OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

Apparently, 70% of these are dudes. We shall see! :joy:

I’ve left these six outside for the last few nights. They’ve got rained on a little bit a few times.

Both monkey cakes are dudes. That sucks.

I’m probably leaving this one outside from now on.

These two have gotten rained on really good for the past few days. Their pots are really light, but I’m going to hold off on watering them.

I need to transplant a couple of these photos into 5 gallon pots. And I’ll grow that little Kush plant with my 2nd photo run this summer.

05/18

16 Likes

Good morning, growmies!

Here’s where we’re at.

The autos look happy

I’ve kept them outside for the past two weeks. The night temps have gotten down to the low 40s (and 39 on one night). they seem to like the supersoil. So far, they’ve only gotten tapwater or rainwater.

Close to the end of week 4 for these two.

JA is starting to show some color already!

My little tree is showing a bunch of healthy new growth.

She’s gonna lose a few branches for cloning.

The JA clones in the red cups seem perfectly happy in their solo cup homes.

The seedlings (not really seedlings, I guess) really look like they want to grow. Jeez. I have to put them in their 5 gal pots soon. The JA in the blue pot will have a few branches taken for cloning also. Either for the Johnny Appleseed project or for friends.

I’m gonna get a bigfoot (or gorilla costume) and have one of the kids run around in the background of a picture sometime.

I got two more MC seeds that I’m gonna pop soon. And I’m going to save one of these boys for pollinating one if I can get a girl this time.

The one on the right is the boy that split all by itself at the 2nd node.

I hope you all stay lifted this weekend. I hope everyone (at least here in America) takes the time to remember the men and women that this weekend was set aside for. But not just for the US, every country has citizen-heroes that defended and fought and died (and are still defending and fighting and dying) for their homes.

Kitz, Smitty, Jason, Jason, Ashleigh, Joker, Uncle Ivan, Grandpa Bill, and so many many more. Thank you.

Stay lifted, friends. :evergreen_tree: :dash: :fire:

05/28

17 Likes

So much green. How do you live in such a gorgeous place. If I lived there I would wake up and cry each morning from the beauty of the green, the lushness, it’s overwhelming.

12 Likes

It’s the cross I must bear. :laughing:

Thanks for checking out my grow. I guess it would be embarrassing if I lived in a place like this and COULDN’T keep these plants alive.

11 Likes

if you’re ever in the PNW, check our small slice of heaven.

We actually have a temperate rain forest about 1.5 hours from here.

13 Likes

Plants looking outmotherfuckingstanding Oly Just up potted the clone you sent me

Gotta trim it up a bit. Surprised it’s still alive. Gonna take a few clones before I put it outback. Been neglecting it and the German Duck, just ried to keep em alive during the winter. Hopefully next year I can reverse one and make seeds. My plate has been kinda full. When I make seeds, you will get some first, before I release them to anyone else. :+1:t4: :v:t4:
Gary

15 Likes

If you put Snipe in the bigfoot costume it be much more believable… LoL :laughing:
The little tree that keeps on giving!

10 Likes

Well, it looks like I’m gonna be a little bit late for work today. I left my keys in OlyGirl‘s car last night and I’m waiting for her to bring them back over. :joy:

So I get to spend a few more minutes with my plants this morning. And here’s a few pictures of where we’re at.

05/31

19 Likes

You watching new Obi - Wan series? Episodes 3 out today. I won’t give it away but Anakin is still alive O … LoL

11 Likes

I’ll have to check it out. I saw the first two episodes last week, I was a little disappointed. Kind of slow :man_shrugging::v:t3:

9 Likes

Well part III picks up the pace… Leai was pissing me off in episode 2… lol
Hap my son is like ridiculous with star wars. I told him I knew Grand Inquisitor was gonna get out. He’s like c’mon dad… he’s in star wars rebels which is after this series so you know he’s rebooted… kid will tell you every model or name of every spaceship, what every order is… execute order 99, 67, 37 … it’s pretty remarkable actually.
Little shit wouldn’t wait for me today to watch part 3. Says he saw it at 3 am this morning when it came out . LoL
Okay past my bedtime… :v:

10 Likes

I haven’t seen it yet.

And whenever I have a question about something in a new Netflix series, I’ll Google the question and usually end up watching a few episodes of Cline Wars or Rebels or Bad Batch to watch the backstory!

9 Likes

Awesome looking palm tree I mean weed tree lol.
How tall is it?

10 Likes

That’s no pot plant … That’s Mary Jane Evergreen. Rebels is gooder then Bad Batch, you surely finished Mandalorian ehh.

9 Likes

No but I watched all of The Grand Tour lmao.

8 Likes

I LOVE that show!

8 Likes

I was pissed the other day when I went to watch Top gear and it was gone.

9 Likes

The main stem is 43" above the dirt. There’s 60-70 branches (between 30-35 pairs of nodes) above the dirt. The bottom branch [still] on the plant is branch #42 and there’s a twist tie on it. I got tired of counting the bottom branches to keep track of how many branches she had. A bunch of the branches went to making clones. She’s got sisters in five other states now. I’m kind of stoked to see how they do with other growers.

I’ve got one of these things

that i found laying in the middle of a field on a frisbee golf course at a local park.

I’m gonna use it for when she gets planted in her forever-field later this month. I already know where it’s going. I need one hike to dig the hole/stash the compost (then conceal the hole & bag o’post and water). A few days later, I’ve got to drive the plant to where we have to start hiking, put the plant in my rucksack (with that big stem sticking out of the top like an antenna), hike it out to the hole, roll it out of the mesh bag, plop it in the hole, dump in the compost, wet it all down, sprinkle some grass seed on the bare dirt, conceal the bare dirt, spray some coyote-piss stuff around the plant that’s supposed to keep deer away… and then I’m gonna just leave it.

I’ll go back a few weeks later to see if it’s okay, maybe spray the hell out of it with Neem oil. Spray more coyote-piss spray around (if the deer haven’t eaten it yet). We’ll just let nature just do her thing. My reg plants that turn out to be male are going in a field on the other side of the woods from where this plant is going. Just about everything else I’m planting wild is going way over somewhere else.

Before I plant it in the wild, I’m gonna take branch #42, clone it, stick it in a little flower pot, and it’ll be the runt that I keep alive to grow next spring. I think this plant is 13 months old now. I need one that fits on the counter again! :rofl:

Hell yeah! I freaking love that name now!

I need to figure out how to get a silhouette of Mary Jane Evergreen on the Cascadia flag.

11 Likes

S2ISK budder.

Time for NSFW Rice Krispie treats.

13 Likes

Holy crap if that is NOT not the greenest butter ever I have seen O. You didn’t use the old and true simmer method I guess. You use the everclear or what have you method? That is some pretty looking spread I do say.

13 Likes