OlyAutoflower Spring/Summer 2021 Project (Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.)

Looks noice! Interested to see how the perlite pans go for you, i have not heard of this before…

2 Likes

Wat is tha rain mesh @OlyBoy

2 Likes

the rain science pots allow roots to grow through. as the roots that grow through the side of the pots, they will air prune. and I hope to be able to be able to eventually bottom feed these plants through their roots as they grow through the bottom and into into the perlite.

is that what you were referring to?

2 Likes

Okok that’s wassup N yea u answered my question
@OlyBoy

2 Likes

Here’s some auto flowers I’ve grown in the past
Sweet Zombie & Bubba Kush

7 Likes

They look great! This is my first autoflower grow, so I’ve been reading as much as I can to shift gears from photos to autos.

4 Likes

I’m doin the exact opposite but I feel like photos are a lil easier so far

1 Like

I had a feeling thats what you were going for, you got me interested for sure lol

2 Likes

If you’re planning on bottom feeding through that perlite in the pan you might want to put some small air stones in there. Standing water without oxygenating it can pose many root problems… Bad juju… :+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes

I think they might be also. But I have to get my outdoor plants harvested by the end of September and I wanted to give autos a try.

Good lookin’ out. :facepunch:t2: :metal:t2: Yeah. I don’t want standing water. My initial plan was to have the bottom 2" of the pots be perlite under the FFOF/#4 mix. This way seemed a little easier to maintain, and I’d still have the ability to just drain off anything in the perlite pots.

I think (I know) I have had a tendency to underwater. I almost never water to runoff. I think that these pots will allow me to feed/water later without worrying about over watering quite as much.

2 Likes

I feel ya im pretty sure my second grow could ve done better with more watering that’s why grow 3 I decided to really learn to feel out how much they are drinking by weight of pot just past week 4 and they re getting lighter faster so 1/2 gallons every other day now I suspect in 2-3 weeks I’ll be doing it every day and if the tangerine dream and frosty gelato keep vegging maybe a full gallon each every day (I swear my slow start girls always out grow my speedy fast girls)

4 Likes

I’m picking up what you’re putting down. lol! Since my indoor grow is on carpet, this is the best I can do for now.

5 Likes

Looking good @OlyBoy! I love the perlite underneath. That’s brilliant.

2 Likes

Man I just love the way you think. This should be good…:grin::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Looking good brother. I’m excited to see what you can do with autos.

4 Likes

Plenty of room on the wagon.
Ride em in Rawhide!
Welcome aboard.

2 Likes

And another one…and another one! Man is it time to start outside plants already… Gollleee time passes by so fast. Gonna be april fool’s day this week. Anywho Oly is a busy pot farmer it looks. I need to start thinking what I might throw outside.

3 Likes

i love autos. i dont train them i dont top them and i transplant a few times. you gotta love a plant that does what it wants no matter what you do.

3 Likes

All three plants popped out of the dirt yesterday or last night!

I am counting today as Day 1.

03/30

10 Likes