OlyBoy's growing indoors this time (Sunset Sherbet)

I don’t know if this’ll work or not…

Thanks to my new wi-if hygrometer, I have become aware of the high humidity in my closet after the lights go out for the night. I have a small dehunidfier that doesn’t seem to do sh!t and a big humidifier that makes the makes the room hot. Screw this. Humidifier’s can suck it.

So I’ve got this access panel to the… attic? Whatever the hell they call the space in between the ceiling and the roof. You can’t put nothin’ up there, because there’s like a foot and a half of insulation up there.

So I took the panel out, grabbed a mover’s box (wardrobe box), my USB fan for my drying room, and some tape and a marker.

I traced a hole in the cardboard and cut it out.

This is how the fan will fit.

It’s actually two layers of thick-ass cardboard taped together with .75” styrofoam insulation on top of it (except where the fan is).

Here’s a pic of all everything I needed tonight.

Here it is in place.

I hope this works. I’ll post a screenshot of the hygrometer report tomorrow.

02/05

10 Likes

Stoner projects are the effing best. Watch it work tits! So your pulling it into the attic, like an additional vent?

8 Likes

Yes, into the attic. My only vent. :rofl:

Stoner ingenuity! :metal:

6 Likes

Thats awesome!! I rigged up a cardboard housing for my 6” exhaust pipe fit over the light frame and up the vent. Too bad i didnt just move the light frame back a few inches instead. Lol oh well. The housing worked like boss for 3 months!

6 Likes

Oly since you like the diy route … you can buy a fart fan replacement motor for like $12 and use that too. I know I know…these things just come to me man… lol that’s 50 cfm too

4 Likes

Thanks, Loco. I really appreciate it. I was gonna make last night’s project from 1/2" plywood. When I went to my garage, all I had was .5" birch and .75" maple that I use to make skateboard decks. I didn’t have .5" that would fit. I’ll get a piece of .5" plywood this week and make a new panel for the ceiling. Imma take a look at that fan you posted and see about mounting it in the panel. I was actually thinking about looking for a bathroom fan or something that I can plug into an electrical outlet.

Here’s pics from a 40" baltic birch longboard deck.

I know that I can buy stuff that would make my grows better (tents, filters, ph pens…). And I love seeing the ingenuity of other growers to make something happen without spending too much money. I think it means more to me to put my own effort into my projects. I also know that every time I buy something, my first comment will be something like “Yo! I should have bought this a long time ago!” :rofl:

I’ll grow multiple plants in the spring & summer. But next winter, I’ll only grow one plant indoors. I mean it this time. I swear!

12 Likes

A plan is a good starting point Oly. LoL All projects mean a lot when it’s your labor well spent into it. Plus to save more money, time and labor just makes it all the more special.

4 Likes

My grow closet.

This what my indoor grow is.

02/06

13 Likes

You are so right!

6 Likes

The girls felt light, so they each got another .5 gal of water with Jacks321.

The ceiling fan seems to have worked pretty well. I’m glad to see that there were no spikes in humidity with the fan on after the lights went out last night.

02/07

11 Likes

I like the way that @mudman takes pics of his plants that look like portraits. I’m going to try to do that as we get to the last few weeks of flower.

It’s been 58 days since we flipped to 12/12.

02/08

14 Likes

Very nice! And you’re already beating me at my own game. :joy: I gotta get my good phone fixed so I have a decent camera again…

7 Likes

If you really want to improve upon it, not that I’m complaining beautiful beautiful plants. But a close-up of a bud from each plant with the portrait would be nice.

7 Likes

Sunny day! Let the ladies out to soak up some rays.

02/09

16 Likes

Those sure are going to be easy to trim, hell it might take you as long as 10 minutes. You have no junk there. Beautiful job!

4 Likes

I sure hope so. My last trimming session was a fiasco. It was a couple of outdoor plants, lots of crazy growth, and I was racing bad weather. I didn’t want to dry trim and it took me waaay longer than I anticipated. Fingers crossed for an easy harvest/wash/trim in a couple of weeks.

8 Likes

Lovin life and stacking nice! :+1: looking really good dude!

6 Likes

That’s some tasty looking stuff you got there. Well done sir :+1:

5 Likes

Smoking some medicine and watching the cats favorite tv show.

It’s actually a great show.

:rofl::evergreen_tree::fire::dash:

13 Likes

Man too bad that’s not catnip on the table, he’d be chasing birds alright. I grew some last year and it is was always fun to watch them with it. LoL
But that is some funny shit O…lol

7 Likes