OlyBoy's (Dunning–Kruger growing style) Last Wash Clone rambling thread with bad advice

Day 38

Wash got 1 gal ow water and nutes this morning. She felt VERY dry and her leaves were droopy a little. Good.

She needed to dry out real good after the soaking she got last week.

The two clones got .5 cups water and nutes.

06/17

7 Likes

Day 39

06/18

6 Likes

11 Likes

LOOK at the stem on that girl. Good for U Olyboy what a beautiful job. Great grow

3 Likes

I love it when that purple starts to come on… deepest purple it’s delightful. Looking swell Oly

5 Likes

Day 40

@LasVegas7 @LoCoRocK Thank you. You know what’s funny about the color?

They are behind where I thought they should be based upon the days since flipping.

But they are almost at the same color where they were on this date last year. And it’s making me a believer that color is more related to the weather conditions and sunlight rather than the number of days since flipping.

7 Likes

Day 41

Her skinner branches can’t already hold their own weight. I’m going to have to find a small tomato cage or something.

06/20

5 Likes

This was easier said than done. And I’m not done.

It’s a lot like trying to fit a screaming baby in to a pair of pajamas that the baby absolutely done not want to wear!

I need a break from the plant and the plant needs a break from me.

3 Likes

So I trimmed the bottom third off of a 42" tomato cage and released all the training ties off of the plant.
Then I fought with this plant for an hour trying to stuff and tie everything loosely in place. I know one or two branches cracked real good. And now I’m facing sundown/plant bedtime. But here’s where I’m at now.

Front

90 degrees clockwise.

Back

One more side

and back to the front.

Now I have to wait a few days and make sure she’s okay with it all. And I know some of those ties to the cage have to be re-tied soon/eventually.

Technique Points: 1 out of 10. Do not recommend.

06/20

10 Likes

Lmao…spot on it seems!!!

3 Likes

Day 42

She doesn’t look too bad thank goodness.

I’m so glad not to have those binder clips on here anymore.

And from the top it’s easy to see all the growth in the east facing side.

She got .5 gal water and nutes when she came out this morning. It’s supposed to be in the 90s this week!

06/21

6 Likes

And I should have worn gloves. I’m hands were sticky up past my wrists. :joy:

It sure smelled good though!

5 Likes

5e8943350476e80c9447dae8d950d49d

4 Likes

I totally get it. Sometimes I wait too long to put my tomatos into cages and then aaaarrrrrggghhhhh … would love to have seen a video of your experience :grinning:

3 Likes

Me too! I bet it would have been funny. There was a lot of cussing.

4 Likes

Day 44

She got 10 cups of water and nutes this morning.

06/23

And I made myself a liar again.

Another Wash clone growing! It’ll be left outside to flower with natural sunlight. And it’s small enough to bring inside when humidity is an issue in late September and October.

8 Likes

Day 45

06/24

11 Likes

Day 46

.5 gal water and nutes today.

11 Likes

Yay! My Father’s Day gift arrived!

I guess I’ll grow the next mother plant in new planter.

There’s actually a saucer hidden under the planter to catch runoff. And the string is supposed to wick water into the pot.

I’ll just keep it in the living room for now.

9 Likes

I’m glad that you got another Wash Clone for yourself! So, she just becomes a houseplant, for now? I’m going to try for a clone once I get far enough with finding a female and her being healthy and strong enough. God willing.

3 Likes