wrap the cages. Helps in endgame just before harvest. Just couldn’t cage em in time, and didn’t actually know it was gonna frost till I woke up n saw it lol. That’s the nature of relying on nature though.

5 Likes

Yeah we have had blazing hott days here the whole week would have been a great week to throw some.out and get them used to the outdoors feel. Lol. She will be small 2 autos and one photo. This is only her second time growing weed. Last year I set her up with 1 plant photo and she did amazing with it for not using pH meters and stuff. Plant came out super nice. Smaller buds but really nice and tasty. She was super excited about it and wanted to do it again

6 Likes

That’s cool lol, my mom and my GMA also offered, but they’d need indoor cus they live in town. I might rig up an inside grow next year for em. Basic stuff, timers n lights lol. It’s fun, educational, an productive. Can’t argue with that lol

7 Likes

If u get them going on autos I don’t even need a tent a corner in a room that can be as dark as possible. My autos never see complete dark they r in a spare bathroom with no door on it and the bath is next to kitchen in direct line of my stove night light so always has a glow someway somehow. A light a fan and a decent corner is about all needed besides a pH meter to adjust nutes pH. If organic u don’t even need that just tap water. I find organic a bit harder for me to get them like I get with feeding jacks and supplements. Seems to be more issues for me trying organic with using shit that gets mixed and top dresses. Not for me. I enjoy the make a batch and water or feed the autopot rez. Lol. But yeah get mama and gma going a hlg 100 would be good I think for a plant and a decent oscillating fan to move air.

5 Likes

Just when you think the weather can’t mess with you any harder, this double weather alert hits. I’m convinced, I live in a Bermuda triangle of sorts.

4 Likes

My poor plants… My poor poor pitiful plants. Hang in there girls, sunny days ain far away.

5 Likes

I had a few problems with the fires out here in California couple years ago. Keep an eye out for ash all over your plants. I don’t know if it’s related, but more mold problems the years that I had heavy ash.

5 Likes

Good to know, I’ll keep an eye on it. I’m roughly the same distance from Canada as I am from Detroit, and I have gotten warnings in my area related to the Canada fires. Just a couple days ago we had an air pollutant advisory, first I’ve ever seen in my life. The times, they are a changing.

5 Likes

I’m in the thumb, and the haze is crazy. :crossed_fingers: for your plants.

5 Likes

Gonna be a while til I post more pics. Lost electricity yesterday, turns out I need to replace a few poles and line. On top of that, ran outta propane today. Long, long story short, my luck is not in short supply. Unfortunately, that luck is all bad.

3 Likes

Well F###… can’t give you a like on that…:confused:
:thinking:… on the upside, you got the :sunny: :+1:t3:

4 Likes