OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

thanks! I know you’ve been looking for a tent, but I hope you get to grow outdoors again this spring.

9 Likes

100% do plan to grow outside still, tent is so I can grow year round :joy:

9 Likes

Oly, you’re rocking it !
Those girls all look like Cinderellas !

6 Likes

Thank you! She’s coming down this week.

07/09

11 Likes

Meanwhile, down in the bakery…

cat added for scale

and… FIGHT!

bap bap bap

kid, i’m trying to take a nap

please go away meow

07/11

12 Likes

Nice family of plants Oly!

6 Likes

Oops :grimacing: :joy:

It happens. It’ll bounce back.

07/12

9 Likes

Yes it does and yes it will.

5 Likes

Thirsty??

Man, I’ve been so busy making Lakefair happen, working til 10p some nights, I haven’t even seen my plants for 4 days. I asked my man to water them if they look dry. I did do some IPM on them over the weekend. Neem, DE, and Mosquito Bits. They really had started growing, I’ll tell ya. Will be nice when LF is over and I get my life back. Are ya going?

I think I have one more BBP to apply because I noticed a couple of them started flowering. Gotta read the directions again to be sure.

Take care of your girls!!

7 Likes

heck yeah! We’re going tomorrow!

7 Likes

Upstairs girls

Wash

Montana Silvertip trained out

Pave 2 is starting to stretch

… … …

Here’s the autoflowers ~51 days since popping out of the dirt

Forge

Widow Maker

Pineapple Express auto

Yep. She finally started to grow. She looks a little wonky, but we’ll see what she does.

07/18

10 Likes

Remember the Montana Silvertip from earlier? This one?

She jumped off the railing this afternoon.

Luckily OlyKid was there to help me tape it up.

Also, the clones jumped.

07/18

11 Likes

Them clones look like they’re well rooted. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

:joy: yeah they are. I was supposed to stick them in the dirt this afternoon. but the weather was too nice and me and the kids went to the city water park fountain thing. I’ll put them in the ground tomorrow.

I really am starting to think my cloning days are behind me. It’s fun and all… but there are other strains that I want to grow. And I still haven’t found the [one strain] that want to keep forever. I used to do it to keep myself busy. I’m finding it counter-top clutter now.

I have a jar with the pollen I made from one of the Wash plants last year… I think I’m going to try to pollinate the remaining Wash plant I got and get a bunch of seeds and just keep them for a while and do other stuff. I know I’ll come back to it eventually. I have a few good looking Wash seeds from last year’s project. I want a few more from this year and this Wash plant to make sure I’m covering my genetic bases.

You know what I’d clone if I could get a hold of some seeds?

Cherry Ice Cream.

9 Likes

The autos. 61 days since popping out of the dirt…
Downstairs autos: PE, Forge, WM

CCA

PE

(yep 61 days)

WM

F

The Photos
MS

this is the plant that jumped (fell) last week. Since then it’s developed a nutrient deficiency. I don’t know why. it’s getting the same stuff the rest of the plants seems to like. Shock is weird. Amirite?

P2

Wash

Downstairs photos: CP, WR, MS

GG5

07/27

12 Likes

Dang, Oly you are r o c k i n it!!

6 Likes

You know what’s funny? This is an amazing fun hobby for me. I really like the mystery.

like why this autoflower just hit pause for 45 days?

seed came from the same batch as the plant on the far left below in the yellow pot…

bakery

I’m vaguely aware of what’s happening down there. i kill the wasps (and yellowjackets that hang around) and make sure nothing is thirsting to death. I made a 5 gallon bucket of compost/soil last year that we’re using for top-dressing this summer.

why did this plant get a potassium deficiency when none of the other plants got one. could the trauma of falling off the railing really cause a deficiency? I don’t know for sure, but when I gave this plant a high-K nutrient drink, she chilled tf out.

here is this year’s Joan Of Arc (Wash plant)

She turned on year old in July.

08/01

10 Likes

I caught a bug!
Yeah. I’m the dumb guy who chases down snakes and big bugs without knowing what I’m grabbing.

This thing was pissed and the hissing noise was kind of intimidating.

i saw it flying and then it bonked into one of the cannabis plant on accident. I haven’t seen one of these before. And I let it go.

08/03

6 Likes

Looks like something in the Potato Beetle family, Oly…

No MERCY !!!

7 Likes

This cracked me up! Thanks!

I’m really stoned. I’m babysitting my daughter’s kittens and my daughter has much better pot than what I grow. I really need to work on growing ‘top shelf’. For some reason, my grow doesn’t get me stoned. It helps me sleep and is a little heady but not much.

6 Likes