OlyBoy's growing indoors this time (Sunset Sherbet)

Wow–so glad I found your journal! These photos and your comments tell a great story. (So keep on posting on my journal.) I will have to read all of it in detail slowly and take notes! But right now I just wanted to say that I had to do a double take and zoom in on your LST and then write this note . . .

I am retired after working for 45 years at several companies. And over the years somehow various office supplies have ended up in my home. Not sure how that happened . . . So . . .

Now I know what to do with all of those binder clips!!! What a great idea? Do you know if anyone explains LST in detail on youtube? I’d like to see how it’s done in a video. I just have always seen still shots of the end result.

Also, I saw you had a break. I assume with autos a break might be less likely to recover, true? So, I do want to do my LST gently. Thanks!

7 Likes

Ya breaks on autos suck since they are gonna finish up in the same time. Can’t give it any extra veg time ya know… bunch of good videos. I like Mr. Grow it - very detailed and anal… right up my alley! Whoa :flushed: - that don’t sound good preceding anal comment… LoL

4 Likes

I have bookmarked some of Mr. Grow It–I need to watch more. And we do need these experienced people to be anal for us newbies . . .ouch, that didn’t sound so good either . . :sunglasses:

Yea, I think I have read you can repair breaks in autos but good luck! I will check out Mr. Grow . . Thanks!

3 Likes

chokes on coffee

5 Likes

Not funny bruh…okay maybe a little!! I knew what I was walking into :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve only grown photos so far. The plants are much more bendable and forgiving while they are vegging. The plant I have broken have been after they have been in flower and the branches have hardened.

From what I understand, a break on an auto can be recovered, but the stress on the plant recovering from the break would likely result in a lower yield. When I start my auto plants this spring, I’m going to have to finish any LST before they go full into flower. For my outdoor autos, I don’t plan on doing any training.

There are plenty of how-to videos for training. Here’s one of the ones that Loco was talking about earlier.

As you start bending and guiding your plants, you’ll be able to figure out how much then can take. And if you break a branch here and there, it’s not that big of a deal. I’m sure just about everyone does it from time to time. And cannabis is a very forgiving plant. You will be amazed at how bad they will look one day and how quickly they recover!

And I’m glad we found a use for some of your ‘office supplies’. :rofl:

7 Likes

Dang @OlyBoy looks great keep it up :+1:.

3 Likes

I sit in front of mine waiting for my medibles to kick in?

3 Likes

Good way to lose track of time haha

3 Likes

If you want to lose time just hang out on here it melts away

5 Likes

Right now the RH in my closet is sitting around 63%.

I’ve read that decreasing humidity while in flower increases trichome production. But how low is too low? And what is the optimal rh in the second half of flower?

01/12

12 Likes

I’m with you, bro.

5 Likes

Where are your ladies as of today @OlyBoy ?

Going to be sick looking buds for sure!!!

4 Likes

They are just starting their fifth week since I’ve flipped them.

5 Likes

Smoked some Sunset Sherbet last week, it was the main staple of the coffee shop I was in. Damn fine smoke, super high too. Your plant looks great and happy growing.

4 Likes

Thanks! I watched the video–Mr. Grow It does a great job. It did show before and after shots of LST. I still need to find in a video how you chose which branches to bend (sure I get the goal is eventually even canopy and try to get all exposed to the light. I’ll keep searching and appreciate any more links! Thanks again–I will depending on all of you to get me smart about all of this!

5 Likes

We have no power today, thanks to a big storm last night. The ladies are gonna get a few more hours of darkness this morning.

4 Likes

Litter extra sleep don’t hurt…I actually hit snooze and was an hour late this morning…that is extremely unlike me. It was definitely the new rso I tried yesterday at 6. I passed out by 11 AND overslept till justb past 7… LoL

4 Likes

It’s actually 48° and kind of sunny this morning. And since we have no power, I brought the girls outside for a little bit of natural light.

01/13

9 Likes

A few more outside pics.

14 Likes