OlyAutoflower Spring/Summer 2021 Project (Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.)

It’s all good. Growing reg seeds is like playing roulette. And if you know that going into it, you know that sometimes you lose. The good thing is the odds when growing reg seeds is always better than Vegas!

I’ll redo the 3 gal grow with another seed ISK in 2-3 days when the next seed pops it’s tail out.

2 Likes

Day 20

04/18

6 Likes

ISK root inspection.

This looks so cool. I wish I could take better pics. Three hands would make this easier.

7 Likes

When the roots are swooshing around in the kiddie pool, the roots look very light and feathery and beautiful. It doesn’t have the same look when it’s in the pitcher.

5 Likes

Good to know it’s more resistant to stress flowering than the mother strain. There’s a 50% chance that kink in the tap would have stunted a Poison Breath and made it flower earlier. That’s one of the traits I’m going to be weeding out, if I see it, when I hunt f2 parents.

2 Likes

I couldn’t get a good pic of what that really looked like. That funky kink was where the stem was bent at the soil. The root made a quick angle change and shot straight down.

I could also see the limited roots on the close side of the pot and the extended roots on the far side. I could also see how the roots shot out vertically to find the outer edges of their growing area. And I could see the tap root growing down and branching and branching and branching. Now I really, really want to see what the roots look like if they had unrestricted root growth.

I think I have a much better idea of how the roots grow. I have a better idea now how how I want to water in the ground v. when I grow in a pot.

3 Likes

The Zz and WC were very light this afternoon. So they got watered again. When I took the ISK out of his pot, there was a LOT of dry soil. I need to water more.

For the rest of the waterings I’m going to focus on watering around the outside of the pot. I also understand now that I don’t need 1.5" of perlite in those saucers. Half an inch of perlite in the saucer is all I need to have the roots extend into.

I haven’t put the Zz and WC away yet. I’m going to re-saucer those two before sticking them in their closet.

3 Likes

I do you flood irrigation on my outside I do not have a problem with drainage so I load them up.

1 Like

Those were the words I was looking for! Thank you!

1 Like

The clone got a saucer to sit in also.

04/18

7 Likes

Day 21

Both plants got their first hit of Jacks321 this morning.

04/19

6 Likes

Yay! Samples!

3 Likes

The WC continues to grow. I adjusted her training wire to keep her growing at an angle.

The Zz concerns me a little. Growth has slowed down. Leaves are curling a little bit

And I’m getting a slight indication of a nute deficiency.

I thought the lights in my closet might be low. They were at 18” the day before yesterday, and I raised them to 24”.

Is there anything else that I’m missing?

3 Likes

Oh yeah, baby! You’re going in the dirt this afternoon.

8 Likes

I started one last night. :metal::grin::metal: “Counted” seeds last night and realized I have close to 250. I figured 1 more wouldn’t hurt. :wink:

4 Likes

This a fresh 3-gal pot with a 40/40/20 mix of FFOF/Sunshine #4/perlite. The little red cup has Sunshine #4 and a couple teaspoons of mykos and then I slowly added water to the cup until I noticed water dripping thru some holes that I poked earlier. When I saw water dripping out, I popped the little red cup back in its hole. Now I’ll wait a couple hours for the new pot to warm up. When the soil in the red cup has warmed up a little I’ll dump the cup out in its hole, plant the seed, and re-dome the seedling area.

I’m not going to put this any perlite in this saucer for a week (until I see some roots poking through the bottom of the bag).

5 Likes

There. The seed is about .5” down and barely covered up.

04/20

3 Likes

The suspense :scream: …what strain is the new baby?!

3 Likes

It’s another Interstate Killer!

Red banded pots (or the red tomato cage) for this summer will be be ISK. That way I don’t have to read when I’m scrolling thru the pics. Green will mean WC and Yellow will be for the Zz.

5 Likes

Should’ve noticed that, i’ve commented on how great the color-coding is! I’ll go sit in the corner…

6 Likes