OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

Nice verigation!

6 Likes

Looks like a fully OlyHouse in the future! :metal:

4 Likes

Bro, you totally nailed it. I didn’t even know.

We’re getting there.

I know I’m going to be re-hanging the lights and re-routing the power cables, but at least it’s up.

03/05

14 Likes

Welcome to the tent world! There’s some adjustment period, but once you’re dialed you’ll definitely notice a difference. :metal:

7 Likes

I’m watching the hygrometer readout on my phone and it’s driving me kind of crazy watching the numbers. I also know I need to re-hang the lights, because I did it all wrong because the things didn’t fit. I need some zip ties, some Velcro strips, and OlyKid needs to get some saucers or something.

I also need to figure out how the f-ing exhaust fan mounts inside the tent! I know that I need to get some ducting to vent the air. But what to I mount the fan to? I imagine I’m supposed to zip tie it to something, but I haven’t figured that part out yet. Also, how the heck am I supposed to black out where the air intake is supposed to be? One of the rectangle holes with a screen? One of the circle holes with the draw-string? Geez. I know i can YouTube it.

I’m glad I didn’t plan for this. I never woulda done it. But it’s so much fun.

13 Likes

Ratchet hangers from the top bars of the tent is what i did.
And for the intakes, i used filter foam. It’s supposed to keep leaves and trash out of gutters. I cut it into chunks and stuffed them into the intake ducts for filtering and light blocking.

Once you get your exhaust set up and dialed in, they will settle down some.
I was ready to pull my hair out at one point. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Yeah it can be a bit of a PIA to set everything up, getting it dialed in and getting used to it :slight_smile:
Like @mudman I use ratchet hangers for the lights cause they’re so easy to adjust height.
And these ‘lashing straps’ to hang the exhaust fan & filter (if u have the filter inside the tent) to mount 'em to the top bars of the tent:

Yeah this is always a bit difficult if you don’t work with an intake fan, but exhaust fan only. Secret Jardin sells these “light baffles” for their tents, works well if you have 16mm poles. Suppose you could MacGyver it a bit if you have different sized poles. You don’t really need those clips that clip on the poles. Only if you want to connect their fan+filter plug&play system to it. The kit comes with a cutter to make a perfect circular hole and a “baffle” to block the light, but let the air through:

8 Likes

They actually have kits for 1" poles too it seems.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info y’all!

6 Likes

@corduroypants

10 Likes

To solve that air intake / light problem @OlyBoy you could also put a 4 or 6" pvc snake together and stick it through the bottom intake hole, kinda like this:

Or use regular ducting to create some light blocking corners…

7 Likes

So the clones seem to be doing okay. How soon is spring?

13 Likes

Doesn’t like all the 3D printer guys make hangers for that s*** ? O … YOUR boy and mine are about same age, 15 ? Dude him and I went to the beach this weekend boogey boarding… I brought the old coffee table to try and show him how to surf a bit. It’s been YEARS DUDE! YEARS!! :laughing: LOL. so ya… we built Sandcastles! LMAO Both burnt to a friggin crisp, mom’s was a little pissed :rage:.
" That’s okay…another blunt she’ll love me in da morning!
You never did the tent thing before? I did not know that!

10 Likes

Friggen duct tape to the rescue… flap her !! Lol

7 Likes

Wash

Pluto’s Bride

Pluto’s Bride

03/08

10 Likes

:joy::rofl::rofl:… you kill me…:rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Yeah. I only have a corner of my bedroom closet for my indoor space. And I have a little plant or two to play with during the winter.

Then I loose control growing outside in the summer :rofl:

And when CP said they wanted a tent, I was like ‘okay but this is all on you’. They might be more of a nerd than I am with numbers and the humidity and the fan and all that shit. Good. :joy: :rofl: :joy:

11 Likes

CP?? Bigger nerd with #'s … Laughable! O I got trapped in YouTube land last night washing dude make them huge like Sequoia wood big ol slab tables finished in epoxy. Like 15k for these dining room tables he charges. BUT my point - talk about anal OCD #'s guy. This dude was meticulous, 100 X’s beyond my realm of anal-isity. Them woodworkers are pretty incredible. I get so jealous not with there work so much but with the tools and the knowledge these cats hold. They tell stories and seriously get into the cause and effect of EVERYTHING they do. From how the wood grains & knots, what would happen if you do this or DONT do that. But you know what is most common - I learned this the HARD way - “take my advice” … LoL

8 Likes

So @OlyBoy , is @corduroypants your kid or? I’m confused :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yep! :joy:. They’ve developed an interest in tent growing!

9 Likes