Northern Upper Michigan outdoor grow

No sun. More frost this morning, without any warning last night.

6 Likes

Sounds like you need a greenhouse. :v:

6 Likes

You’ll be OK as long as they are well rooted I’ve had plants go through frost lots of times. Haven’t had a problem unless it’s for a extended period of time. When they frost up just before sunrise and then thaw out just after it doesn’t usually harm them.:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

Been thinking about building one from scratch, save for the panels or plastic, but just can’t afford it yet. Plus, my health has been in a downward spiral for some time. Got the 'lectric back, still no propane. That means no stove, furnace, dryer, or water heater. turned out to be a couple wires got crossed in a high wind and welded together to make a short. The wires went to an out-building, so I just cut power to it. the plants live… For now. Temps been crazy low lately, n will continue to be so. At this point I just gotta wait n see. Which is all I can do anyway, I got sick as a dog walking in the rain on Monday taking care of financial aid n stuff. I’m off my feet for a bit. Seems I’m not short on luck, it’s just that it’s all bad luck.

4 Likes

Finally got my lawn mowed… A bit late though. Mold is an issue now, but it could be worse. Spent some time snipping and triaging., But as always all I can do is wait.

5 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Blue magic works great against molds and mildews. I use it all the time as I suffer wpm issues don’t matter what I do somehow I get wpm on most grows but the blue magic wipes it away nice.

6 Likes

Got a buck hanging round. My camera sux lol

6 Likes

Small, fur (velvet) covered antlers hard to see in these snaps

4 Likes

Picture updates and glamour shots. Most are random seeds or clones, but 3 small ones are Cinderella 99 and the last small one is Blueberry

6 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

This may be a dumb question, but are the ones farther along autoflowers? My tall dark n slender is the only one started from seed, and that was in January, so I’m confused why most of em are flowering so much harder than the others. Haven’t put much thought into it cus I’ll chop em down when they’re ready regardless of when lol. Stay safe, stay high.

4 Likes

Slight edit: the tallest was seed, and the 3 Cindy’s and blueberry were seeds. All the others were clones and we’re free, but I don’t know anything beyond that.

4 Likes

Pics from today. Been snipping the rot away as it appears, still dealing with the fallout though normally, once I put the plants outside, their cycles sync up. Right now, just the seed born ones are on course, the other 9 are much more sugary than they should be. They were clones from unknown origin, so I’m not even sure if they’re autos or not. Advice would be appreciated.

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

So, before I post these, I wanna restate that my main goals for growing are, but not limited to: grow instead of buy, costing less and being self sufficient; growing cheaply, adding nothing and spraying nothing, relying on my land and weather. I will water, especially on days like today where it broke 100, but literally nothing else. I like to grow from seed, but it’s not very efficient sometimes lol; growing lazily, I let my garden go days, sometimes weeks without taking a walk through. Got excuses, getting old, not as healthy, etc, but it’s all laziness to me. So there you have it. A self sufficient, cheap, lazy grow. With that in mind, here’s an update.

3 Likes