OlyBoy's growing indoors this time (Sunset Sherbet)

Oly what is book time on your strains flowering? Its neat to see the difference between light switch and recommend flowering time. I always keep track of that to see how it works out and if I’m close…

4 Likes

I think it’s eight weeks. ILGM Sunset Sherbert. Website says eight weeks flowering indoors. I flipped mid-December since I wanted to have everything harvested and put away by the end of February. We shall see…

2 Likes

It sure seems like it! I don’t know why, but plants being in veg is much more fun. Being in flower is just wait and watch and wait and watch.

I think I’m beginning to understand why some growers always seem to be starting another grow. Being in flower is great, but there is a lot less of ‘something to do’ than when we’re in veg.

Last summer (outdoor) I had multiple (overlapping) grows. I think this summer (outdoor again) will be the same. I’m going to try to grow some baseball bats like you did!

6 Likes

Starting week seven from flip.

And check out those orange buds!

01/25

14 Likes

Looking good…don’t get nervous…:joy::joy::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

You might be on to something Oly. :thinking: We get all of our abusing or training whichever you want to call it in during veg. Laughing a little but not out loud! Maybe a little lollipop here n there but nothing fun until the loupe gets broke out. The problem I run into is 1 room…I only have 1 room. Whether it is a germ room, veg, flower or drying. I hate having to dry above lights on which I’ve put myself in that situation twice before. That’s when I first tried paper bags. A proper dry and cure is what it all comes down too. I can’t be screwing that up now but it’s also where I need to focus my energy this go. They have to be smelling up the place. Do you have to worry about smell Oly, you run a filter?

4 Likes

If you want to grow them Giants start early. If I’m doing clones are usually clip them mid-April, If I’m going from seed are usually start them at the beginning of April. I put them in the ground between the second and third week of May. They usually do a fairly big stretch as soon as you put them out in the ground. And after a couple of weeks there’s a lot of nice fresh new soft growth to bend break top and fim.:+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

I do not have a filter. My indoor grow area is in my master bedroom closet.

Neither of the two strains that I’ve grown indoors (Sunset Sherbert and Unknown (Wash)) have been pungent or skunky. They’ve both had a ‘weed’ smell and a fruity, ‘candy’ smell. They only time I’ve been concerned with smell is when drying after harvest. Since my drying room is in the basement bathroom, I’ve been able to vent the smell out of the house. I would have to be careful if I was growing a strain with diesel/skunk if I was was growing it indoors.

9 Likes

So lucky some of you all are I tell ya. Even though my wife’s a pot head I can’t have ANYTHING pot like in the house. Thankfully my 20 air tight jars up in the closet is okay but no growing or drying in the house. LoL I have a spare bedroom that’s dying to be a grow room. Pretty sure when the kid turns 16 and I boot him out I can start wearing the pants in this household… LMAO
Oh man…I so needed that laugh!!
LoL @ me being the boss or my son out by 20… lol

7 Likes

It has been three days since they were watered/fed and stripped. Today they felt light enough to water again with another half gallon each.

They are getting Jacks321 and Flower Fuel.

01/26

11 Likes

Good green color and healthy! Are you using full regular doses of Jack’s?

3 Likes

Yes, I’m giving them full doses of Jacks and Flower Fuel. The first time I fed them FF, they only got a half dose of Jacks. Since then, they’ve been getting full doses of both. I’m watching for signs of burn, but haven’t noticed anything yet! So I’m going to push them.

6 Likes

I wish I had gotten this hygrometer/ thermometer a couple of months ago. This app is a great way to track humidity and temperature fluctuations. It’s interesting to see the environment in the grow closet change over time.

Here’s the ladies today.

01/27

15 Likes

Oly,
Your girls look amazing.
What a grow!
:fist:

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m watching your grow since I’m going to try my hand at autos next.

5 Likes

Autos are the rabbit hole I can’t get out of.
Love the time turnaround, and for very small grow areas they are a blessing.
Can’t wait to see what you think.

6 Likes

Some big ass leaves on them man. LoL… " the better to stone you with" says little miss redeyes hood!!!

4 Likes

… you’re funny…:joy::rofl::rofl::tada:

3 Likes

Time to get up!

01/29

11 Likes

Here is my teeny tiny grow space.

01/31

9 Likes